PDA

View Full Version : Empty seats?

kud
11-09-2004, 08:55 PM
From what I've heard it's virtually impossible to get heat tickets. Weird how there are so many empty seats in the lower bowl. Are those just the season ticket holders not showing up or what? I don't get it.

Bumrush
11-09-2004, 11:31 PM
I was at the game tonight, a lot of empty seats. As a matter of fact, I got two $25 dollar tickets for a total of $18.

Fresh
11-10-2004, 01:51 AM
The rich people buy tickets and have something else to do later, unfortunately. I am sure a lot of "South Beach people" had tickets for this game and didn't show up. It happens all the time...

That's the problem with basketball. With 41 home games, sadly, some people could care less whether or not their tickets go to waste.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Miami fans in that area are very fair weather fans. Marlins in the World Series, packed house..................Marlins in tight pennant race......empty seats. The fan base in Miami isn't very strong!!

kud
11-11-2004, 07:26 PM
That's the problem with basketball. With 41 home games, sadly, some people could care less whether or not their tickets go to waste.

Yeah, I kinda figured as much. So then is it still possible to get tickets in the lower bowl? I'd like to go to a few games this season, but I'd rather not be stuck up in the nose bleeds.

Bodzilla29
11-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Miami, unfortunately, is probobly home to the most fickle fans in North America. Nobody can doubt this.

Fresh
11-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Miami, unfortunately, is probobly home to the most fickle fans in North America. Nobody can doubt this.

I can.

Go review some tapes of the 2003 NBA Playoffs. When it counts, the fans show up, seriously.

Dolphins fans are the TERRIBLE ones. Miami is a busy city, and people aren't gonna fill up those sites on week nights, early in the season.

Bodzilla29
11-13-2004, 07:38 PM
hahah you fool. Being fickle means showing up when the going is good and staying away when things are on the downside. Where were the fans the 3 years before that, when the arena was empty?

Look at the Phins, bad season and the stands are empty. Heat struggle, fail to fill half the building. Look at the damn Marlins, who goes to the games, unless they are World Series games? Panthers are the same.

Miami fans ARE fickle, no doubt. Just because there is other stuff to do in the city doesn't matter. Real fans show up all the time, whenever they can because they are HARDCORE. I'd rather watch sports then chill on a beach, but that's just me(and other hardcore fans out there).

Bodzilla29
11-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Con, you seem to have answered my other posts, why not this one? You never answered my questions...

Fresh
11-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Con, you seem to have answered my other posts, why not this one? You never answered my questions...

Because I didn't see much of a question at all for one, I didn't check this post back because I could care less about it. And for two - I try and stay away from the immature comments so I don't wind up banned, as you should be for breaking the TOS.

"hahah you fool." -We're having this discussion on a Middle School level now? :o

And honestly, I could care less about every other fan. All I know is that I show up regardless of how my team is doing. I've never missed a Dolphins game based on performance(a few times based on sickness & family/friend deaths). I went to the Heat games in Caron Butler's rookie year, which was one of the worse in franchise history, and so on and so forth. I could care less about the fans here, because I've said over and over again in the past that Dolphins fans are one of the worse in the NFL.

Bodzilla29
11-15-2004, 06:53 PM
UUuummm you said that you could disagree with me that fans in Miami are fickle.

Your cheap barb about Middleschool is only there to hide the fact that you were completely wrong and have no evidence to bak up your claim. (TOS hahahahahahaahahahaahahahaha are you ****tin me?)

This isn't a conversation/thread about you, it is about the fickle fans of Miami, and if you couldnèt care less then why did you respond in the first place? There are som die hards in Miami and congradualtions if you are one of them, but to say the city as a whole isn't fickle is rather ignorant, even more so coming from someone who actually lives in Miami and can see first hand just how 'selective' (ie when things are good) the fans are there.

Fresh
11-15-2004, 07:18 PM
This isn't a conversation/thread about you, it is about the fickle fans of Miami, and if you couldnèt care less then why did you respond in the first place? There are som die hards in Miami and congradualtions if you are one of them, but to say the city as a whole isn't fickle is rather ignorant, even more so coming from someone who actually lives in Miami and can see first hand just how 'selective' (ie when things are good) the fans are there.

I don't really care for the Marlins as I don't care for baseball as a whole. Sure, if they're in the playoffs I'll watch them and talk about them. I cannot watch baseball until the playoffs, except for occasional games throughout the season. I could never imagine sitting at a stadium for 9 innings watching a BASEBALL game, and that's the same deal for most of the city. Personally, I just want the Marlins to get the hell out of our stadium.

Panthers?? What sport do they play??

The Canes are a college team, sure...but that house is always full.

All I care about are the Dolphins, Heat, & Canes. And like I said...Dolphins fans are one of the worse in the NFL. I already admitted that. As for Heat fans, it wouldn't matter if we had Wade, Kobe, T-Mac, Garnett, and Shaq as the starting 5. That arena will not sell out unless it's the playoffs or a game with a lot of meaning. I'll admit that this isn't a basketball town to begin with.

Fact of the matter is, this is a football town. The addition of Shaq has balanced the city's hype a bit, but not much. The Dolphins will always come first in Miami and will always rule the front page of the Sports section.

Personally, I just don't like the fact that people tend to categorize the city as a whole, because there are a load of die hard fans in this city, myself included.

Bodzilla29
11-15-2004, 07:43 PM
But the generalization is true. Every city has their diehards, it is just that Miami, on the whole has many fewer die hards then other cities. That is what makes it a fickle town.

The city needs WAAAAAAY more people like you before it can get away from the reputation. I hate admitting that the Dolphins have only average support, nobody likes to admit it, but it is true and there is no point saying it is something it isn't.