PDA

View Full Version : Some Humor during the bye week...

Dolphins17-0
11-13-2004, 02:13 PM
courtesy of
http://sportspickle.com

an amusing sports satyr page, similar to the onion

Dolphins fan pissed before learning “resign” is not the same as “re-sign"

Dolphins fan Mike DeLuca was relieved to find out from a friend that the scrolling headline he read on ESPN on Monday night – “Miami coach Dave Wannstedt to resign” – did not mean that Wannstedt had signed another contract with the team.
“I was extremely angry when I saw that go across the screen,” said DeLuca. “I immediately called my friend Bob and told him that I couldn’t believe management was dumb enough to extend Wannstedt’s contract when he’s 1-7. And he was like: ‘What do you mean? He just resigned.’”
DeLuca and his friend argued about the how each word was spelled for a minute or so before DeLuca grabbed his dictionary. “Luckily, it turns out Wannstedt did the one without the hyphen. That’s what screwed me up, the hyphen. And I’m glad, because if they had re-signed him after all the other crap that’s happened with the team in the last year, I don’t think I could be a fan anymore.”

BizarroAndres
11-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Thats good stuff; I love sports humor like that. I usually go to thebrushback.com, its a great site.

Noodle Arm
11-13-2004, 02:21 PM
The top story is hilarious. So are the Allen Iverson and Sprewell stories.

Noland
11-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Jay Leno said that the players were mad at Wanny because he quit and did'nt take the players with him. :lol:

unifiedtheory
11-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Jay Leno said that the players were mad at Wanny because he quit and did'nt take the players with him. :lol:
Jay Leno can kiss my a$$:fire:

Nublar7
11-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Jay Leno can kiss my a$$:fire:I hate Jay Leno also and refuse to watch him, Conan is way better! Though, do you remember a few years ago when the Lions were the butt of every Jay Leno joke, and after they won their first game the one player said to the camera: "Jay Leno can kiss my a$$!"? lol, thats was so great, and then Leno of course had to have that guy come on the show.

Predaphin
11-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Jay Leno can kiss my a$$:fire:

or Johnny Mortons for that matter.

Noland
11-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Jay Leno is funny it is his job to make fun of things in sports he made fun of the Lakers all season last year and he is in California. I did'nt get mad about him talking about the dolphins for all I know he could be a fins fan.

spydertl79
11-13-2004, 03:44 PM
I hate Jay Leno also and refuse to watch him, Conan is way better! Though, do you remember a few years ago when the Lions were the butt of every Jay Leno joke, and after they won their first game the one player said to the camera: "Jay Leno can kiss my a$$!"? lol, thats was so great, and then Leno of course had to have that guy come on the show.
Leno is funnier than Conan in my opinion. I think Conan relies on stupid humor too much and I was disappointed when he was named as Jay's successor, I was hoping for Jon Stewart.

Psycho_Sid
11-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Conan O'Brien relies on stupid jokes? No, that would be Jay Leno. The man has 1 funny joke per monologue. I question the intelligence/age of anyone who finds him funny.

VanDolPhan
11-13-2004, 07:02 PM
You do realize that both of them have a staff of writers. It takes a whole team of writers to fail at comedy like both of them do.

Finsfan13
11-13-2004, 07:37 PM
You do realize that both of them have a staff of writers. It takes a whole team of writers to fail at comedy like both of them do.
Takes our entire team to fail to win....

that's one good thing about Sunday...

We are guaranteed NOT TO LOSE.

Noodle Arm
11-13-2004, 08:10 PM
How did this thread turn into a Leno vs. Conan debate?

FIN-IN-RI
11-13-2004, 08:14 PM
I think Conan does a little more than just read a script. Conon uses a lot more originality than Jay does, and IMO, makes Conan more fun to watch.

edit: sorry noodle arm :D

Funny Story, 17-0 :D

Muck
11-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Conan is hilarious. And my skin is thick enough to laugh when Jay jokes on us.

If you have a stick up you ***, you won't like Conan.

:jk: