PDA

View Full Version : fantasy help!

Phinfan31
11-17-2004, 02:01 AM
I would like to know what you guys think of this:
I have Terrell Owens, the guy is a freak, had 3 TDs last week. He has 800something yards and 12 TDs. A guy wants to trade me Torry Holy and Domanick Davis for TO. In a league where 15yards reception/run = 1pt and TDs = 6 is that a good trade for me? I need an RB desperately and I pickup a good WR too. This would be my lineup if i made the trade.

Brooks - QB, Moss - WR, Horn - WR, Holt - WR, Davis - RB, George - RB, Wiggins /Mcmike - TE, Stover - K, MIA,DEN,TENN - DEF

Take out Holt and Davis and put in TO an thats my current lineup. Is it better for me to make this trade???

Ferretsquig
11-17-2004, 02:09 AM
You are already doomed if George is your best back. Serves you right for drafting WR's with your first picks. Might as well keep TO....Davis is inconsistant and injury prone this year. Pick up Blaylock, Lee, Bettis....you can usually get a backup that is producing. TO is gold now....no reason to dump him.

Phinfan31
11-17-2004, 02:12 AM
I already have blaylock, and I scored 136 points last week jackass, a season high for our entire league, you dont know how our point system works, and I was gone the first 2 rounds, I wasnt even there for them. I am fortunate I got Moss/TO in the 1st 2 rounds and if Moss wouldnt have been injured then I would be absolutely dominating my league. In our league the points are exactly the same for RBs/WRs so there really isnt any diff. TO and Moss both have more points than almost all RBs in the NFL. Blaylock will only be playing 1 more game probably and Holmes will be back. Bettis is not sitting in FA are you nuts? The guy gets alot of TDs and lately is getting alot of yards.

Ferretsquig
11-17-2004, 02:24 AM
Well you asked the question and I answered. The only consistant player on your team is TO...unless you consider the meager points put up by McMike and George. If you want to trade TO for an average RB and a good WR go ahead. I see that your already some sort of genius at this so I fail to see why you needed others advise in the first place.

NY_FinFan_72
11-17-2004, 02:27 AM
In your League Davis is worth about 94 points so far and Holt is worth about 72 points so far, while Owens has put up about 131 points. So, those TWO players combined have only put up 35 more points than TO by himself. So there's that.

Next, consider that Davis is on a team who is rarely in the lead or close to getting the lead... thus, he gets underutilized because they need to throw more and run less to catch up... and yes, he's injury prone. As for Holt, he left his last game with a concussion and might not even play this week vs. Buffalo. The Rams have multiple WR threats, so the ball gets spread around more... and they have Faulk who steals catches and gets a lot of touches. The Eagles have one true WR threat... TO.

Don't let this guy pull a fast one. Stick with TO. Mark my words, TO will be worth as many, if not more points for the rest of the season than these two clowns.

PS: I have TO as well, and get trade offers all the time. I tell 'em all to bite me.

Phinfan31
11-17-2004, 02:32 AM
thank you nyfinfan, well would about Moss for davis/holt? If i could work that out Moss is still out for 1 more game. Im not sure he will be back to entire full speed when he does return also. When he was playing he had 3 2TD weeks though, hes definately culpeppers main target...I dont know if I dont go with this trade then I will be looking at tryin to get Brees. I could really use him...with my WRs and him combined I would do really well, I dont buy into all the hype though, hes been average until these past 2 weeks where hes had 9 TDs in the 2 weeks...that would make my team 10 times better. I just have to figure out what I should trade this guy for him, he has Brett Favre and is using BRees as a backup, I offered Horn for Brees an he wouldnt do it because he already has 3 good WRs, and he has good RBs(not like I have one to give him though) he has Pollard as TE too.

MikeO
11-17-2004, 02:49 AM
your best off keeping TO and picking up a scrub RB like a Sammy Morris or something and just hoping for the best.

FinFan Brazil
11-17-2004, 04:35 AM
thank you nyfinfan, well would about Moss for davis/holt? If i could work that out Moss is still out for 1 more game. Im not sure he will be back to entire full speed when he does return also. When he was playing he had 3 2TD weeks though, hes definately culpeppers main target...I dont know if I dont go with this trade then I will be looking at tryin to get Brees. I could really use him...with my WRs and him combined I would do really well, I dont buy into all the hype though, hes been average until these past 2 weeks where hes had 9 TDs in the 2 weeks...that would make my team 10 times better. I just have to figure out what I should trade this guy for him, he has Brett Favre and is using BRees as a backup, I offered Horn for Brees an he wouldnt do it because he already has 3 good WRs, and he has good RBs(not like I have one to give him though) he has Pollard as TE too.

Moss is the man, don´t trade him. He is a natural "full speed", and when his back (week 12) he is the "man to go"... and your league probaly stay a post season at this time.

Phinfan31
11-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Im not making that trade, I cant afford to let go of Terrell Owens. I desperately need a QB and the guy who has Brees has Favre, so he only uses him as a backup. Brees matchups in the final 3 weeks (playoffs) are AWESOME browns,colts,chiefs. he will TEAR it up. I need Brees, but RB also. So do you guys think Moss/Blaylock/Brooks for Brees/C. Brown would work? This guy has Holmes so he wouldnt mind having blaylock as insurance and blaylock is playing this week.