PDA

View Full Version : Holyfield

FinsNYanksFan13
11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
This bum still thinks he can fight after losing to Larry Donald on Saturday night. He's a joke and it's time to hang up his gloves.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone saw the Don King heavyweight card this past Saturday (I did). I think of all the heavyweights out there Rahman looks the best. I thought he clearly beat David Tua and Ruiz (2 fights he was robbed in) and he pounded out the guy who beat Lamon Brewster by 1 point (Brewster knocked out Vladimir Klitcschko). It's not saying much that he did this but out of everyone in the heavyweight division, I think Rahman is the best. With that being said it just goes to show how weak the division is. I had Golota beating Ruiz this past and and had Golota beating Chris Byrd when they fought. Man the heavyweight division stinks!!

At least we got Mosley and Wright this weekend. Predictions?

I got Wright winning a unanimous decision. Mosley hasn't won a fight (IMO) in a long time. I think he's washed up!

LIQUID24
11-18-2004, 07:27 PM
First off, Holy shoulda retired after he got KTFO'd by James Toney. But the man is stubborn and he's going to do to what he wants unless they take away his boxing license. Hopefully he'll come to his senses and just hang 'em up..

Vitali Klitschko and James Toney are the only 2 good fighters in the heavyweight division, but unfortunately, Toney has been injury prone lately. He's supposed to be back in February though. The rest of the division is a joke. Rahman looks to be back on track, but I still don't have much confidence in him.

I would love for Toney to get a shot at one of the Don King's paper champs (Byrd, Ruiz, or Brewster). He would destroy any of them, but I don't think he'll be allowed to fight them. Don King wants to keep his belts (WBA, IBF, WBO). Now Klitschko vs Toney would be intriguing, but unfortunately, I don't see that match-up happening either. The division is in really horrible shape.

As for the Wright-Mosley fight, I think Winky will win again. It might be a little closer this time. Mosley isn't training with his father anymore, so he might have some new tricks. I doubt it though, I still like Winky by UD.

tehMick
11-18-2004, 11:25 PM
:monkeyr:boxing
:chuckle:
:couch:

Martel
11-19-2004, 12:32 AM
That whole display Saturday night was pretty awful. Real Deal needs to hang it up but he's no bum. I feel bad for him. Golota clearly beat Ruiz, just like he clearly beat Byrd IMO. That dude can not catch a break. As for the other fights, I though McCline ran out of gas a bit and that the split decision was fair. I can't tell with the Rock. He looked good, but Meehan sort of looked like a chump. Pretty sorry display overall. But what could you expect?

As for Winky/Shane 2, I don't even know why they're having this fight. Winky owned him the first time and he should do the same again. I hope he knocks Shane out, but Winky isn't that kind of a fighter so that prolly won't happen. Shane IS washed up. The last DeLaHoya decision was weak!

Yanks/Liq: what do y'all think of Tarver/Johnson? Who do you guys want to see Kostya fight? Hopefully, Mayweather!!

Muck
11-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Holyfield was suspended indefinitely after the Donald fight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=1925271

He's 2-5-2 in his last 9 fights. Please retire!!

LIQUID24
11-19-2004, 11:39 AM
I think Tarver should take care of business and win by late KO or UD.

I agree, I would love to see Tszyu-Mayweather(not sure who would win) or even Tszyu-Gatti (Tszyu would win). Gatti-Mayweather would be a great fight also (Mayweather wins that one).

Martel
11-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Holyfield was suspended indefinitely after the Donald fight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=1925271

He's 2-5-2 in his last 9 fights. Please retire!!

Thats only in NY though.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-19-2004, 10:27 PM
I forgot about James Toney. He will defintely be a force in the Heavyweight division. I'd like to see him and Rahman because as I said before, Rahman, out of all the paper heavyweights out there, has impressed me the most!