PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Victoria Euges - Check Delivered to Tony

xiidaen
11-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Mods, please sticky this thread. Note, I did not originate this idea, but I feel it's important enough to pass on... I know not everyone can participate in this, but if you can I urge you to do so.

This is a worthy cause:

For the next 24 hours, many*Dolphin fan*sites, are*raising money to help pay for some of the out-of-pocket*expenses for the surgery of Victoria Euges'.* She is the daughter of Dolphins Equipment Manager Tony Euges, who is a 10 year member of the Dolphins staff.* This idea was not solicited by Tony or any member of his family.* The webmasters of the fan sites just felt compelled to do something to help out after reading this qrticle: *

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/11/14/a6b_schad_1114.html *

No dollar amount is too small to contribute!*However, for every $10 you contribute, your name will be put into a drawing for a very nice custom made his&her gift basket that will includes some Dolphins goodies.*

C'mon dolfans, let's show our support for an important member of the Dolphins family!

* All donations* should be sent via PAYPAL.COM to Dolfansites@aol.com*.

You do not need to have a Paypal account to send a donation.

- Simply go to www.paypal.com
- Click on the Send Money tab atop the page.
- Enter Dolfansites@aol.com as the receipient of your payment.
- The rest is easy enough.

The check will be given to Tony at the team hotel in Seattle on Saturday or Sunday!

NaboCane
11-18-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm going to ask that you forgive me for being cynical, but dolphansites is not an entity I'm familiar with.

Can we get some more detail on who collects the money, who is responsible for it, etc?

I'm happy to contribute, but I want to be careful; again, forgive me if I'm a bit hardened by experience.

xiidaen
11-18-2004, 07:33 PM
I don't have any other information but I'll try to obtain it, I received this originally from Curt (of Phins.com) which I consider a reliable source. If I get anything else I'll let you know.

FinHeavenAJ
11-18-2004, 09:03 PM
I was just about to post this information...

I and a few other Dolphin fan sites, such as FinHeaven & Co, are sponsoring a fundraiser for Tony. We agreed that this is something we all should be involved with to help out another fan in need.

Thanks for posting this xiidean...

xiidaen
11-18-2004, 09:11 PM
No problem, i was just about to post more info...

For those that were wondering, the WM of Phinatics.com is 'doing the legwork' on this...

fin-atic
11-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Okay, I am willing. But how do we contribute?

Iamlegend
11-18-2004, 11:09 PM
i dont have a paypal account or i would give 10 bucks. i just searched google image search for "hemangioma" and those images alone make me want to contribute to this poor guy.

how can i contribute without a paypal account?

NaboCane
11-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Okay, I am willing. But how do we contribute?

Simple, I just did it.

Go to paypal.com; if you don't already have an account with them, it's easy to set up, and well worth it - more places are accepting it for payments, and it's free to you. (end of commercial ;) )

With your account, click "send money"...type in the email Dolfansites@aol.com (Dolfansites@aol.com) and the amount you want to contribute...the address will come up as a premium member, and just click yes to send. That's it.

11-19-2004, 12:43 AM
I hope the millionaires on the team are helping this guy out.

DA DICK
11-19-2004, 12:48 AM
I hope the millionaires on the team are helping this guy out.
Agreed, I hope they do, if not they are some selfish bastards.

Clumpy
11-19-2004, 12:52 AM
AJ: Can you put $10 in for me? I'll send you a check over the weekend :)

igor79
11-19-2004, 03:27 AM
i sent my 20 in an hour ago...

njfinfan
11-19-2004, 06:29 AM
What a worthy cause. Having done medical coding work for many years, I am very famliar with the devastation hemangiomas can cause, but depending on their extent, they can be very easily removed. I'm sending $10 for everyone in my family. I don't care about the gift basket.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Mike.

njfinfan
11-19-2004, 06:37 AM
One additional thought after reading the PBP article.

People - in this time of holiday and family and togetherness, though we are all diehard dolphin fans and bleed pretty much aqua and orange, 1 and 8 does seem quite "insignificant" for lack of a better word. Let's show all the other fan sites what a true dol"fan" family we are and try to contribute whatever we can.

And to put this in perspective - this baby didn't ask for this to happen to her. I saw a news article last night where a little 7 month old kept appearing at the emergency room, whenever he was in the care of his father. First, a broken arm, then a broken leg and finally a skull fracture, before the staff of the hospital put two and two together and called the cops. The doctor was actually crying and brought me to tears as well. These babies are our future. Okay - enough with the sentiment. Thanks for letting me vent.

nj

fin-atic
11-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Great!
I just sent $20 from Me, Mrs. Fin, and little Fin.

Thank you for rallying the cause.

Muck
11-19-2004, 10:44 AM
i dont have a paypal account or i would give 10 bucks. i just searched google image search for "hemangioma" and those images alone make me want to contribute to this poor guy.

how can i contribute without a paypal account?

Yes you can. You do not need to have a Paypal account.

- Click on Send Money tab atop the page.
- The rest is easy enough. :)

Muck
11-19-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm going to ask that you forgive me for being cynical, but dolphansites is not an entity I'm familiar with.

Can we get some more detail on who collects the money, who is responsible for it, etc?

I'm happy to contribute, but I want to be careful; again, forgive me if I'm a bit hardened by experience.

Doug Ford of Phinatics.com will be presenting the check. All-around good guy.

phinatic2004
11-19-2004, 11:37 AM
I'd like to thank all who have contributed and know that this will definately lift up the family knowing that they're thought of and appreciated. Having children of my own, I can only imagine how this will make him and his family feel. I'm grateful to Doug for allowing myself who will be at the team hotel this weekend to present him with this check. Thank you again to all who contributed!!

Chris Russell
Phinatics website Moderator

P.S. - There is plenty of time to contribute if you'd like.

MNFINFAN
11-19-2004, 02:08 PM
I dropped my bit in too, can't afford more unfortunatley right now, but hopefully every little bit helps.

AtlantaPhin
11-19-2004, 03:07 PM
it took me all of 3 minutes to do this. very simple

DolFan899
11-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Just sent in my $10 :)

Proshopgirl
11-19-2004, 03:16 PM
I sent my money, for anyone who has ever met him and his wife. They are great people and private people, so I know this was not by his request. I hope he is truely surprised by the loyalty of the Dolphin Community.
Thank you for the attention and opportunity to help!

Muck
11-19-2004, 03:46 PM
It is indeed very simple to do. Every little bit helps and it adds up quick!!

Fin Fan in Cali
11-19-2004, 04:29 PM
I did what I could. I hope all goes well for the family. We have to stick by our Dolphin Family!

ScottishFin
11-19-2004, 06:09 PM
sent :)

hope things go well for the family

my thoughts and prayers are with them at this time

DolfanLourdes
11-19-2004, 09:18 PM
I was just about to post this information...

I and a few other Dolphin fan sites, such as FinHeaven & Co, are sponsoring a fundraiser for Tony. We agreed that this is something we all should be involved with to help out another fan in need.

Thanks for posting this xiidean...

I just donated and wanted to make sure it will be used. I know it is past the 24 hour deadline by an hour but I hope it will be counted. Good luck to the family. I have 2 children so I can only imagine what the family is going through. Good Luck!!!

Lourdes & James Shaver

Phantom
11-19-2004, 11:07 PM
I sent $20, i hope everything works..........

Fin Fan in Cali
11-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Thats the spirit to look out for our fellow Dolphin family! To all of those of you who contributed to the cause, Great Job! :)

fins4o8
11-20-2004, 01:09 AM
i just donated. hopefully its not too late. my prayers with Victoria & her family.

Clumpy
11-20-2004, 03:08 AM
Yes you can. You do not need to have a Paypal account.

- Click on Send Money tab atop the page.
- The rest is easy enough. :)

I will do this in the morning when I get home from work

DolfanLourdes
11-21-2004, 02:20 AM
Thats the spirit to look out for our fellow Dolphin family! To all of those of you who contributed to the cause, Great Job! :)
thanks for acknowledging us- hope u could contrbute to the cause too!!!!!!! What a help to a fellow DOLFAN!!!!

DolfanLourdes
11-21-2004, 02:25 AM
What did the donations total for the Euges family???

Thanks,

Lourdes

jbond
11-21-2004, 02:40 AM
I just donated and wanted to make sure it will be used. I know it is past the 24 hour deadline by an hour but I hope it will be counted. Good luck to the family. I have 2 children so I can only imagine what the family is going through. Good Luck!!!

Lourdes & James Shaver

yeah....what she said...... :)

you're not answering your phone...? Work's a bit boring.

James

Muck
11-21-2004, 02:43 AM
What did the donations total for the Euges family???

Thanks,

Lourdes

We'll let you know as soon as we hear from Doug or Chris. :)

Thank you all for donating. Hopefully it'll make things a bit easier for that family.

igor79
11-21-2004, 05:12 AM
word on the street is tony wont take the money, or will give it to charity... i really hope thats not the case...

Muck
11-21-2004, 06:31 AM
I'm told we raised over $1,000 and that Tony graciously accepted!! :)

*_*ADMIRAL*_*
11-21-2004, 10:29 AM
woo hoo!..i just got on today....im so sorry i missed this guys...i would have sent in 10 dollars...for everyone that sent in money..you guys are awesome

Fin Fan in Cali
11-21-2004, 11:01 AM
thanks for acknowledging us- hope u could contrbute to the cause too!!!!!!! What a help to a fellow DOLFAN!!!!Yes I did. I hope that it helps out the family.

Mako
11-21-2004, 03:54 PM
That these guys still have something going so I can send some money? I'd rather send it privately anyhow..

KB21
11-22-2004, 08:00 PM
How did I miss this thread? I would have sent $50 had I caught this in time.

Please, some one let me know if I can contribute to this after the fact. E-mail me at either one of my e-mail addresses:

box1@pc.edu
kbox1@bellsouth.net

KenInBoca
11-26-2004, 02:17 PM
For those that werent able to send the money in time we are actually still accepting money for Victoria and Tony. We will continue to pass it on.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to the Euges family.