PDA

View Full Version : League Insider

finregime
11-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Does anybody have Insider on ESPN cause Mel Kiper just released his big board and I would love to know who he sees as the top talent since the College game is winding down.

Stitches
11-18-2004, 05:06 PM
Mike Williams is on top.

Stitches
11-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Theer are zero QB's in the top 25 though, so I hope Feeley pans out.

NealKerouac21
11-18-2004, 05:09 PM
1. Charlie Frye
2. Jason Campbell
3. Dan Orlovsky
4. Kyle Orton
5. Andrew Walter

No Leinart or Rodgers.

DolfanDaveInATX
11-18-2004, 05:21 PM
1. Charlie Frye
2. Jason Campbell
3. Dan Orlovsky
4. Kyle Orton
5. Andrew Walter

No Leinart or Rodgers.

Matt Leinart and Aaron Rodgers are juniors. Once/if they declare for the draft, they should shoot toward the top of that list.

Oboy
11-18-2004, 05:31 PM
In Kiper's top five he has Williams and like 3 rb (both from Auburn and Benson from UT) and I think some DE from Oklahoma.

Hopefully someone falls in love with one of those guys so we can trade down.

finjim
11-18-2004, 05:34 PM
We should take Williams, draft a QB later. Williams will be a superstar for years to come.

Address the line in FA.

Oboy
11-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Address the line in FA.
Great idea, but tell me how are we going to afford a good LT in FA? They get paid too much.

Also, No team will let a good C leave via FA. They are too critical to ones success. We will have to draft them. Luckily C's ususally don't go in the First round. However, good LT's are usually in the top 10.

BlueFin
11-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Theer are zero QB's in the top 25 though, so I hope Feeley pans out.
Keep in mind the juniors who have not declared yet will not be included in his board yet.

BlueFin
11-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Great idea, but tell me how are we going to afford a good LT in FA? They get paid too much.

Also, No team will let a good C leave via FA. They are too critical to ones success. We will have to draft them. Luckily C's ususally don't go in the First round. However, good LT's are usually in the top 10.
Alex Baron is 11th on his list, but he is a weak run blocker....no thanks.

Jamal Brown is 18th, he is probably better all around.

Eshlemon
11-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Alex Baron is 11th on his list, but he is a weak run blocker....no thanks.

Jamal Brown is 18th, he is probably better all around.

Run blocking a nice bonus but take the best pass protector for LT.

PhinsTD
11-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Not to nitpick, but Brown is rated as the best pass blocker in the entire draft.

Of course he's a RT prospect only.

DonShula84
11-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Drafting Williams would be a HUGE mistake. We are extremely deap at WR spending all that money on another WR seems pointless and a waste of a pick to me.

unifiedtheory
11-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Drafting Williams would be a HUGE mistake. We are extremely deap at WR spending all that money on another WR seems pointless and a waste of a pick to me.
Agreed....that would be almost as rediculous as taking a corner in the first round when Pat and Sam are entering their prime....(wait...Wanny did that...)

MDolphins2003
11-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Drafting Williams would NOT be a HUGE MISTAKE. YES the PHINS have GOOD DEPTH at WR....But Williams is going to be a STUD WR in the NFL. People loved having OGUN & JT....Having C.C. & Williams would be another GREAT TANDEM coming out of MIAMI.

Trade Booker & Ricky for Picks this YEAR and NEXT YEAR. That would allow Miami to take a QB along with Mike Williams.

He is going to be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL. I hate that Miami did not Trade up for Andre Johnson, Charles Rogers, Roy Williams or Larry Fitzgerlad. I think Mike Williams will be BETTER than ALL OF THEM....Get ready to laugh...I think Mike Williams is going to be better than C.C.......Laugh now but you are going to be crying later if the Phins do not take him and a DIVISION TEAM trades up for HIM!

Halfpint
11-19-2004, 08:57 AM
WR's are a dime a dozen right now, fix the line and establish the pass protection to get them the ball first!