PDA

View Full Version : Antrelle Rolle

Dolphins044
11-18-2004, 11:55 PM
We should pick this kid up with our first pick. Most likely we, the 49ers, or Panthers will pick him up. We should get him if he is available. He has some fire in him and knowing that this year's draft class has no worthy franchise QB's, we should draft Rolle. Another reason for drafting him can be the departure of Pat Surtain

Dolfan4life
11-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Not a bad idea, but with W. Poole and Reggie Howard we could afford to lose Surtain and have those guys fiil in and go Offense in Rd. One.

Rolle will no doubt be an awesome weapon, but if this team goes Defense it needs to be at DT not CB.

finsfan4life
11-19-2004, 12:10 AM
If we pick a corner with our first pick I might break my t.v. If Antrel Rolle is available when we pick (because we still aren't guaranteed to get the first) I say trade it to someone who needs a corner.

Martel
xxxxBREAKING NEWSxxxx.......OUR OFFENSE IS AWFUL, OUR CORNERS ARE NOT!!!!!!!!

Nublar7
I like Rolle and would love to have him here, but the Corner Back position is not a weak spot for us. Even if we lose Surtain, we still have very capable backups. We will have to pass on a Cornerback this year, but maybe the 2006 we can draft a CB.

tehMick
11-19-2004, 12:12 AM
:ban:
No!
No! No! No! No! No!
No!
With our top 3 pick we need to either draft a QB, OT, or a RB.
Thats it!
Personally i think we should trade down to get more picks.
But we do NOT draft a defensive player.
I dont care if hes the second coming of L.T. we dont do it!
:fire:

Dolphins044
11-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Will Poole isn't proven therefore I think we should have someone like Rolle to step up.

LIQUID24
11-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Will Poole isn't proven therefore I think we should have someone like Rolle to step up.
And how is Rolle proven?!?!?

Dolphins044
11-19-2004, 12:13 AM
No!
No! No! No! No! No!
No!
Thats it!
QB in this year's draft class? ummm Nope

OT....free agency
RB.....free agency

that would work IMO.

Dolphins044
11-19-2004, 12:15 AM
And how is Rolle proven?!?!?Trust me......He already is. You should read this article about him I read in a magazine today.

feelthepain
11-19-2004, 12:15 AM
How bout that, a fin fan how thinks D is important! Way to go bro, I agree. I think our D is not what it was a year ago and most fans keep wanting to build nothing but O well we need balance and we have lost or will lose a lot in just one year.

1) T.Bo
2) A.Ogun
3)J.Seau
3)P.Surtain
4)M.Greenwood

As it stands we have taken some big hit's to this D and we will not be the same dominant team as years past if we don't make some additions to the D. People on here act like we have depth of infinity on D. I think key losses have shown in the lack of stoping the run and in a couple of games being burned deep. I don't want us to be the Indy colts or the Chiefs all O and a suck a** D. I think we can have balance if we make smart moves and if we are in the top three come draft day, unless someone makes us an offer we can't refuse we should draft the BPA and that could very well be
Antrelle Rolle.

Dolphins044
11-19-2004, 12:16 AM
How bout that, a fin fan how thinks D is important! Way to go bro, I agree. I think our D is not what it was a year ago and most fans keep wanting to build nothing but O well we need balance and we have lost or will lose a lot in just one year.

1) T.Bo
2) A.Ogun
3)J.Seau
3)P.Surtain
4)M.Greenwood

As it stands we have taken some big hit's to this D and we will not be the same dominant team as years past if we don't make some additions to the D. People on here act like we have depth of infinity on D. I think key losses have shown in the lack of stoping the run and in a couple of games being burned deep. I don't want us to be the Indy colts or the Chiefs all O and a suck a** D. I think we can have balance if we make smart moves and if we are in the top three come draft day, unless someone makes us an offer we can't refuse we should draft the BPA and that could very well be
Antrelle Rolle.Thank You. Our D is getting old and I believe we should be a balanced team. On the offensive side what we need now is a OT over anything else. Feeley can work behind a better O-Line and anyone we have such as Sammy Morris or Travis Minor can certainly be more productive behind a better O-Line. Everything build around a good offensive line and that is what we should concentrate this offseason. This can be fixed through free agency I believe. Giving us chance to draft Rolle.

LIQUID24
11-19-2004, 12:17 AM
Trust me......He already is. You should read this article about him I read in a magazine today.I don't care what an article says. We don't need another damn corner. He'll be a great player...for someone else. Hopefully someone will trade up with us to get him.

Dolphins044
11-19-2004, 12:19 AM
I don't care what an article says. We don't need another damn corner. He'll be a great player...for someone else. Hopefully someone will trade up with us to get him.No hopefully not. Then we will end up regretting it. If he is available we NEED to get him. How many good corners we have besides Sam Madison?

Will Poole?
Reggie Howard?

I dont think so.......Reggie Howard is maybe the only one. Thats about it.

djfresh47
11-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Rolle is gonna have alot of trouble adjusting to the NFL rules. He plays physical and he's gonna get flagged for alot of pass interference calls. Although the Dolphins I believe value a nickel CB more than a decent Qb or so it seems. Drafting him would a terrible move so if Rick is here I wouldn't doubt it.

tehMick
11-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Which is why i would trade down.
:nono:

No!
No! No! No! No! No!
No!
Thats it!

OT....free agency
RB.....free agency

that would work IMO.

finsfan4life
11-19-2004, 12:21 AM
:hmmm: draft a player at a position that we're already 4 deep at or, try to draft players that can block there way out of a paper bag, unlike our o-lineman now. We need o-line.

Dolphins044
11-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Rolle is gonna have alot of trouble adjusting to the NFL rules. Drafting him would a terrible move so if Rick is here I wouldn't doubt it.
OMG...Drafting him will not be a terrible move guy.

Dolphins044
11-19-2004, 12:25 AM
:hmmm: draft a player at a position that we're already 4 deep at or, try to draft players that can block there way out of a paper bag, unlike our o-lineman now. We need o-line.
And that is why we can sing one through FA and draft one after Rolle :cooldude:

tehMick
11-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Two words:
Jamar Fletcher

musphinzfan
11-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Does anyone watch him play as of late???....Go back and watch his last 5 games...He has played BAD...Hes not what we need we need to invest wisely....Trust me I am a Canes fan and there always on.

Dolphins044
11-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Two words:
Jamar Fletcher
Five Words:
That does not mean anything :roflmao:

OK Lets see what other people think about drafting Rolle. I personally think its not a bad idea to draft him. Im off to sleep. Ill check up tomorrow.

djfresh47
11-19-2004, 12:30 AM
OMG...Drafting him will not be a terrible move guy.
Because the Qb, Oline, and run defense have been so stellar this season and in case you haven't checked the Phins have the number 1 ranked pass defense in the NFL, even if they lose Pat which is expected there are too many other needs than to draft a Cb. Rolle is gonna struggle, I've watched him play and the style he plays is gonna get him killed by pass interference. Drafting him would be a terrible move, Jeff Zgonia and Bryan Robinson are starting at DT, TBowens career is in doubt, Chester is coming off injury and this team can't stop any team from running the ball. Drafting a Cb when the Phins have the best pass defense in the NFL does not make sense.

Jaj
11-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Would be the dumbest move ever. Yay another large salary at CB how fun.

This is worse than drafting Mike Williams.

Rodgers, Barron(who I'm skeptical on), or we gotta trade down it seems.

tehMick
11-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Let me preface this by saying im being completely sincere:
I hate you.
:yes:

Five Words:
That does not mean anything :roflmao:

OK Lets see what other people think about drafting Rolle. I personally think its not a bad idea to draft him. Im off to sleep. Ill check up tomorrow.

feelthepain
11-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Does anyone watch him play as of late???....Go back and watch his last 5 games...He has played BAD...Hes not what we need we need to invest wisely....Trust me I am a Canes fan and there always on.

I'm a huge Cane fan and he is not the only one having problems. Miami does not have the intensity as years past. A.Rolle will be top notch. He's a big hitter and fast. Miami always has top corners. I would be thrilled with him in our secondary.

#84Fan4Life
11-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Let's get this straight. We do not need Mike Williams or Antrelle Rolle. We have to draft a RB, QB, or OL. If we draft any other position it should be to trade them like the Chargers did with Eli Manning last year and pick up more picks.

musphinzfan
11-19-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm a huge Cane fan and he is not the only one having problems. Miami does not have the intensity as years past. A.Rolle will be top notch. He's a big hitter and fast. Miami always has top corners. I would be thrilled with him in our secondary.

I am not saying hes terrible...I like him to being utilized wrong but hes not a #1 overall. :D

feelthepain
11-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Would be the dumbest move ever. Yay another large salary at CB how fun.

This is worse than drafting Mike Williams.

Rodgers, Barron(who I'm skeptical on), or we gotta trade down it seems.

Your worried about the cap how much money do you think a first rd QB will cost? Rolle will not cost us near the money a QB will. We only need a good O if.....we keep our dominat D. I think with a good coach and a revamed Oline we could be a playoff team next year.

FIN-IN-RI
11-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Good thing this would never happen. What a dumb move that would be, chills just went up my spine at the thought of drafting a CB with a top 5 pick.

Maybe you are right though, I mean our offensive and defensive lines are so great, mine as well draft a CB that would be 3rd/4th on the depth chart behind Madison and Poole/Howard/Surtain. Great Idea! Yep....

feelthepain
11-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Good thing this would never happen. What a dumb move that would be, chills just went up my spine at the thought of drafting a CB with a top 5 pick.

Maybe you are right though, I mean our offensive and defensive lines are so great, mine as well draft a CB that would be 3rd/4th on the depth chart behind Madison and Poole/Howard/Surtain. Great Idea! Yep....

Surtain most likely will not be here next year and Howard is no probowler. Poole has potential but he's still very young. I think you really need to reevaluate the secondary right now it's the strongest part of the D, but we are about to lose a major part of that secondary do you think we can keep losing players there and not feel it? As it stands now we have as many big names on O as we do on D.

Jaj
11-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Look at the Steelers...

Who's a household name on that D other than Porter?

Casey Hampton? Kendrell Bell? I didn't think so...

FIN-IN-RI
11-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Surtain most likely will not be here next year and Howard is no probowler. Poole has potential but he's still very young.

Whats Rolle? 30 something? Rolle is a proven NFL star CB? Why give up on one young kid with loads of potential just to get anothe young kid with loads of potential. Seems illogical to me.

I think you really need to reevaluate the secondary right now it's the strongest part of the D, but we are about to lose a major part of that secondary do you think we can keep losing players there and not feel it?

No, but that doesn't mean we draft a CB with a top 5 pick.

As it stands now we have as many big names on O as we do on D.

We have a lot of young players on D who have yet had a chance to become Big Names. We need more young players on the defensive side of the ball but not in the secondary.

finsfan4life
11-19-2004, 12:51 AM
Surtain most likely will not be here next year and Howard is no probowler. Poole has potential but he's still very young. I think you really need to reevaluate the secondary right now it's the strongest part of the D, but we are about to lose a major part of that secondary do you think we can keep losing players there and not feel it? As it stands now we have as many big names on O as we do on D.

So if Pat Surtain is gone we still have 2 big name defensive backs. Please tell me who our two big name offensive lineman are.

outtawack311
11-19-2004, 12:52 AM
Drafting him would kill our shots at being competitive for the next 5 years. We need the pick to work magic for us. Drafting rolle is the absolute dumbest idea on this board yet.

FIN-IN-RI
11-19-2004, 12:53 AM
Look at the Steelers...

Who's a household name on that D other than Porter?

Casey Hampton? Kendrell Bell? I didn't think so...

That too. Look at the Patriots and look what happened when their "big name" secondary got bit by the injury bug. You see a lot of no name CBs and a WR converted to CB stepping up their game.. If we draft defense it better be DLINE.

tehMick
11-19-2004, 12:54 AM
You just said Poole has potential and is still very young.
So your solution is to draft a younger player at the same position?
Oh and outside of Miami no one can name more than 3 players on the Miami Offense(if that).
So to say we have as many big players on O as we do on D is not only false but completely irrational.

Noland
11-19-2004, 12:55 AM
If Surtain will be gone after the season we should get Rolle we could get oline in FA. We know all about all the Rolle talent.

FIN-IN-RI
11-19-2004, 12:57 AM
If Surtain will be gone after the season we should get Rolle we could get oline in FA. We know all about all the Rolle talent.

..we could get oline in fa

Pope Shula XIV
11-19-2004, 12:57 AM

OT....free agency
RB.....free agency

that would work IMO.

Trade down and either take Alex Barron or Aaron Rodgers. The problem is since Jimmy Johnson was here we've ignored our offense while, at times, we've gone overboard on defense. Granted, our defense it getting older and it should not be ignored, but we're not 1-8 this year because of the defense.

As far as free agency, if we have a GM that knows what he's doing, we may be able to pick up a starting running back (no, we don't have one on the roster at the moment) such as Shaun Alexander or Edgerrin James and a top lineman, but we're still not that much better on offense.

Yeah, it would be nice to have Rolle. But he doesn't play a need position for us.

DA DICK
11-19-2004, 01:01 AM
I dont know about yall, but I am tired of watching the Dolphins offense go 3 and out 90% of the time. The reason were 1-8 is because of offense not the defense. Lets leave the defense alone for a second. Our defense hasnt gotten us anywhere. So to draft another defensive guy would be plain crazy. Its not like this guy is the next Deion by the way so please forget defense think offense.

Noland
11-19-2004, 01:15 AM
I don't know about trading down we don't usually get this good of a pick we should get the best talent we can get.

Stitches
11-19-2004, 01:25 AM
I want us to draft DL, either DT or De, there are good ones coming out at both spots. We could trade down and still get a good DL pick and more picks. Or I say OL, I like Brown from Virginia at gaurd. And the T from Alabama intrigues me, and of course Wilkerson at C is definitely worth a look(just not until late 1st).

Given To Fly
11-19-2004, 04:05 AM
Wasn't Terrence Newman supossed to be as good as Rolle? Why if Rolle plays like Terrence Newman? Only if Rolle becomes the next Deon he won't be a wasted pick. If we draft a center and becomes the next Tim Rudy at least he'll be a slightly improvement over Seth McKinney. If we draft Alex Barron and he becomes the next Wayne Gandy or plays like LT like Mark Dixon, that becomes solid improvement four our team and it will be more helpfull that Rolle being an average starter if he doesn't become the next superstar CB.

MadLib
11-19-2004, 05:07 AM
I didnt really get a chance to read everyone's comments but I hope to god the new coach and FO dont feel the same way this guy does. I agree we should draft defense, but most definitely not with a top ten pick (which Rolle would require). If the new FO does not feel there isnt a potential franchise QB to draft in the top 3, then we need to trade down to aquire more picks that can assess our weak points such as OL, not waste it on adding to our strengths. Top Defensive players can be had outside of the first round (Madison 2nd, Taylor 3rd, Surtain 2nd, Zach Thomas 5th, etc). And why is it I hear everyone say we can fix our OL needs through FA?? Top tackles require monster contracts and 99% of the time they arent available because they get franchised. I would love to pick up Walter Jones but in all reality, he is going to be asking for a contract that our cap situation just cant handle. Its not a popular move but I really wouldnt mind seeing us trade down and selecting Alex Barron around the 10-15th pick. Top Tackles are drafted not signed through FA.

3P
11-19-2004, 08:28 AM
You people kill me!

Feeley was a 3rd string QB when we got him, he can't start.... Start Sage!

Poole is young and unproven.... so draft Rolle!

:shakeno:

harmonkoz
11-19-2004, 10:26 AM
:rofl:

You guys will need a slurry of help... Your team will have more holes in it than a good sieve come next year... The best opinion I have heard is to trade down if the right deal is there.

Since your team seems to like to pick up our cast offs (i.e. Nails, Hicks, Morris, Thomas, etc.) I can see Drew Bledsoe playing in aqua and orange next year. :chuckle:

However Henry will have to go out of the division.

MadLib
11-19-2004, 02:27 PM
A local radio analyst for ESPN explained this matter best when debating whether or not Dallas should draft Rolle with their top ten pick. He stated, "Try to think off the top of your head, 5 top CBs that have truely made a difference this year (INT, big plays)." People dont realize how much the new rules have effected the CB position. Teams are actually going after what used to be the shutdown corners such as Champ Bailey (2 ints), Charles Woodson (0 int), Surtain (2 ints), Madison (O int), Antoine Winfield (2 int), Chris McCalister (1 int), etc. Im not saying that the CB position isnt important anymore, i'm just saying its definitely not a position thats worthy of a top ten pick nowadays. Look at Terrance Newman in Dallas, this guy was supposed to be All World coming out of college and he has been nothing short of a flop so far. I really dont want to see the Dolphins waste such an important pick when there are much bigger needs involved.