PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade shuts up Gilbert Arenas

Muck
11-08-2004, 03:25 AM
Dwyane Wade had 37 points, 12 assists and eight rebounds to silence Gilbert Arenas, who said recently: 'Wade proved that he couldn't shoot in the Olympics.'

''Dwyane Wade proved that he couldn't shoot in the Olympics,'' Arenas said before the season. ``They've also got Eddie Jones, but let's be honest, combined they're not as good as Kobe [Bryant].''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/10120677.htm

PWNED!!

kud
11-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Good stuff. I sure enjoyed watching Wade pick apart the Wizard's defense.

I especially liked this quote. "No, Wade is no Kobe Bryant. He's something else."

Bumrush
11-08-2004, 08:21 PM
All I can say is, thank god for the Heat!!!

FinsNYanksFan13
11-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Wade is a serious player!!

Prime Time
11-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Exactly, do not compare Wade to Kobe. He is one of the players people will compare themselves too. Like in 3 years a rook out of the draft will play very nice and people will say "He is playing like Wade did when he started" or "He still isn't as good as Wade."

Fresh
11-10-2004, 01:59 AM
Anybody know the real story behind Gilbert's frustration towards Wade? Before the 2003 NBA Draft, Arenas was Miami's top free agent target and kept talking(check old Herald/Sun-Sentinel articles) about how he'd love to play in Miami and Miami was his first choice after Golden State(who really didn't care to match a deal over the MLE, which everybody knew he'd top). Everything changed when Miami picked Wade at #5, and already had Jones & Caron Butler on the roster. Chris Bosh was Miami's primary target, but most analysts felt that if he were to go #4(projected, but some saw the Raps taking Ford or Kaman), Miami would still select a big in Chris Kaman. We signed Odom with the money from the Anthony Carter madness instead of overpaying for an overrated player like Arenas. Obviously, Arenas probably feels that HE should be on this team playing with Shaq. FORTUNATELY, that's not the case.

Arenas will always put up a lot of points, however, he's only a decent/inconsistent player. He's one of those players whose stats can be misleading. Arenas has no business being a PG. He looks for his shot before he tries and creates, and when he does try and create, he turns the ball over.

Wade = budding superstar
Arenas = Selfish, inconsistent stat-padder

Arenas should worry about his team and stop worrying about Wade.

VJ1252
11-10-2004, 04:01 AM
Anybody know the real story behind Gilbert's frustration towards Wade? Before the 2003 NBA Draft, Arenas was Miami's top free agent target and kept talking(check old Herald/Sun-Sentinel articles) about how he'd love to play in Miami and Miami was his first choice after Golden State(who really didn't care to match a deal over the MLE, which everybody knew he'd top). Everything changed when Miami picked Wade at #5, and already had Jones & Caron Butler on the roster. Chris Bosh was Miami's primary target, but most analysts felt that if he were to go #4(projected, but some saw the Raps taking Ford or Kaman), Miami would still select a big in Chris Kaman. We signed Odom with the money from the Anthony Carter madness instead of overpaying for an overrated player like Arenas. Obviously, Arenas probably feels that HE should be on this team playing with Shaq. FORTUNATELY, that's not the case.

Arenas will always put up a lot of points, however, he's only a decent/inconsistent player. He's one of those players whose stats can be misleading. Arenas has no business being a PG. He looks for his shot before he tries and creates, and when he does try and create, he turns the ball over.

Wade = budding superstar
Arenas = Selfish, inconsistent stat-padder

Arenas should worry about his team and stop worrying about Wade. Yea I remember when all that happened. Before Miami drafted Wade I was excited about the prospects of Arenas coming to Miami. I think Arenas can still become a good or maybe even a great point guard. He is only 22 years old. Point Guards generally take longer to reach their potential especially when they play with bad teams. He will definitely not be as great as wade though.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-10-2004, 12:04 PM
yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.............................THE HEAT ARE GOING TO BE SERIOUS THIS YEAR!!

Jwcolour
11-13-2004, 02:24 PM
i like Wade...but he isn't near Kobe

Fresh
11-13-2004, 04:06 PM
i like Wade...but he isn't near Kobe
Yeah, I know. For that, he'd have to cheat on his wife and go on trial for rape, hog up the ball and care about his stats more than a championship, run the most dominating player in the league out of town so HE can be the star, and get punched in his mouth by a 6'1 PG(Chris Childs beat his a**). :roflmao:

DolphinDevil28
11-13-2004, 10:13 PM
yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.............................THE HEAT ARE GOING TO BE SERIOUS THIS YEAR!!

Just asking, but do you TRY to sound like a complete jack@ss???

Fresh
11-14-2004, 01:44 AM

You seriously need to find yourself a Magic fan board, but then again...most of the fan base left the ship when T-Mac got traded for one of the most inconsistent guards in NBA history who isn't even a PG, a pretty good SG, and a center with a whole lot of flaws.

He's not being a jackass. He's being serious that the Heat are going to be serious this year. :tongue:

Fresh
11-14-2004, 01:46 AM

Oh, and another thing...that question you asked, I'd like to return that question right back to you in regards to:

"HEY HEAT, YOU'RE THE SECOND BEST TEAM IN FLORIDA NOW."

^ :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DolphinDevil28
11-14-2004, 11:44 AM
X-Con, it had absolutely nothing to do with him saying the Heat are good. That's fine. I don't care if someone tried to say the Hawks were good. I wouldn't criticize them. Have you read some of this fool's other posts? And what's with this "yo yo yo" stuff? He just sounds retarted.

btw...I rathered you when you were ChambersOwnz.

Fresh
11-14-2004, 01:42 PM
X-Con, it had absolutely nothing to do with him saying the Heat are good. That's fine. I don't care if someone tried to say the Hawks were good. I wouldn't criticize them. Have you read some of this fool's other posts? And what's with this "yo yo yo" stuff? He just sounds retarted.

btw...I rathered you when you were ChambersOwnz.

Let him post how he wants to post. Don't call him a fool for saying, "yo yo yo". If that's what he wants to say, let him say it. He's not hurting anybody or violating the TOS, but YOU are when you're calling him a "fool".

Oh, and I could care less about that last line. I'm not here to be liked, I've got enough friends. I'm here to talk Dolphins football and a little bit of Heat basketball in this forum. LOL, and if you don't like the fact that I don't credit the Magic, so be it. I don't find them very impressive, nor do I find selecting Dwight Howard over Emeka Okafor a good decision. Like it or hate it, I'm not impressed at all by your squad. I don't like overrated players like Stevie Francis, and I was a HUGE McGrady fan, although he was the laziest defender in the NBA. You guys could've got a better deal elsewhere. Don't blame me because I tell it like it is..

Jwcolour
11-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I know. For that, he'd have to cheat on his wife and go on trial for rape, hog up the ball and care about his stats more than a championship, run the most dominating player in the league out of town so HE can be the star, and get punched in his mouth by a 6'1 PG(Chris Childs beat his a**). :roflmao:

you left out winning three championships.

"bbaaaby, there's jealous guys in our townnn"

Fresh
11-16-2004, 10:05 PM
you left out winning three championships.

"bbaaaby, there's jealous guys in our townnn"

Jealous? Nah, never that. If someone doesn't think the Lakers have built a dynasty, they are trippin'. That's not my case. Dwyane Wade is Dwyane Wade. Kobe Bryant is Kobe Bryant. Wade doesn't want to be Bryant and Bryant doesn't want to be Kobe.

Me? I'd take Wade over Bryant. Who cares how productive Kobe is. Why would you want a selfish player on your team who hogs up the ball and tries to CONTROL THE FRONT OFFICE? :shakeno:

Btw- Wade is coming off a sore ankle, and is 8/8 for 20 points in the 2nd quarter.

PHINATIC13
11-17-2004, 01:10 AM
I amazed by your thinking you know Kobe or what he had to do with any of the Lakers off-season moves, as for taking Wade over Bryant, well I guess you don't know Kobe.But to me you just sound like a "hommy" rootin' for his team.And that's OK X.As for a selfish player you have one in O'neal.I see the Heat as 3rd or 4th seed at best in the East. JMO
Jealous? Nah, never that. If someone doesn't think the Lakers have built a dynasty, they are trippin'. That's not my case. Dwyane Wade is Dwyane Wade. Kobe Bryant is Kobe Bryant. Wade doesn't want to be Bryant and Bryant doesn't want to be Kobe.

Me? I'd take Wade over Bryant. Who cares how productive Kobe is. Why would you want a selfish player on your team who hogs up the ball and tries to CONTROL THE FRONT OFFICE? :shakeno:

Btw- Wade is coming off a sore ankle, and is 8/8 for 20 points in the 2nd quarter.

VJ1252
11-17-2004, 01:47 AM
I amazed by your thinking you know Kobe or what he had to do with any of the Lakers off-season moves, as for taking Wade over Bryant, well I guess you don't know Kobe.But to me you just sound like a "hommy" rootin' for his team.And that's OK X.As for a selfish player you have one in O'neal.I see the Heat as 3rd or 4th seed at best in the East. JMO

its ironic that you accuse him of homerism when it is clear that you have purple and gold glasses on. Do you really think the lakers would have let phil jackson go and traded shaq if kobe didnt want those moves? If they had done anything to upset kobe he would have bolted. At best kobe simply said it didnt matter to him wether shaq came back but numerous reports have shown that kobe didnt want to play with shaq anymore. Shaq may be selfish as many star players are but at least he passes the ball. And the heat the 3rd or 4th seed at best? :lol::lol: You realize they were the 4th seed last year and the team that was the 3rd seed (NJ) definitely isnt gonna be the 3rd seed this year.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Kobe is a better basketball player then Wade, no doubt about it........but it will be close in the future. With that said, Wade has better character then Kobe, which evens it out for me!

PHINATIC13
11-17-2004, 09:15 PM
First off did you read what i said? It's OK to be a Homer.I don't claim to know Jack about how the Lakers off season moves were made. And as For MY OPINION to the Heat being seeded as so it's just that, so I'm not sure of your piont.Good luck Heat fan.There are alot of guys who don't want to play with each other,doesn't mean they trade a top player like Shaq( I love the guy,3 rings )
its ironic that you accuse him of homerism when it is clear that you have purple and gold glasses on. Do you really think the lakers would have let phil jackson go and traded shaq if kobe didnt want those moves? If they had done anything to upset kobe he would have bolted. At best kobe simply said it didnt matter to him wether shaq came back but numerous reports have shown that kobe didnt want to play with shaq anymore. Shaq may be selfish as many star players are but at least he passes the ball. And the heat the 3rd or 4th seed at best? :lol::lol: You realize they were the 4th seed last year and the team that was the 3rd seed (NJ) definitely isnt gonna be the 3rd seed this year.