PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: Dwyane Wade! I Love You, Miami!

Martel
11-19-2004, 11:33 PM
39, 8 and 3.....

and the game winner. Won't be his last GW. This guy is real good.

Muck
11-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Dammit, I missed the game.

At least one DW is lighting up Miami!!

Fresh
11-19-2004, 11:40 PM
OMG, who just saw that Heat game? I wish I was there, but I had the option between this game and another one next week, and I took the other one. :fire:

Miami was trailing against Utah since being going down 16-15 in the 1st quarter. With about 10 mins left in the 4th, we were down by 11. Wade got hot and finished with 39 points, scoring 23 in the 4th & OT combined. Shaq fouled out early in OT, leaving us in a hole. And who do you think takes over? Dwyane f*ckin Wade, baby. You know...Flash, D-Wade, D-Weezy, D-Wizzle, F it...HE's Superman!

What a game, man...what a game. This game was up and down from the last 5 mins in the 4th up to Wade's game winning jump shot(hey Arenas, keep on eating crow for saying not only does Wade not have a 3pt shot, but doesn't have a J at all).

Other notes: Haslem probably had his worst game as a Heat. They had some rough calls on him, and he fouled out for the second time this year. The FT shooting was awful for us. I think we shot under 40% as a team, and it wasn't just Shaq. Eddie Jones had his first back-to-back good night of the year. It's nice to see EJ on a roll for us. Really, this game was Shaq, Wade, and EJ. This marks Dwyane's second 30+ game of the year. He had a career-high a week ago with 37, and topped that tonight with 39. He came into the game almost averaging 25 a night, so that's gonna jump up a bit. In 8 games this year(missed 2), Wade's season low is 18 points.

Key 3:

Wade - 39 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 steals
O'Neal - 22 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 blocks(28 mins)
E.Jones - 17 points, 3 steals, 3 rebounds

As much as I hate Malik Allen, he had a pretty decent game out there(he made some big mistakes that almost costed us the game, as usual) with 10 points & 7 boards. Damon Jones, who is 2nd in the NBA in 3-pointers made, knocked down 3 more. I think DJ's had 3 or more triples in about 8 of our 10 games this year.

Anyways, I just typed this up quick, so I don't care about punctuation. :lol:

Great game, Go Heat!

Fresh
11-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Dammit, I missed the game.

At least one DW is lighting up Miami!!

Oops, my bad..merge, please.

But damn, what a game!

FinsNYanksFan13
11-20-2004, 03:46 AM
The way Wade is playing with Shaq just proves that Shaq lifted Kobe's g ame!

VJ1252
11-20-2004, 04:07 AM
I thought it was a great game especially by wade. Wade is blossoming into a superstar and I wonder how much better he can get. If he learns to knock down the three he will be unstoppable. The heat also recieved clutch shooting from the jones's. One thing that still concerns me is haslem. He has been dominated by the good PFs and I wouldnt want him trying to guard JO or rasheed in the playoffs. Hopefully zo gets his buyout and returns to miami and can give us some minutes at PF.

paq7512
11-20-2004, 06:28 AM
The way Wade is playing with Shaq just proves that Shaq lifted Kobe's g ame! No. Hell no. Wade was so good last year to. Shaq just gives him more space. But all the shots he makes are 1 on 1. Not no kickout shots from Shaq.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 05:28 PM
No. Hell no. Wade was so good last year to. Shaq just gives him more space. But all the shots he makes are 1 on 1. Not no kickout shots from Shaq.

Dwyane Wade is unstoppable; that's all there is to it. You wonna stick someone in the paint for him? Fine, he's going to dish it out to EJ or DJ for 3, or dish it inside to Shaq for the dunk.

Wade had FOUR 3-point plays last night, and none were actual 3-pointers. ;)

I don't want to add to the hype, but in all honesty, LeBron James looks like Magic Johnson and Dwyane Wade looks like Michael Jordan. Not saying they're as good, but those are the best comparisons. When Wade came out, I compared him to Steve Francis of today's game and Sidney Moncrief of old. Now, he seems like he's much better than both players already.

Although I'd take Wade over Bron(admittedly, if I was a Cavs fan it would be different), he's far better than Carmelo Anthony.
1.James
2.Wade
3.Bosh
4.Anthony
5.Hinrich
^---That's how I look at last year's prospects.

Pink_Dove
11-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Wade couldn't carry MJ's jockstrap.
To think such a thing is a travesty and I won't even touch the Lebron-Magic comment. You've got to realize MJ and Magic are guys that come around once in a century. Wade has looked very good this year but 100 games into his career, he cannot be compared to a young MJ. The biggest difference between them is the jump shot. D-Wade's first stepping stone would be to lead the Heat to an NBA championship, then he'll start getting some credibility. Leading the league in points or assists wouldn't hurt either.
Don't get me wrong I love the guy but comparing him to MJ is unfair to his Airness.

Muck
11-20-2004, 08:41 PM
And how about that fake at the end of regulation?? I've never seen a defender end up on his stomach under the basket with the shooter still at the top of the circle. :lol:

tehMick
11-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Dwyane Wade is "The Truth."
:yes:

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Dwyane Wade is "The Truth."
:yes:

That's what I've been calling him since the Nickname thread. :up:

tehMick
11-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Muck, i heart you.
Muck:hump:

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:24 PM
:muck:

Fresh
11-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Paul Pierce already has "The Truth".

:D

Fresh
11-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Wade couldn't carry MJ's jockstrap.
To think such a thing is a travesty and I won't even touch the Lebron-Magic comment. You've got to realize MJ and Magic are guys that come around once in a century. Wade has looked very good this year but 100 games into his career, he cannot be compared to a young MJ. The biggest difference between them is the jump shot. D-Wade's first stepping stone would be to lead the Heat to an NBA championship, then he'll start getting some credibility. Leading the league in points or assists wouldn't hurt either.
Don't get me wrong I love the guy but comparing him to MJ is unfair to his Airness.

Hmmmm....

Not saying they're as good

Pink_Dove
11-21-2004, 11:15 AM
LeBron James looks like Magic Johnson and Dwyane Wade looks like Michael Jordan.

I stand by what I said...LeBron does not look like Magic.
What I see from Lebron is some high flying dunks and a VERY good defensive player.What I saw from an early Magic was the amazing open court vision and leadership qualities.
And Wade certainly does not look like MJ.
A young MJ relied on his jumper, while Wade relies on his quickness. Both are comparable at this point defensively, although MJ got better and better every year.

Muck
11-21-2004, 12:34 PM
I disagree. Young Jordan relied on ups, quicks, and overall athleticism. It wasn't until the Phil Jackson years that he developed that unguardable fadeaway jumper.

I haven't seen enough of LeBron to debate the subject.

Fresh
11-21-2004, 03:25 PM
I disagree. Young Jordan relied on ups, quicks, and overall athleticism. It wasn't until the Phil Jackson years that he developed that unguardable fadeaway jumper.

Exactly. Dwyane Wade just looks like Michael Jordan on the court. He's cool, he's always calm, he has a similar style of gameplay although he tries to create for his team MUCH more than MJ did, and he's like 6/6 on game winning attempts. I'm not saying he's as good or will be as good as Jordan, because that would be a CRAZY statement. Point is, Jordan is the only player to compare him with.

And LeBron James plays as close a game to Magic as anybody ever has. Many compared Lamar Odom to Magic, but Odom has been a very inconsistent player throughout his NBA career. I'm not a big LeBron fan at all, but I'm not afraid to admit what I see. LeBron's jumper is developing quickly, he has the ability to take games over, he's great at creating for his teammates, he's a good rebounder, and he's a hell of a leader.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-22-2004, 10:13 PM
Don't ever compare anyone to Jordan!

Fresh
11-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Don't ever compare anyone to Jordan!

Hush, because it's not like I said he had anything on Jordan. I compared his style of play to Jordan, and if you don't like it...you know exactly what you can do. :yes: