PDA

View Full Version : Should Steroids be Legalized in Sports?

RunRickyRun34
11-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Huge Debate: Should Steroids be Legalized in Sports?

Yes or No and why...

Muck
11-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Huge deate??

You mean somebody's advocating it??

iceblizzard69
11-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Yeah, tons of people want steroids legalized in sports. :rolleyes2

Barry Bonds may want it, but I know I don't.

Steveo 90
11-15-2004, 10:56 PM
No..................
Sends A bad message to NCAA and high school kids if legalized

Muck
11-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Prolonged use destroys your liver and shrinks your testicles, among other things. It will destroy your immune system. It alters you chemically. We all know the term 'roid rage'.

Just do a Google search on Lyle Alzado. Dude took them his entire career. Died a painful death (brain cancer).

"I started taking anabolic steroids in 1969 and never stopped," Alzado admitted during his pain-racked final days. "It was addicting, mentally addicting. Now I'm sick, and I'm scared. Ninety per cent of the athletes I know are on the stuff. We're not born to be 300lbs or jump 30ft. But all the time I was taking steroids, I knew they were making me play better. I became very violent on the field and off it. I did things only crazy people do. Once a guy sideswiped my car and I beat the hell out of him. Now look at me. My hair's gone, I wobble when I walk and have to hold on to someone for support, and I have trouble remembering things. My last wish? That no one else ever dies this way."

People who advocate this are already brain dead. I cannot fathom a proper argument that can be given by an athlete.

Another good link.....

http://www.globalchange.com/steroids.htm

PHINATIC13
11-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Lyle Alzado( not sure on spelling) but you guys know him, He might have been one of the few Raiders I liked and look what steroids did to him. I can't believe this is debatable. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on steroids. Play clean,play fair.No chemicals added.JMO

Scrap
11-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Prolonged use destroys your liver and shrinks your testicles, among other things. It will destroy your immune system. It alters you chemically. We all know the term 'roid rage'.

Just do a Google search on Lyle Alzado. Dude took them his entire career. Died a painful death (brain cancer).

People who advocate this are already brain dead. I cannot fathom a proper argument that can be given by an athlete.

Another good link.....

http://www.globalchange.com/steroids.htm
Cigarettes also cause cancer, and other problems. Alcohol causes a lot of problems too. I don't use steroids, and I'm not advocating the use of them, but in my opinion, the hate for steroids is overhyped when you look at all the other things we do that hurt us.

finregime
11-16-2004, 11:57 AM
I dont believe in roids but I do feel that banning Ephedrine and nortesten and a few other over the counter things is rediculous.

Scrap
11-16-2004, 12:27 PM
I dont believe in roids but I do feel that banning Ephedrine and nortesten and a few other over the counter things is rediculous.Fat people ruined ephidrine by practically O.D.ing on the stuff.

I don't blame anyone who does roids. It just pisses me off when someone who does them tries to tell me about working out like they know more than the rest of us.

RunRickyRun34
11-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Very true guys

Muck
11-16-2004, 11:45 PM
Cigarettes also cause cancer, and other problems. Alcohol causes a lot of problems too. I don't use steroids, and I'm not advocating the use of them, but in my opinion, the hate for steroids is overhyped when you look at all the other things we do that hurt us.

I don't think it's overhyped. When you're talking sports, it's basically taboo. Not only do they hurt you, but as an athlete, you're cheating.