PDA

View Full Version : WOW: Ron Artest

Fresh
11-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh my god, this is absolutely hilarious. Anybody wonder why Ron Artest has not been playing? He's not injured, and the coach hasn't benched him. Artest told the team that he needs time off(he said possibly 1 month) to finish and promote his rap album, which hits stores November 23rd. This is some funny sh*t.

Can you imagine this? An NBA player telling the team he needs about 1 month off to record a rap album! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I always knew there were some screws missing from that guy's head, and changing his jersey number from #23 to #91 to salute Dennis Rodman proved it for me. The latest issue with Artest officially confirms the missing screws in his head.

nick1
11-10-2004, 11:10 PM
the Pacers lost big to the Clippers :lol:

Noodle Arm
11-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Why are the talented ones always so crazy?? There was even talk of Artest saying he might retire...sound familiar?? lol

kud
11-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Ron Artest is a freakin clown. I'll just go on record right now, and say this guy should be suspended, if not expelled from the NBA. He is a disgrace to professional basketball. I have never liked Artest much as a player, and as far as I can tell as a person. He's the NBA's Ricky Williams, except maybe even a little worse. Pacers fans must be pissed. And when Artest comes back, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was booed off the floor. This guy is a complete joke. :shakeno:

iceblizzard69
11-12-2004, 10:14 PM
They should have let him take off the whole season. His rap CD is more important than the team.

:rolleyes2

DolphinDevil28
11-13-2004, 01:13 AM
This is the saddest thing I've ever heard. Artest just re-defined the term "prima donna."

Jwcolour
11-13-2004, 02:23 PM
According to him its not a rap album, but more of an R&B album

Jimmy James
11-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Saying Artest is like Ricky is an insult to Ricky. At least Ricky's extremely poor choice was just one incident. If Ricky had done the things the Lewises did and then quit, he'd be more like Artest.

Muck
11-13-2004, 09:54 PM
This guy is a total doofus. I hope he does retire, because he doesn't deserve to be making NBA money anymore.

I love how he says "I want a month off to rest and promote my rap CD". And in the very next breath, claim that the NBA and a championship are the most important things to him. He followed that up with "I got my rest anyway" after being suspended.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-14-2004, 10:01 PM
It really pisses me off that he says the reason why he wanted time off was because his body hurt and he's tired. He's 25 years old and he says he's tired after a summer off. That's a joke!

Martel
11-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Artest=LEON FROM THE BUD COMMERCIALS

Jimmy James
11-17-2004, 07:23 PM
This guy is a total doofus. I hope he does retire, because he doesn't deserve to be making NBA money anymore.

I love how he says "I want a month off to rest and promote my rap CD". And in the very next breath, claim that the NBA and a championship are the most important things to him. He followed that up with "I got my rest anyway" after being suspended.

Unfortunately, his stance on the championship and the time off can be reconciled. The regular season in the NBA is meaningless. Until they fix this, you're going to see crap like guys dogging it, taking their time coming back from injury, and even occasionally this insanity...

Muck
11-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately, his stance on the championship and the time off can be reconciled. The regular season in the NBA is meaningless. Until they fix this, you're going to see crap like guys dogging it, taking their time coming back from injury, and even occasionally this insanity...

Yup, and we're already starting to see it in the NFL, with guys holding out so they can miss training camp.

iceblizzard69
11-19-2004, 06:21 PM
The CD comes out next Tuesday. I'm going to camp out at Virgin Megastore so I can get my copy at midnight.

Well, maybe I won't.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Im going to walk outside the Virgin Megastore the day after the album drops and pick my up the copy in the trash can!

Martel
11-19-2004, 11:19 PM
I hope its R&B, not rap, that would make it extra hilarious!!!

Fresh
11-19-2004, 11:51 PM
I LOVE ARTEST NOW!

He punched 3 fans RIGHT IN THE MOUTH. Artest, Stephen Jackson, JO'Neal, and Tinsley all punched a few fans who deserved it. Ben Wallace should be arrested, he's a little punk. It was a foul, you don't punch somebody for committing a foul.

Good for Ron, JO, Tinsley, and Stephen Jackson. Beat their a**es.

CirclingWagons
11-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Bye bye ronny...He quite possibly just played his last game in the NBA

Dolphin1184
11-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Bye bye ronny...He quite possibly just played his last game in the NBA
I hope whoever threw that beer bottle at him gets arrested.

CirclingWagons
11-19-2004, 11:56 PM
My favorite part was the fans stomping on Artest....He and the Detroit fans are scumbags

CirclingWagons
11-19-2004, 11:57 PM
I hope whoever threw that beer bottle at him gets arrested.
he will, and rightfully so...but you know Artest is going to get charged with assault as well

Dolphin1184
11-19-2004, 11:57 PM
My favorite part was the fans stomping on Artest....He and the Detroit fans are scumbags
I dont put this one on artest. Ben Wallace retaliated and Artest did nothing. Fan threw a beer bottle at him.

CirclingWagons
11-19-2004, 11:59 PM
I dont put this one on artest. Ben Wallace retaliated and Artest did nothing. Fan threw a beer bottle at him.
True, but he's still a dirtbag, so it was fun watching him deliver AND take a beating

PerfectFinz72
11-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Artest should have NEVER went into the stands.....that's wrong no matter what the fans do. DO you think Michael Jordan would have went into the stands if that happened....absolutely not....

The fans are wrong for what they did....but Artest is a loose cannon.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 12:11 AM
C-Wag, Artest didn't even get the big hit. Stephen Jackson did.

Big Ben should be suspended for 5+ games and the Pistons should be forced to FORFEIT their next 5 home games because of this(0% chance of happening, just my input).

Fresh
11-20-2004, 12:13 AM

As is Jermaine O'Neal, as is Stephen Jackson, as is Jamaal Tinsley, as is Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace.

Props to Ron. I started this thread bashing him, and he's still an a** for the music thing. However, I gained a LOAD of respect for him tonight. This sounds harsh, but if he KILLED THE GUY, I'd go buy me a Ron Artest jersey tomorrow morning, as soon as Pro Image opens.

LIQUID24
11-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Artest should have NEVER went into the stands.....that's wrong no matter what the fans do. DO you think Michael Jordan would have went into the stands if that happened....absolutely not....

Jordan has never had a beer thrown at him. You don't know how he would react in that situation. He's not exactly a saint, you know. I don't blame Artest at all for what he did.

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 12:15 AM
C-Wag, Artest didn't even get the big hit. Stephen Jackson did.

Big Ben should be suspended for 5+ games and the Pistons should be forced to FORFEIT their next 5 home games because of this(0% chance of happening, just my input).
whatever happens, happens. It was good entertainment, that's all I can say. Ron Artest is a train wreck...put him and an idiotic detroit fanbase in one building and it's always entertainment

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Jordan has never had a beer thrown at him. You don't know how he would react in that situation. He's not exactly a saint, you know. I don't blame Artest at all for what he did.
Come on man...he got hit with liquid, not a glass beer bottle...let's not over-dramatize this

Fresh
11-20-2004, 12:17 AM
The best thing of the night was the Detroit fans dancing and clapping in the stands.

Aren't they like 3-4 right now?

FinsNYanksFan13
11-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Artest is one of my favorite players in the game!

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 12:19 AM
The best thing of the night was the Detroit fans dancing and clapping in the stands.

Aren't they like 3-4 right now?
that means jacksh!t in the NBA...ho-hum another 75 games left

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Artest is one of my favorite players in the game!
one of my least favorite, which is why I enjoyed watching that tonight

LIQUID24
11-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Come on man...he got hit with liquid, not a glass beer bottle...let's not over-dramatize this
So you would've just sat there and took it? F*ck that. I'd be looking for that pu$$y that threw the beer, but that's just me.

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 12:24 AM
So you would've just sat there and took it? F*ck that. I'd be looking for that pu$$y that threw the beer, but that's just me.
gotta keep your head...if it was a beer BOTTLE, than you're god damn right I'd go after him...but it was just liquid, so deal with it.

Let's be honet fellas, this guy is a walking disaster anyways, it was only a matter of time

LIQUID24
11-20-2004, 12:27 AM
I'm no Artest apologist, but you know damn well MANY (if not MOST) NBA players would've reacted the same way. At least I think so. :hmmm:

Dolphin1184
11-20-2004, 12:33 AM
gotta keep your head...if it was a beer BOTTLE, than you're god damn right I'd go after him...but it was just liquid, so deal with it.

Let's be honet fellas, this guy is a walking disaster anyways, it was only a matter of time LOL so we all have right to throw anything, liquid and otherwise at players now? You have got to be kidding me. I dont give a damn if its dennis rodman, AI, or any other "hated" player out there.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 12:37 AM

Let's be honet fellas, this guy is a walking disaster anyways, it was only a matter of time

Bull.

If you were in a heated battle to begin with and on national TV...you would of reacted the same way. If not, hey man, that's you.

I know I would've...and I take no shame in that. Artest would evev gain more respect from me if he tracks that guy down(hey, his face is all over ESPN) and trashes his house, car, etc.(of course not mess with the guy's family--it's all on him). :cooldude:

Fresh
11-20-2004, 12:38 AM
LOL so we all have right to throw anything, liquid and otherwise at players now? You have got to be kidding me. I dont give a damn if its dennis rodman, AI, or any other "hated" player out there.

AI's pimp.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Oh hellll nah. Plastic or not, the BOTTLE hit him in the mouth. And a fan jumped on the court too, and Artest knocked him out(Ron's crazy a** should've killed him too, I would've laughed if he killed him).

Props to Artest. Like Stephen A. Smith said, when fans jump onto the court...as a player, you defend yourself.

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Bull.

If you were in a heated battle to begin with and on national TV...you would of reacted the same way. If not, hey man, that's you.

I know I would've...and I take no shame in that. Artest would evev gain more respect from me if he tracks that guy down(hey, his face is all over ESPN) and trashes his house, car, etc.(of course not mess with the guy's family--it's all on him). :cooldude:
He threw some beer at him...beer. Listen to yourself:
Artest would evev gain more respect from me if he tracks that guy down(hey, his face is all over ESPN) and trashes his house, car, etc.(of course not mess with the guy's family--it's all on him).

and what's that going to accomplish? All that would do is make him look like a hoodrat homeboy(too late).

I'm gonna go hit up the bar..Mulligan's is only open for 2 more hours. Hell, maybe I'll get bored and chuck a beer at somebody.
:eek:

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 12:45 AM
AI's pimp.
:roflmao:

he's a PHUCKING JOKE...let me shoot 9 for 42 everynight :roflmao:

Fresh
11-20-2004, 02:41 AM
He threw some beer at him...beer. Listen to yourself:

Watch the damn replay. The cup/bottle/whatever, I don't give a f***...hit Artest right in the mouth. How would you react to something like that? Stop acting like your an angel. It's getting old now.

If you wouldn't do anything about that, you're not a "classy guy", you're a punk(hence the word *if*). :shakeno:

brech10
11-20-2004, 02:50 AM
LOL so we all have right to throw anything, liquid and otherwise at players now? You have got to be kidding me. I dont give a damn if its dennis rodman, AI, or any other "hated" player out there.

agree...

I guess he didn't have time to assess the container that hit him.

I can't think of anything, right off the top of my head, done by a group of fans that was as classless and idiotic as piston fans did tonight.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 02:54 AM
Wow, I take something back. That WASN'T even a hard foul by Artest. That foul was very ordinary.

All that proves is that Little Ben's an even bigger b*tch.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-20-2004, 03:43 AM
Ben took the foul personally because Artest committed the foul. Had anyone else committed it, Ben would of let it go. Artest made this reputation, now he has to live with it!

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 04:20 AM
Watch the damn replay. The cup/bottle/whatever, I don't give a f***...hit Artest right in the mouth. How would you react to something like that? Stop acting like your an angel. It's getting old now.

If you wouldn't do anything about that, you're not a "classy guy", you're a punk(hence the word *if*). :shakeno:
I didn't know that a cup hit him in the mouth...notice how I only "saw" and "thought" liquid hit him...of course I would go after the guy if I got hit in the face with an object, that's not an argument. My original argument was with Liquid24...I thought it was only beer that hit him(which is no big deal, short of piss or jizz).

And for everyone out there saying they'd do the same thing...puh-leeze...if I had a nickel for everytime I heard someone talk tough and not back it up I'd be Bill Gates. :shakeno:

You people need to drop the tough guy act...especially you Miamians(SOFT) Case in point, I was at the Jet-Miami game(DEC. 28TH) last year with my friend Dave(a finfan)...we had 3 annoying *** idiotic dolfans in front of us that we eventually poured beer on. They were in college I'd guess(maybe just outta college). You know what they did? They bitched, than got up and left. I thought they went to the bathroom or something, but nooooooo, they were gone for good. Bitches.

Even the public school violence is overrated and over-dramatized....it's not the early and mid-90s when there were drive-bys and the gangs were out in full force. Wanna know what a fight in Miami is? 2 bitches shoving each other back and forth saying, "you want some of this?"

13 years in Miami has taught me this much: it's all talk.

FinFan84
11-20-2004, 06:08 PM
As is Jermaine O'Neal, as is Stephen Jackson, as is Jamaal Tinsley, as is Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace.

Props to Ron. I started this thread bashing him, and he's still an a** for the music thing. However, I gained a LOAD of respect for him tonight. This sounds harsh, but if he KILLED THE GUY, I'd go buy me a Ron Artest jersey tomorrow morning, as soon as Pro Image opens.

Are u a moron x-con? You gained respect for what that scummer artest did? What a loser, you and him. You would buy his jersey if he killed somebody? You should be banned form here for saying that. Promote murder somewhere else, dick.