PDA

View Full Version : Heat to sign Shandan Anderson

TerryTate
11-13-2004, 07:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1922142

FYI I believe that Willie Anderson is his brother. Who remembers Willie playing for the heat a couple years ago? :lol:

Fresh
11-13-2004, 08:04 PM
I expected us to make a move on Anderson or Eddie Robinson, and E-Rob signed with the Knicks and failed his physical. Because Robinson will be out for 6 weeks to 3 months(according to his agent), this is a good signing. We needed to add another guy in there to backup 'Sual & EJ. All this move does is send Wang to the injured list or knock him off the team(it'll be he or Beasley).

Anderson should provide nice depth and he's a good defender, which is obviously an area Rasual Butler has trouble in.

Miami's biggest knock as a team right now is perimeter defense. This is something that Anderson is very good at. Now, if Zo gets his buyout, this team can REALLY make a run.

This would be an ideal team:

PG- Wade, Jones, Dooling
SG- Jones, Person
SF- Butler, Anderson
PF- Haslem, Doleac, Allen
Cc- O'Neal, Mourning

Injured List: Wright, Wang, Laettner

Fresh
11-13-2004, 08:08 PM
FYI, Anderson averaged 12.6ppg in games he played 24+ minutes in last year. And that was 42 games...

Bodzilla29
11-13-2004, 08:28 PM
I think it is a good move, if the old Anderson shows up. This could help the dreadful depth situation in Miami. I think he might even push Butler for a spot at SF. Butler is a very decent player, but out of his depth starting at this point in his NBA career.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-14-2004, 09:57 PM
As a Knicks fan all I can say is.................Anderson sucks!!

Fresh
11-14-2004, 10:21 PM
As a Knicks fan all I can say is.................Anderson sucks!!

No, Anderson sucks on a team that sucks. The Knicks asked Anderson to do something that he can not. In Miami, he won't have as big of a role.

On a team like Miami, he is a good acquisition. Anderson played today, after being signed today. He had 2 or 4 points in limited minutes, but his perimeter defense was noticed. See, people just don't understand. When you lose Rafer Alston, Caron Butler, and Lamar Odom...you suffer HUGE losses on the perimeter. Caron Butler was/is developing into one of the better defenders in the game. All three of those guys were terrific perimeter defenders, which added up with the fact that the Heat rarely lost games last year by huge shots.

Anderson is a perimeter defender, and that's what we need.

Bodzilla29
11-15-2004, 12:31 PM
See, people just don't understand. When you lose Rafer Alston, Caron Butler, and Lamar Odom...you suffer HUGE losses on the perimeter. Caron Butler was/is developing into one of the better defenders in the game. All three of those guys were terrific perimeter defenders, which added up with the fact that the Heat rarely lost games last year by huge shots.

It is easy to understand, there is a reason teams are scoring for fun against Miami, you said it, you can't stop people from getting into the lane. Dribble drive penetration is killing you, and Anderson should help you out in that area.

Casual Rasual cannot defend. Damon Jones cannot defend. Edie Jones isn't the defender he once was and as good as Wade is(and he is only going to get better) he isn't a lock down defender, yet. Haslem has trouble stopping talented big men and gets overwhelmed. As muh as he tries, he is just better suited coming off the bench playing fewer minutes.

Prime Time
11-16-2004, 01:19 AM
What is up with Zo? Is he coming or what?!

FinsNYanksFan13
11-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Zo is a ho. When he's a desperate old man with a kidney problem looking for a job he had no problem taking the Nets money. What happens after he signs? The kidney acts up and he's out. New Jersey STILL HAD TO PAY HIM THE MONEY AND WERE MORE THEN WILLING TO PAY HIM AND THIS IS HOW HE REPAYS THEM. Some example he sets for the younger players on the Nets (Kidd too). If he had half the integrity Richard Jefferson has, I might give him some respect!

Bling
11-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Zo is a ho. When he's a desperate old man with a kidney problem looking for a job he had no problem taking the Nets money. What happens after he signs? The kidney acts up and he's out. New Jersey STILL HAD TO PAY HIM THE MONEY AND WERE MORE THEN WILLING TO PAY HIM AND THIS IS HOW HE REPAYS THEM. Some example he sets for the younger players on the Nets (Kidd too). If he had half the integrity Richard Jefferson has, I might give him some respect!

Zo wants a Ring...something the Nets won't be able to offer....

Fresh
11-16-2004, 11:53 PM

Richard Jefferson?? Do you think before you type?? Jefferson is a healthy, 24-year old player who has a LONG way to go in this league. Zo is 33-years old with huge health problems, and only has one or two years --if even that-- left in his tank. R.J. is the type of guy you can put on a team that's built for the future. Alonzo Mourning is not, and he has a right to speak up.

Zo is a guy who played great ball for years and is one of the most respected players in the league. The things he does for the community AND the league are priceless. Zo deserves a ring, and he did Miami no dirty by leaving for a ring last year. In fact, he helped us. After having the 4th worse record in the NBA, what would you prefer...Keep an aging Zo around or use the money on a young, rising player like Lamar Odom? Exactly.

Zo wants a ring and the Nets have done everything possible this offseason to make sure he DOESN'T get one. If the man wants to be released so he could put his last effort into a winning team, so be it. And that's not just because he wants to play for Miami, but that's also if he winds up in San Antonio, Minnesota, Utah, or somewhere else.

No disrespect, but come on man...try using your brain or doing a bit of research before saying something stupid like that.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Zo wants a ring, that's fine. Does that mean HE SHOULDN'T HONOR HIS CONTRACT TO GET IT. The Nets took a chance on him and look what he does. Zo is nothing and I hope the Nets do the right thing and keep his crippled old *** in Jersey. He is a joke, his attitude is a joke, and so is Jason Kidd's. They have no problem cashing their checks but as soon as sh*t hits the fan, they want out. Zo is an old fart who will get beat up in the West. he should be thanking his lucky stars he's in the East. He has a better chance of making the finals in the East then he does in the West. Let's face it, when Kidd gets back the Nets have as good a chance to win their division and take a top 3 seed in the East as any team in that division. Who's going to beat them, the Knicks? the Celtics? the sixers? or how about Toronto? Hardly what I call scary teams. If Zo was smart, he'd realize his best chance to make a run at the finals is right where he stands. If Zo has the skills he used to possess, he and the Nets would be taken seriously. Maybe Zo should play a whole season before he starts demanding anything!

As far as Richard Jefferson is concerend stupid, I never mentioned him complaining or wanting out, all I said was that Zo needs to have some of his integrity.

So do me a favor X-Con, keep the stupid comment to yourself. That's all I'll say on that!

Bodzilla29
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Zo gets no sympathy at all. He is out for money NOT a ring.

"I'm not leaving $11m on the table..." does that sound like a guy desperate to get out and earn a ring?

He has done a lot of good in this league and is respected, but don't fool yourselves, he wants to get paid above getting the ring. I am not knocking the guy, I wouldn't leave $11m on the table either. They offerd $6m and he turned it down, and we are supposed to believe this ring BS? Not me.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Bodzilla.....a man with integrity!