PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Holiday Spice

Jimmy James
11-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Save your money, folks. This soft drink is the most wretched idea in the history of bad soft drink ideas. I'm telling you this so you save your $1.50 for a 2 liter or worse your $4 for a twelve pack. Just so you can put this into perspective, I *liked* Crystal Pepsi.

:soapbox: :smackhead :mrt:

Muck
11-09-2004, 01:51 AM
Worst idea since syrupy, carbonated drinks.

Jwcolour
11-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Atleast you can still enjoy Mountain Dew Pitch Black Code Red and Livewire. Aswell as the only available in taco bell Baja Blast. Mountain Dew Rules.

Jimmy James
11-09-2004, 12:27 PM
I loathe Mountain Dew.

I'm a Sun Drop/Squirt/Mountain Dew man.

I do have to admit taht Livewire wasn't too bad, though.

The best damned new soft drink in recent times was Red Fusion. It was the essence of Dr. Pepper. Unfortunately, I heard of and even tasted the variation in the product between the Coke and Pepsi bottlers that were handling it. The Coke bottler down in Macon produced a much crisper, tastier product than the Pepsi bottler did up here (theirs was too sweet and yet watered down).

Jwcolour
11-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Red Fusion? Come on now lets not get crazy. There is barely any variation in the flavor from red fusion to normal dr. pepper. Now I love dr. pepper, and red fusion was good. But I think it only was good because it tasted nearly exactly like Dr. P.

Since the movie Days of Thunder I had always been a Mellow Yellow fan. Then I saw the light and found that Mountain Dew was just 4 times better. Not only does the original flavor taste good, but all of the new ones taste good as well. Code Red especially tastes good with Vodka as an added bonus. I call it Ivans Blood. Mountain Dew rules.

If I had to say there was one soft drink better than the Mountain Dew line, it would be Tahitian Treat. It's more rare than all of the others but if you ever come across it I beg you to try it. For your own good. Your taste buds will never be the same again.

http://www.dpsu.com/brands_tahitian_treat.html

Also you hear about the new Dr. Pepper coming out? Its Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper or something, sounds good.

Jimmy James
11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
That was the genius of Red Fusion -- it was Dr. Pepper without the heavy taste. It was light and very tasty.

I keep meaning to try Tahitian Treat. We have a goot DPSU bottler here. Thank goodness -- I love A&W, Sunkist, 7up, and loved dnL while it was here. I can't bring myself to try 7up Plus, though.

I'm anxiously awaiting C-V Dr. Pepper. :)

BigFinFan
11-09-2004, 08:50 PM
That was the genius of Red Fusion -- it was Dr. Pepper without the heavy taste. It was light and very tasty.

I keep meaning to try Tahitian Treat. We have a goot DPSU bottler here. Thank goodness -- I love A&W, Sunkist, 7up, and loved dnL while it was here. I can't bring myself to try 7up Plus, though.

I'm anxiously awaiting C-V Dr. Pepper. :)

JJ - don't try 7-Up Plus. Personally, I think that it sucks! I love Cherry 7-Up, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Dr. Pepper and the Dew!

Anybody remember Jolt?

tehMick
11-09-2004, 09:01 PM
I never even heard of it.
:confused2
But speaking of new drinks i really like Sierra Myst.
It's really, really, really good.
PS:
Mountain Dew: Code Red sucks!
:yeahthat:

Jwcolour
11-10-2004, 12:18 PM
JJ - don't try 7-Up Plus. Personally, I think that it sucks! I love Cherry 7-Up, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Dr. Pepper and the Dew!

Anybody remember Jolt?

Yeah Jolt is still around, good stuff. Caffiene is like X5 the amount of normal soda.

Jwcolour
11-10-2004, 12:21 PM
I never even heard of it.
:confused2
But speaking of new drinks i really like Sierra Myst.
It's really, really, really good.
PS:
Mountain Dew: Code Red sucks!
:yeahthat:

I like Sierra Mist too...you notice lemon lime drinks taste alot better out of the tap too?

PS:
TehMick: :shakeno: Code Red is awesome, I bet if mountain dew came out with a feces flavored drink it would still be good. Mountain Poo

Pagan
11-10-2004, 12:33 PM
I didn't think I'd like Pepsi Vanilla either, but I'm hooked on that crap now. I'll give it a try, but I don't think it'll be that good. Eggnog flavor is what's going through my mind.

Philter25
11-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Some weird sodas are great for mixing with alcohol.

That pepsi Vanilla taste awesome with some captain mo.

I bet that pepsi spice and some amaretto would make a heluva drink

mmmmm mountain poo, i can hardly wait!:roflmao:

Jimmy James
11-10-2004, 01:19 PM
I love my rum and cola, but I really think I prefer Vanilla Coke with the Cap'n. What's even better than that is regular Coke with Cruzan vanilla rum.

So good...

BigFinFan
11-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Why is it that certain drinks taste better out of the tap? I love Dr. Pepper, but I love it when I get it from Burger King.

Jimmy James
11-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I find that Coke and Pepsi often taste too carbonated out of the fountain machine. To combat this, I put a packet of sugar into my glass. It releases a good deal of the carbonation. I believe salt would do the same thing, but that just seems too strange to me...

Jwcolour
11-11-2004, 12:11 AM
I find that Coke and Pepsi often taste too carbonated out of the fountain machine. To combat this, I put a packet of sugar into my glass. It releases a good deal of the carbonation. I believe salt would do the same thing, but that just seems too strange to me...

Nothing like adding another 10 grams of sugar to a drink made purely from it....

Anyway, the only drink i really like alot more out of the tap is sprite and 7up and sierra...as for soda with booze.

Everclear isn't legal in NY but we got a assload of 1.75 liter bottles up here and made some good drinks from it. Pour a crapload of it and mix it with a 2 liter Orage Soda (Your choice) then we threw in a Grape Kool-Aid packet (the powder). Barely tasted like any booze was in there and there was a ton and we all got pretty hammered.

Also being on a budget over the summer (mostly from buying hennesy and Hypnotiq and Alize[the ladies seemed to dig it]) normally i'd just buy a 1.75 Castillo rum and some Diet Coke (gotta keep my sexy figure). Some Vodka and Code Red isn't bad. Seven and Sevens are always good...normally I try to make good drinks with real mixers and crap though but you can only really do that at certain party's...like friends places not random ones ya bust in. Ya'll don't have to deal with that though being of legal age...

Dolphin1184
11-11-2004, 02:22 AM
Im a coke and pepsi person all the way.

tehMick
11-11-2004, 03:00 AM
Well, sometimes it tastes watery out of the tap.
But when it's good it's the best.
Lemon-Lime drinks > Everything
:yes:
Lemon Lime:hump:
PS:
No dude, it doesnt.
Mountain Dew: Pitch Black also sucks!
:chuckle:
I like Sierra Mist too...you notice lemon lime drinks taste alot better out of the tap too?

PS:
TehMick: :shakeno: Code Red is awesome, I bet if mountain dew came out with a feces flavored drink it would still be good. Mountain Poo

Jwcolour
11-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Well, sometimes it tastes watery out of the tap.
But when it's good it's the best.
Lemon-Lime drinks > Everything
Lemon Lime:hump:
PS:
No dude, it doesnt.
Mountain Dew: Pitch Black also sucks!

True about the water..you can even see with like coke that its a lighter color sometimes when it comes out, then it just tastes like ***.

PS: Code Red rules, the only thing cooler is PITCH BLACK. Delicious blast of grape goodness into my dew. I had more Baja blast earlier at taco bell. Yum

Den54
11-11-2004, 08:00 AM
Fresca anyone? :D

Jimmy James
11-11-2004, 12:45 PM
I liked the sugary version of Fresca known as Citra.

As far as adding even more sugar to my Coke, that's actually the first sugar it has seen. That high fructose corn syrup is nasty and would be done away with in a perfect world.

Jwcolour
11-11-2004, 02:05 PM

As far as adding even more sugar to my Coke, that's actually the first sugar it has seen. That high fructose corn syrup is nasty and would be done away with in a perfect world.

well now you are gettin techincal on me

tehMick
11-11-2004, 04:55 PM
:ban:

Fresca anyone? :D

Scrap
11-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Anyone drink TAB? Me neither.

Den54
11-11-2004, 07:08 PM
How about some ALE 8?

11-11-2004, 09:06 PM

:eek: wow. that is the first time I have ever heard anyone do that. :eek:

You probably dig kool-aid too, eh?

Jimmy James
11-11-2004, 09:55 PM
:eek: wow. that is the first time I have ever heard anyone do that. :eek:

You probably dig kool-aid too, eh?

I prefer the Gatorade. The grape tastes much better than grape kool-aid to me.

I only do that with the fountain drinks when they taste off to me.

fins
11-12-2004, 10:53 AM
has anyone tried that weird sh*t they're putting out where the flavor is like turkey and mash potatoes

Jimmy James
11-12-2004, 01:58 PM
I know I haven't, and I won't be trying it. I love trying new drinks, but that stuff goes too far.

Jwcolour
11-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Does anyone else love mixing different soda's at the tap. A little of everything tastes reallllll good

BigFinFan
11-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Does anyone else love mixing different soda's at the tap. A little of everything tastes reallllll good

We used to call it "Suicide" in HS and College.

And to those of you knocking Kool-Aide - you better stop! I totally dig Black Cherry Kool-Aide!!!!!

LIQUID24
11-12-2004, 09:16 PM
I like ½ Sprite ½ Diet Coke. Best mix ever. :yes:

modestophinfan
11-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey, what ever happened to Surge? Surge was the baddest assed drink i've ever drank. Mello Yello kicks *** too. But i havent seen surge around anymore. I wonder what happened to it

Jimmy James
11-12-2004, 10:12 PM
More Surge info than you can shake a Mountain Dew at:

http://www.savesurge.org/surge/index.shtml

Jwcolour
11-13-2004, 04:42 AM
Hey, what ever happened to Surge? Surge was the baddest assed drink i've ever drank. Mello Yello kicks *** too. But i havent seen surge around anymore. I wonder what happened to it

I prefer 1/8th cherry coke, 1/8th sprite 2/8th's orange 1/8th dr.pepper 1/8th coke 2/8ths diet coke

tehMick
11-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Half Sprite, Half Hi-C Fruit Punch
Greatest.
Combo.
Ever.
:cooldude:

poornate
11-16-2004, 06:11 PM
I have a Jolt in my fridge now! Anyone want a Cheerwine!

Jimmy James
11-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Mmmmmmmm...Cheerwine.