PDA

View Full Version : Books?

themole
11-06-2004, 11:25 PM
What are you reading for fun these days?

As for me.

Randy Wayne Whites, Doc Ford mysteries
Clive Cusslers, Derk Pitt adventures
John B MacDonalds, Travis McGee again.

The storms put me into a reading mood and I've read twenty novels written by the three authors above. If you are an old fan of MacDonalds, Travis McGee then you will surely love Randy Wayne Whites, Doc Ford novels. They all center around Sannibel and Captiva Island on floridas southwest coast.

Rafiki
11-07-2004, 01:33 AM
I'm reading "The Dancing Wu Li Masters, An Overview of the New Physics"

By Gary Zukav

Bobby Humphrey
11-07-2004, 02:16 AM
i don't really read, but 'the dark side of the game' is a great read. its by tim green who i don't really like, but still a good book.

BigFinFan
11-07-2004, 02:20 AM
I liked all of the Patrica Cornwell Mysteries that were related to Dr Kay Scarpeta

Fin_Fanatic
11-07-2004, 03:38 AM
read any of Dan Brown's books. all four are awesome

CirclingWagons
11-07-2004, 03:44 AM
Mein Kampf....kinda sucks though

Dajesus
11-07-2004, 04:29 AM
What are you reading for fun these days?

As for me.

Randy Wayne Whites, Doc Ford mysteries
Clive Cusslers, Derk Pitt adventures
John B MacDonalds, Travis McGee again.

The storms put me into a reading mood and I've read twenty novels written by the three authors above. If you are an old fan of MacDonalds, Travis McGee then you will surely love Randy Wayne Whites, Doc Ford novels. They all center around Sannibel and Captiva Island on floridas southwest coast.

I uesed to live in captiva. Great place. However if you want to get down and dirty with a great litature depiction of what it really means to be a Floridian read anything by Tim Dorsey. My first would be "Orange Crush," but any of his novels will show the true mantality of the state. If you don't read then watch "Big Trouble." It is a little harder to pick up the subleties that makes a person a true Floridian, but if you have ever spent any time away form Disney in Florida and have half a brain you will get it.

PHINATIC13
11-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Robert Langdon is the MAN!!!!!!!!
read any of Dan Brown's books. all four are awesome

Scrap
11-07-2004, 01:29 PM
"Playboy" by Hugh Heffner

I like books with lots of pictures in it.

inFINSible
11-07-2004, 01:47 PM
What's a book?

themole
11-07-2004, 01:56 PM
I uesed to live in captiva. Great place. However if you want to get down and dirty with a great litature depiction of what it really means to be a Floridian read anything by Tim Dorsey. My first would be "Orange Crush," but any of his novels will show the true mantality of the state. If you don't read then watch "Big Trouble." It is a little harder to pick up the subleties that makes a person a true Floridian, but if you have ever spent any time away form Disney in Florida and have half a brain you will get it.

Thanks Dejesus. If you are really into reading about florida I would would like to recommened this site.

http://www.members.bellatlantic.net/~mwarble/slipf18/authors.htm

This site offers a critique of all the current fiction authors with a list of their works that are writing about florida.

edit: Well I can't get the link to work! Do a search on Travis Mcgee or John D MacDonald and you will find this page.

BTW...How are you feeling these days. I hope all is well.

finataxia24
11-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Barack Obama Dreams from My Father

Dajesus
11-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Thanks Dejesus. If you are really into reading about florida I would would like to recommened this site.

http://www.members.bellatlantic.net/~mwarble/slipf18/authors.htm

This site offers a critique of all the current fiction authors with a list of their works that are writing about florida.

edit: Well I can't get the link to work! Do a search on Travis Mcgee or John D MacDonald and you will find this page.

BTW...How are you feeling these days. I hope all is well.

Thanks for the concern. I am alot better. I have MS, but it isn't very active right now. Hopefully it will stay dormant untill I am atleast 60. Besides some numbness, and a few bad I am pretty good.

themole
11-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the concern. I am alot better. I have MS, but it isn't very active right now. Hopefully it will stay dormant untill I am atleast 60. Besides some numbness, and a few bad I am pretty good.

Hey man...I know you don't put a lot of stock in this, but I'll keep you in my family prayers.

Meatwad
11-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Shake says tv is twice as fast at information