PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion

Scrap
11-16-2004, 10:35 AM
There is a complete lack of respect at my job. It's been quite obvious for some time now, but I've tried my best to ignore it. My brother is one of my bosses, but he's not the problem. He recently irritated the project manager, and I overheard the project manager saying he would take it out on me by not offering me a promotion when it comes available. I've been here 10 years now, always done what is asked of me (and then some), I never miss any time, and have only had two vacations in the ten years I've been here.

Anyway, I'm at my breaking point. I don't feel like I can respect myself if I stay at this job. It will be hard to find a job making the money I make right now, and I have a fiance in school, and a daughter as well. At what point do you just start looking for another job, even if it will be hard to pay the bills?

Mindwarp
11-16-2004, 10:40 AM
HR buddy... HR is your firend..

goto HR let him know what you herd and how you have been treated..

Scrap
11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately, the guy who said it is the top dog. He's in charge of everyone.

There's a lot more to the whole lack of respect issue. I just don't want to get carpel tunnel trying to type it all.

Philter25
11-16-2004, 11:48 AM
HR buddy... HR is your firend..

goto HR let him know what you herd and how you have been treated..
I agree but if he is the top dog, HR really cant help you then.

Well the day you wake up for work and you loathe going I feel is the day you should start looking for a new job. I see you are from Hopewell, is that close to DC? If it is, im sure you would not have trouble finding a job close in your area depending on what you do. The job market is starting to get better than it was a year or 2 ago I believe. It also depends on how much you can put up with and if you think the guy is serious. Is he the president of your company or just the project manager? I dont know the infrastructure of your job so I would base my reccomendation on that.

Financially, Im a firm believer that I rather be happy than rich. I live in Arlington and work for the government, I make a nice sum, but I would be making a lot more if I worked in the private sector but I love what I do and I wake up every morning and enjoy my job. Since your from VA, you know the cost of living around DC is ridiculous but I dont mind it at all because I like what I do M-F.

finregime
11-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Yo Scrap where you at from your fellow Hopewellian?

No,Hopewell is 2 1/2 hours from DC

Scrap
11-16-2004, 12:20 PM
23rd street Close to the high school, right off Danville. If you see a Jeep Cherokee driving around with "Dolphin 99" plates, that's me.

Didn't you say you lived near Atwater Park?

BigFinFan
11-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Did anyone else hear this statment? If so, talk to the other person that heard this statement and then seek legal advise.

finregime
11-16-2004, 12:32 PM
I live in Atwater park off of cameron.Do you work in the WELL?

Scrap
11-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Yeah. I work for a contractor at Honeywell.

inFINSible
11-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Start stocking-up on ammo.

finregime
11-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah. I work for a contractor at Honeywell.

Where is honeywell located now cause my wife used to be a admin asst over there before they closed in hopewell.

Scrap
11-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Where is honeywell located now cause my wife used to be a admin asst over there before they closed in hopewell.???? Honeywell is open in Hopewell. It's the big plant on route 10. ;)

Scrap
11-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Start stocking-up on ammo.I didn't say I was a postal worker.

finregime
11-16-2004, 01:34 PM
There was a plant right by cavalier square at one point.That is the one im thinking of.

Scrap
11-16-2004, 01:39 PM
There was a plant right by cavalier square at one point.That is the one im thinking of.I know where you're talking about.

Scrap
11-16-2004, 04:02 PM
What a difference a short amount of time can make. Rumor is that Scrap may be getting a small promotion. This is coming from one of my bosses. Stay tuned.

Philter25
11-16-2004, 04:21 PM
What a difference a short amount of time can make. Rumor is that Scrap may be getting a small promotion. This is coming from one of my bosses. Stay tuned.:roflmao:

How can a guy who spends the days talkin on finheaven get a promotion? ****, im waiting for the day the IT people tell on me and I get fired........

Scrap
11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
:roflmao:

How can a guy who spends the days talkin on finheaven get a promotion? ****, im waiting for the day the IT people tell on me and I get fired........
You deserve a promotion too. :lol: Unfortunately, this move will keep me off the web during the days. :cry: