PDA

View Full Version : Sports-Related Issue Please Help

RunRickyRun34
11-12-2004, 03:47 PM
After a couple days of thinking, I have yet to come up with anything worth writing a paper over. Do any of you sports fans have any ideas?

Here's What I need to do...

Establish a position on a sports-related issue, and try to convince others who hold opinions different than yours of the merits of your position.

Your Goal What is it that you want to accomplish? Do you want to suggest an action, to challenge a practice, or to highlight an issue? Craft your thesis carefully, and clarify your purpose.

Your Audience You cannot persuade people who don´t understand an issue, or who already agree with you, or who are insulted by your arguments. Provide information, explain special terms, and consider preconceptions.

Your Proofs Your arguments should be clear, developed, and well organized. Support your claims, choose trustworthy sources and up to date information, and include all the significant facts.

Your Conclusion Now that you have convinced your readers of your position, what do you want them to do? Provide a call to action. End decisively.

Any ideas are appreciated, can anyone help?

Thanks

Jimmy James
11-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Brainstorming ideas here:

- Legalize steroids
- Ban NFL instant replay
- Establish instant replay in baseball
- End the rules designed to protect the quarterback
- Put Pete Rose in the hall of fame *or* reinstate Pete Rose
- Allow multi-player celebration in the NFL
- Ban the designated hitter
- Remove the three point line
- End taxpayer-funded stadiums
- Implement a salary cap in baseball

There are really tons of topics...

Mindwarp
11-12-2004, 04:46 PM
End the rules designed to protect the quarterback

gots my vote

Steveo 90
11-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Betting on games at the stadiums...

I am not A gambler, but it could make A good topic!!!

RunRickyRun34
11-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks fellas

Jwcolour
11-13-2004, 07:12 PM
the baseball instant replay is interesting

Jimmy James
11-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Baseball instant replay and removing the 3 point line are two moderately hot topics right now. As I understand it, the NBA did away with the line in the NBADL. I think baseball is reviewing replay.

Another topical sports issue would be to look at NASCAR's playoff system.

RunRickyRun34
11-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Baseball instant replay and removing the 3 point line are two moderately hot topics right now. As I understand it, the NBA did away with the line in the NBADL. I think baseball is reviewing replay.

Another topical sports issue would be to look at NASCAR's playoff system.

Thanks again

iceblizzard69
11-14-2004, 03:38 PM
You should also consider doing something like "NFL teams should be forced to honor the contracts they give to players" or "Players should not be traded without their permission in all cases."