PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: DETROIT, INDIANA NBA FIGHTS!

FinsNYanksFan13
11-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Wow, that was some brawl between the Pistons, Pacers, and the fans. The fans should be ashamed of themselves although with that said, if I was a Detroit fan and the players came into the stands (of course after another fan started it) I would of been throwing too (at least I tell the truth). The fans should of never acted the way they did and it should of never have gotton to this point, btu with that said, that was one hell of a brawl!!

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 12:00 AM
Wow, that was some brawl between the Pistons, Pacers, and the fans. The fans should be ashamed of themselves although with that said, if I was a Detroit fan and the players came into the stands (of course after another fan started it) I would of been throwing too (at least I tell the truth). The fans should of never acted the way they did and it should of never have gotton to this point, btu with that said, that was one hell of a brawl!!
true, the fan who threw the beer is the culprit.

Anyways, it was good entertainment :cool:

LIQUID24
11-20-2004, 12:06 AM
I love how some pu$$y a$$ fans think they can do whatever they want just because they bought tickets. I'm glad they got their a$$es beat.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-20-2004, 12:07 AM
I'll never fault Artest. He's a New Yorker and a St. John's alum (my brother's also an alum and was on the football team while Artest was at the school) so I always got his back!!

Fresh
11-20-2004, 12:13 AM
The league should RIP that Championship banner right off of the hanger. Hell, cancel every home game they have for the rest of the year. What pisses me off the most is that the fans threw stuff at Rick Carlisle. For what?? ALL OF THEM ARE SICK! What a disgrace to the NBA to have this on national television. I am sorry, but I hope every Pistons fan who threw something loses their job(s) on Monday morning. The person who threw the beer at Artest deserves to be hit by a car walking to the parking lot.

As much as most of us hate Artest, I give him a whole bunch of props for getting up there. A hard foul? Yes. But Big Ben's the bigger b*tch for hitting him like that, and showed no class at all. Watch the league give Ron the bigger suspension, when Big Ben should get the MAXIMUM.

That was hilarious, but I was so happy when SJ, Ron, JO, and Tinsley got their punches in. The Pistons fans deserved it.

Gotta love Wade tonight, but STEPHEN JACKON IS THE KING OF THE NIGHT for punching one of the fans RIGHT IN HIS MOUTH. He should've killed him.

Artest And Jackson For MVP! :woot:

tehMick
11-20-2004, 12:42 AM
aka the Ben Wallace and all Detroit Piston fans are fhegs thread.
:chuckle:
Someone please make me an animated .gif of Jermaine O'Neal knocking that fat detroit fan the f*ck out when he tried to jump Artest!
Please!
:roflmao:

tehMick
11-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Hahahaha the CEO of the Pistons is a moron.
When asked his thoughts of what occured:
"uhhhhh, well, it was an emotional game..."

iceblizzard69
11-20-2004, 12:58 AM
They should have a 5 game "home ban" on Pistons home games, meaning that for the next 5 games, the Pistons have to play in front of empty seats. The NBA has to do something about what those punk fans did. What a bunch of *******s.

tehMick
11-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Seriously, someone make me an animated .gif of that guy getting pwned by Jermaine O'Neal.
Theyre replaying it constantly on ESPNNEWS.
Please!
I'll pay the person who does it.
:cooldude:
PS: Larry Brown is a douchebag.
:yes:

Fresh
11-20-2004, 01:20 AM
aka the Ben Wallace and all Detroit Piston fans are fhegs thread.
:chuckle:
Someone please make me an animated .gif of Jermaine O'Neal knocking that fat detroit fan the f*ck out when he tried to jump Artest!
Please!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

LIQUID24
11-20-2004, 01:24 AM
Jermaine O'Neal delivered the best right hand I've seen since Hearns knocked out Duran in '84. He's my new hero. :cooldude:

FinsNYanksFan13
11-20-2004, 01:35 AM
The Pacers are my new favorite team!

Jimmy James
11-20-2004, 01:40 AM
They should have a 5 game "home ban" on Pistons home games, meaning that for the next 5 games, the Pistons have to play in front of empty seats. The NBA has to do something about what those punk fans did. What a bunch of *******s.

I like this idea, except I think it needs to be 10 games and should be a ban on the sale of any alcohol. Make the ticketholders either choose to come and not get drunk out of their mind or eat that money.

Then again, one of the more interesting people I have met on the Internet was on press row and was endangered by this bunch of ****. He's fine, but his computer very well may not be due to all of the crap that got thrown around.

burton87
11-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Turn it to sportscenter right now if you get the chance,

The biggest sports brawl ever just happened between the pistons and the pacers..

Crazy ****

You dont just go in the stands and start decking fans in the face....

jcaponio
11-20-2004, 01:46 AM
You dont just go in the stands and start decking fans in the face....
For as stupid as Artest is, hard to blame him for this one. Sure you dont go in the stands, but it was Wallace who came after him, and then they drill him in the face while hes minding his business. You gotta defend yourself at that point.

outlawd2u
11-20-2004, 01:49 AM
Damn it........ I was watching that game too, and I turned it!!! I always miss everything, what happened exactly???

burton87
11-20-2004, 01:55 AM
Turn on espnnews, it will be on all night...

fins4o8
11-20-2004, 01:57 AM
ESPNEWS been showing the details on the fight between players then fans throwing liquid/ice at players then the players attacking them in retaliation & some.......

jcaponio
11-20-2004, 01:59 AM
Damn it........ I was watching that game too, and I turned it!!! I always miss everything, what happened exactly???
Long story short, Artest fouls Ben Wallace hard with under a minute to go in a blowout, Wallace shoves him in the face and the two teams shove each other around. Its controlled until a fan throws a cup or bottle at Artest's face and he goes after him in the crowd. After that, the Palace just goes insane. You have to see it to believe it, the ugliest thing Ive ever seen in sports.

Can we win a SB
11-20-2004, 02:01 AM
here is what happened, artest fouled ben wallace hard.. ben wallace retaliated by pushing his face.. they started throwing punches, the bench warmers, lol, came out.. when everyting was thought to be over, artest goes and lays down on his back on the tablescore.. a fan threw beer, and artest decked him in the face.. the fan got up and oneal decked him to the FLOOR.. then fans went crazy, stephen jackson got involved in it..big mess.. the good thing about this, THE HEAT.. now im sure, jackson, oneal, artest, and someone else will be suspended.. that means indiana will lose some games.. heat will win games..number one in the east..

jcaponio
11-20-2004, 02:05 AM
=the good thing about this, THE HEAT.. now im sure, jackson, oneal, artest, and someone else will be suspended.. that means indiana will lose some games.. heat will win games..number one in the east.. What pisses me off is how now no one will ever hear or see of what Wade did tonight with all the attention on the brawl.

tehMick
11-20-2004, 02:06 AM
I'm going to buy a Jermaine O'Neal jersey tomorrow.
Jermaine O'Neal:hump:
:woot:

The Pacers are my new favorite team!

outlawd2u
11-20-2004, 02:07 AM
there's a espnews channel???

Can we win a SB
11-20-2004, 02:08 AM
that is very true, they will stephen a jackson or greg anthony go on air.. they always said good things about the heat and shaq

Fin Fan in Cali
11-20-2004, 02:16 AM
that is very true, they will stephen a jackson or greg anthony go on air.. they always said good things about the heat and shaqMan I watching the game, and left before the fight! I watched the highlights, and Wallace and the Detroit fans just got out of hand! I tell you what I want teamates like Jackson, and O'Neal, they had Artest's back big time. It was good to see Rasheed Wallace, trying to be the calming factor.

Fin Fan in Cali
11-20-2004, 02:19 AM
O'Neal was trying to leave the court, and a stupid fan was on the floor hitting on another Pacer player, and O'neal just throws a haymaker on this guy, and he land flat on his back! Ugly situation! Detroit fans should be so embarrassed! No security what so ever!

FireWrongstedt
11-20-2004, 02:31 AM
That was BY FAR the craziest thing I've ever seen in sports. Wow.

spydertl79
11-20-2004, 02:33 AM
i SAW IT LIVE @ HOOTERS!!! EVERYONE WAS GOING CRAZY, THAT WAS SWEET

outtawack311
11-20-2004, 02:35 AM
Some fans that got hit are now rollin in the money. I say somewhere around a few million per fan that was hit. Especially that first guy artest went after, he didnt throw the cup.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Go check my post in the "Other Sports" forum.

I was HOPING that the punk who hit Artest with the bottle would've got HIT BY A CAR on his way to the parking lot. I'm not joking either, I'm serious. I'd laugh if he got hit by a car.

SkapePhin
11-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Just disgraceful.. Artest and the rest involved should be suspended for the year.. Detroit Fans are retarded too..

Fresh
11-20-2004, 02:37 AM
Jermaine O'Neal delivered the best right hand I've seen since Hearns knocked out Duran in '84. He's my new hero. :cooldude:

DEFINATELY!

He knocked the DUST off of that fat a**.

Did anybody see Tinsley run out of the locker room to help O'Neal, only to pick up a duster and raise it at a fan like he was going to hit him? A duster?? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Fresh
11-20-2004, 02:38 AM

Definately.

I was hoping to hear that the fat guy who JO knocked out after he attacked Ron-Ron(who also hit him twice) and the guy who threw the bottle and hit Artest would've got hit by a car, in all seriousness. Oh well..

Fritz27
11-20-2004, 02:43 AM
Jermaine O'Neal had a pretty damn good right hook to that one dude. At any rate, I'm gonna have to say that it was amazing and unbelievable.

iDolFan
11-20-2004, 02:46 AM
Detroit fans :shakeno: pathetic.....completly pathetic. they are the champs, but yet have no class what so ever

Fresh
11-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Just disgraceful.. Artest and the rest involved should be suspended for the year.. Detroit Fans are retarded too..

ARTEST?? HE SHOULD'VE KILLED THAT GUY!

Jeez...you guys need to get off of Artest's nuts. He gets hit with a bottle in his mouth and attacked by fans on the court. He did the right thing. Actually, no...the right thing would've been to stomp the guy to death after hitting him right in the mouth.

Little Ben should get the maximum suspension. He's a b*tch.

Stitches
11-20-2004, 02:50 AM
That was nuts, I just saw it on sportscenter. I have to say that is the craziest thing I've ever seen in basketball, and the most unbeleivable sports fight I have ever seen. I can't believe how nuts everyone went.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 02:51 AM
The sad thing is that everybody will say:

-Artest should be banned from the NBA
-Stephen Jackson is a thug
-Jermaine O'Neal has no class
-Jamaal Tinsley is a little punk

Actually, I give all of those players A+'s. Handle your biz.

outlawd2u
11-20-2004, 02:52 AM
I finally saw it, and........ Ben Wallace was being a B**ch, it wasn't a very hard foul at all, Shaq gets fouled harder almost EVERY time he goes up and they don't even call it, so Wallace was just being a big baby because he had an easy dunk, and now he had to go to the line and miss 2 free throws. Also......... The fans....... RETARDED!! All them F**kers that were throwing crap, and throwing puches at the indiana players should be banned from all sporting events. Artest shouldn't have went in the stands, but hey....... these guys are people just like everyone else. If some stranger throws a cup and hits you in the face, you're gonna retaliate too!!! I just feel sorry for the kids that were in the area!!!

Fritz27
11-20-2004, 02:52 AM
Apocalypse Now comes to mind.

SkapePhin
11-20-2004, 02:55 AM

You have to have some proffesionalism man.. I can understand how he just reacted.. He was already hot, and he is a hothead.. but sometimes you just need to let stuff slide and let the cops do their thing.. That entire ordeal could have been avoided had Artest just laughed it off and let the cops take care of the idiot...

Musicians get hit by stuff much worse than a cup of coke (full water bottles, beer bottles, lighters, shoes, keys, etc) and rarely do they fly into the croud in a fit of rage.. sure it happens sometimes, but no often..

I can understand how Artest wanted to retaliate, but if he had any sense, he wouldnt have.

iDolFan
11-20-2004, 02:55 AM
Jermaine O'Neal had a pretty damn good right hook to that one dude. At any rate, I'm gonna have to say that it was amazing and unbelievable.
:roflmao: that guy......what a COMPLETE IDIOT!!!! How in the world are you going to step on the court, and step up to a 7 footer in O'neal??

:lol: Oneal laid that dude out!!!!!:lol:

boy did he deserve that! :roflmao:

SkapePhin
11-20-2004, 02:57 AM
:roflmao: that guy......what a COMPLETE IDIOT!!!! How in the world are you going to step on the court, and step up to a 7 footer in O'neal??

:lol: Oneal laid that dude out!!!!!:lol:

boy did he deserve that! :roflmao:

It didnt look like he was lunging at him.. the one guy was walking up to Artest, and I think Artest just though he was gonna hit him when he was really just trying to walk somewhere.. At least thats what it looked like to me.. I could be wrong though..

ELPPHINFAN
11-20-2004, 02:58 AM
Jacked Up

outtawack311
11-20-2004, 03:02 AM
ARTEST?? HE SHOULD'VE KILLED THAT GUY!

Jeez...you guys need to get off of Artest's nuts. He gets hit with a bottle in his mouth and attacked by fans on the court. He did the right thing. Actually, no...the right thing would've been to stomp the guy to death after hitting him right in the mouth.

Little Ben should get the maximum suspension. He's a b*tch.

What are you talking about? Artest hit the wrong guy. He was heckling artest and someone else threw the cup. Artest is a jackass for not knowing who actually threw it before wailing on someone.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 03:05 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

TEAM WORK! :roflmao:

Fritz27
11-20-2004, 03:05 AM
It didnt look like he was lunging at him.. the one guy was walking up to Artest, and I think Artest just though he was gonna hit him when he was really just trying to walk somewhere.. At least thats what it looked like to me.. I could be wrong though..

That guy was in a stance to punch Artest and he had no damn business on the floor anyway.

SkapePhin
11-20-2004, 03:07 AM
That guy was in a stance to punch Artest and he had no damn business on the floor anyway.

Maybe he had no business on the floor, but he got in that stance once Artest got in a stance.. It was a funny situation really.. I think they both got caught off guard..

iDolFan
11-20-2004, 03:09 AM
What are you talking about? Artest hit the wrong guy. He was heckling artest and someone else threw the cup. Artest is a jackass for not knowing who actually threw it before wailing on someone.
no man, im sorry, it looked like there was noooooooo security!!!!! especially those idiots THAT CAME ON THE FLOOR!!!! They have zero business on the court!

and damn man, it looked like the piston fans were throwing a land fill worth of garbage, and drinks on artest, and oneal, when they were going to the locker room....totally un called for!

outtawack311
11-20-2004, 03:11 AM
no man, im sorry, it looked like there was noooooooo security!!!!! especially those idiots THAT CAME ON THE FLOOR!!!! They have zero business on the court!

and damn man, it looked like the piston fans were throwing a land fill worth of garbage, and drinks on artest, and oneal, when they were going to the locker room....totally un called for!

I am not talking about the guys on the floor. I am talking about the first guy in the stands. They said it didnt look like he even threw the cup.

clajoie_7
11-20-2004, 03:11 AM
Watch the left hand corner on sportscenter when artest is in the stands. Some huge dude starts pounding one of the Indiana players. The NBA is rediculous! I used to love this league but now it has turned into a circus. Artest is a punk! He almost pulled a Ricky asking for time off to promote his rap album. IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON!!! And I'm not talking a couple of days, I'm talking about 1 to three months. On the other note, the fans were totally out of line and that is unfortunate. It gives yet another black eye to sports fans around. I keep thinking of the Royals game where the father son "white trash nation" put the hurt on a first base coach. WTF is going on? Anyways Artest may be a punk, but he doesn't deserve to be treated like that...

Fritz27
11-20-2004, 03:12 AM
Just be lucky no one was shot. It is Detroit afterall.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 03:12 AM
2 things stood out as GREAT for me:

1.) JO's punch on that fat POS who Artest had already hit twice, that was an instant classic and I need a GIF of that

2.) Stephen Jackson coming out of nowhere knocking that fan out in the stands, which was another instant classic

Fritz27
11-20-2004, 03:14 AM

1.) JO's punch on that fat POS who Artest had already hit twice, that was an instant classic and I need a GIF of that

2.) Stephen Jackson coming out of nowhere knocking that fan out in the stands, which was another instant classic

I demand GIFs!

Fresh
11-20-2004, 03:15 AM
Just be lucky no one was shot. It is Detroit afterall.

The guy who threw the bottle should've been shot.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 03:17 AM
Watch the left hand corner on sportscenter when artest is in the stands. Some huge dude starts pounding one of the Indiana players. ...

You know what pissed me off about that? He was hitting FEDDIE JONES, who was trying to break the fight up. People are just stupid.

Good thing is, if you look at the clips of the cops checking out the film from the van...one cop points right at the fat guy who sucker punched Jones. Fat dude's in some deep s*** now.

SkapePhin
11-20-2004, 03:25 AM
I watched the vid again.. The fat kid on the court did appear to raise his hand in a threatening manner.. He got what he was asking for.. Although Artest completely whiffed and barely hurt him.. But Oneal KNOCKED OUT the fat guy's friend.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-20-2004, 03:45 AM
Boy did this overshadow Chris Webber and DWayne Wade's night!

nepaica
11-20-2004, 03:47 AM
I watched the vid again.. The fat kid on the court did appear to raise his hand in a threatening manner.. He got what he was asking for.. Although Artest completely whiffed and barely hurt him.. But Oneal KNOCKED OUT the fat guy's friend.Oneal and Artest should be in jail right now. They are animals and what they did this night was a complete disgrace.

SkapePhin
11-20-2004, 03:50 AM
Oneal and Artest should be in jail right now. They are animals and what they did this night was a complete disgrace.

Everyone involved were acting like animals.. it was truly ugly.

VJ1252
11-20-2004, 03:59 AM

-yea that was a great punch by o'neal. he hit the guy dead on the face with a lot of force. Is it the shoes?

- stephen jackson must have really endeared himself to his new teammates by not backing down and punching the friend of the bottle thrower.

VJ1252
11-20-2004, 04:00 AM
I am not talking about the guys on the floor. I am talking about the first guy in the stands. They said it didnt look like he even threw the cup.
it did look like he threw the cup to me.

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz
11-20-2004, 04:08 AM
i dont care what anyone says, Those fans deserve the worst possible punnishment. Artest was right, O'Neal was right, and so was anyone else in the fight. It was all the F'ing fan's fault. They are complete morons for trying to hit/throw stuff at the players. If they were 1 on 1 with those players they would sh!t in their pants and run away like little POS that they really are. I hope anyone that hit any of the players or threw anything at them deserve something really really bad to happen to them. And those fat *** F***s deserve to get laid out. O'Neal knocked the Sh!t outta him and i wish he kept on hitting him. They DESERVED IT B!OTCHES!!! I hate these jacked up fans thinking that they are the Sh!t sucker punching the players and acting all tight in front of them. All i hope is that none of the players get in big trouble like jail or anything like that. Suspensions are unnevitable so i know that will come but nothing more than that. those fans are complete JERKS!

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz
11-20-2004, 04:15 AM
All those players stepped up and really backed up Artest as they should have. I just wish Artest had connected better on that punch he threw at that fat *** POS. Im REALLY PISSED AT THOSE MORON FANS! They are sooooo stupid for even trying to start stuff with these athletes that could beat the crap outta all of them with one finger. I wish Artest would have knocked somebody out. O'Neal and Artest are my new favorite players. They deserve it and I just hope the best for them.

kud
11-20-2004, 04:23 AM
The only Detroit fan I blame is the one who threw the cup. Other than that, the stands is the fan area, just as the court is the player area. You come into the stands and start decking people, you better expect those fans to jump on you. You better believe if I saw innocent fellow fans being attacked I'd get in there. I only blame the one fan, after that I blame Artest and Jackson. You can't just go into the stands swinging on fans.

I'm just surprised Artest didn't get injured. As sadistic as it sounds I almost wish he would have. I can't stand Ron Artest.

kud
11-20-2004, 04:25 AM
All those players stepped up and really backed up Artest as they should have. I just wish Artest had connected better on that punch he threw at that fat *** POS. Im REALLY PISSED AT THOSE MORON FANS! They are sooooo stupid for even trying to start stuff with these athletes that could beat the crap outta all of them with one finger. I wish Artest would have knocked somebody out. O'Neal and Artest are my new favorite players. They deserve it and I just hope the best for them.

And you're a moron. You can't jump into the stands attacking fans for what one fan did. I bet if you were in the stands and you got jacked for no reason you'd be singing a different tune.

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 04:27 AM

well, they did handle their business, but everyone of those above statements is true.* :)

*although Artest shouldnt be banned from the NBA...watching that clown self-destruct every night is fun to watch

CirclingWagons
11-20-2004, 04:29 AM
The only Detroit fan I blame is the one who threw the cup. Other than that, the stands is the fan area, just as the court is the player area. You come into the stands and start decking people, you better expect those fans to jump on you. You better believe if I saw innocent fellow fans being attacked I'd get in there. I only blame the one fan, after that I blame Artest and Jackson. You can't just go into the stands swinging on fans.

I'm just surprised Artest didn't get injured. As sadistic as it sounds I almost wish he would have. I can't stand Ron Artest.

:clap: well said

kud
11-20-2004, 04:29 AM
no man, im sorry, it looked like there was noooooooo security!!!!! especially those idiots THAT CAME ON THE FLOOR!!!! They have zero business on the court!!

Yes, just as the players have no business in the stands. :shakeno:

dolphingator
11-20-2004, 04:30 AM
I think, like someone else said, that Artest and O'Neal hit the same guy. The clips are all chopped up and shot from different angles but it appeared to be the same guy (when O'Neal came sailing in and hit him he was missing the cap). Some guy in a green or brown suit also threw a punch toward the guy as he dived on top of him.

Jim Gray was probably mistaken about the one who threw the bottle, he said it was the guy in the Wallace shirt with the cap. I think it actually was the guy Artest jumped on. The other one had his hands in his pockets in a hurry if he threw any bottle.

The fat guy in the gray sweatshirt with the black horizontal band is headed to the SLAM for sure. He was pumping with both arms, just whaling away at any guy in a Pacer uniform he could get.

The one thing I noticed above all... in all the clips they showed, in every angle, there was not COP ONE visible anywhere. If 2 or 3 cops had jumped on any of those punk fans and pinned them down with a billyclub like is SOP in a case like that, it would have possibly scared the rest off. They saw others get away with fighting and throwing stuff and they figured they could get away with it too.

An absolute disgrace.

FireWrongstedt
11-20-2004, 04:30 AM
I just can't believe that after everything that had already gone down, that the fat f--k and his buddy could get anywhere NEAR that court- the fact that those two guys just walked onto the court to go after Artest was incomprehensible to me. Seriously, I know there was a lot of chaos and confusion, but how do you just let two guys walk out onto the court?

Martel
11-20-2004, 05:45 AM
I lost all respect for B. Wallace.

paq7512
11-20-2004, 06:23 AM
Nah. Big Ben probaly just thought he was trying to hurt him, which he was not. I love him. You have all seen Artest he is strong as nails. But Ben bitched him. I thought some of the Pacers were going to get hurt from the fan. They outnumber them 1:2000 or something. Thoughs fulls would never step 1 on 1.

byroan
11-20-2004, 07:06 AM

Actually Jackson is a thug, he was trying to start **** before the fans were even involved. The rest of the players though didn't start until the fans were involved.

inFINSible
11-20-2004, 08:48 AM
O'Neal should be charged for that.

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Ben Wallace started the whole thing. And the Pistons president is ****ing tool. He blamed it all on Artest and the Pacers. Maybe he should blame his classless fans for throwing **** and fighting with players.

If I were Artest....emtional, just been hit in the face by Wallance, and trying to calm down.......and I was just assulted like that, I'd have ran into the stands too. Maybe it wasn't the best decision. But he was trying to do the right thing. And when you're fired up like that, and somebody totally disrespects you as a human being, I think my emotions would have boiled over too.

And WTF were those fans doing on the court?? I'm glad O'Neal clocked that guy. I'm just mad he couldn't have hit both those guys. The guy O'Neal hit was actually a second fan who jumped on Artest from the side as he was fighting with the first guy. That guy deserved what he got. You don't run onto the court, period. That guy was looking for a fight. He took a cheap shot at Artest, he received a cheap shot from O'Neal.

As you may have read before, I'm not a fan of Ron Artest. But I am now. That guy was targeted. And he stood up for himself.

Did any of you see Jim Gray doing his reports last night?? It sounded like he was gonna cry. :lol:

inFINSible
11-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Artest was TOTALLY egging it on by laying on the scorers table!!

By doing that he's saying, "This is my house...I'll lay down and put my feet up on the furniture if I want to and there aint sh*t you're going to do about it".....Wallace and the Pistons fans took offense.....I don't blame them.

!PapaCrunk81!
11-20-2004, 09:45 AM
The fans are to blame and the players are to blame. There is no one innocent, IMO, on this one. The fans shouldn't be throwing stuff, but it's ok for the players to throw punches themselves?? Gimme a break. There would not have been a single punch thrown if none of the players went into the stands. Artest decided to be an idiot (just like the fans were being idiots) and went into the stands. I hope they do suspend the players involved and also punish the fans involved depending on the footage.
Believe me, I loooooooaaaaaattthhhhheeee when people say "what about the kids," but what a horrible thing for parents and kids to see, when they thought they were going to a family event.

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Artest was TOTALLY egging it on by laying on the scorers table!!

By doing that he's saying, "This is my house...I'll lay down and put my feet up on the furniture if I want to and there aint sh*t you're going to do about it".....Wallace and the Pistons fans took offense.....I don't blame them.

I just didn't interperate it that way. I think he was trying to chill himself out while things got sorted out. Wallace was already trying to fight Artest and the refs were sorting it out.

When is it ok for fans to throw things at a player?? Never. The fan involved himself (in a classless manner no less).

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Believe me, I loooooooaaaaaattthhhhheeee when people say "what about the kids," but what a horrible thing for parents and kids to see, when they thought they were going to a family event.

Yeah, that part really sucks.

inFINSible
11-20-2004, 09:58 AM
I just didn't interperate it that way. I think he was trying to chill himself out while things got sorted out. Wallace was already trying to fight Artest and the refs were sorting it out.

When is it ok for fans to throw things at a player?? Never. The fan involved himself (in a classless manner no less).
That is TOTALLY what he was doing Muck....Putting his feet up and kicking back on the furniture in THEIR house....

Man, if Eric Moulds and the bills just beat us at home and Moulds went over to OUR bench and sat down and kicked up his feet.....BS!!....it's ON MF'er!!

If Randy or Zach didn't move his a$$ off there, they wouldn't be men.

The fans should have stayed out of it but being that close in proximity, it's not surprising that a couple of idiots threw stuff.

inFINSible
11-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Here's some good video of the whole thing.....It shows Artest's intentions really well....link (http://www.santoalt.com/pacers_pistons_fight.php)

Muck
11-20-2004, 10:10 AM
He was laying on that table a full two minutes without incident. Reggie Miller (in a suit) had his hand on him, holding him there. It was totally peaceful (aside from the crowded bunch of players). When Ben Wallace threw a towel at him and Artest got up, his coaches told him to lay back down. Then the fan threw crap at him.

He wasn't taunting the fans. At least not in my opinion. The fan took a cheap shot at him. And it wasn't their bench. It was the scorer's table (totally neutral).

inFINSible
11-20-2004, 10:13 AM
He was laying on that table a full two minutes without incident. Reggie Miller (in a suit) had his hand on him, holding him there. It was totally peaceful (aside from the crowded bunch of players). When Ben Wallace threw a towel at him and Artest got up, his coaches told him to lay back down. Then the fan threw crap at him.

He wasn't taunting the fans. At least not in my opinion. The fan took a cheap shot at him. And it wasn't their bench. It was the scorer's table (totally neutral).
You may be right but, I can certainly see how they could have taken it the other way.

Why would he lay ON the scorers table, why not just leave the court or at least go to his own bench?

Muck
11-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Here's some good video of the whole thing.....It shows Artest's intentions really well....link (http://www.santoalt.com/pacers_pistons_fight.php)

:confused:

Just reinforces my point IMO. He didn't do anything but stay out of it.

Still looking for provocation from Artest towards the fans.

Muck
11-20-2004, 10:15 AM
You may be right but, I can certainly see how they could have taken the other way.

Why would he lay ON the scorers table, why not just leave the court or at least go to his own bench?

Because the game wasn't over. Laying there doing nothing was the best thing IMO. He was agitating anybody. And you know that this guy simply walking around gets people going. lol

Muck
11-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Excellent video BTW. Haven't seen these angles before.

inFINSible
11-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Because the game wasn't over. Laying there doing nothing was the best thing IMO. He was agitating anybody. And you know that this guy simply walking around gets people going. lol
He agitated me just laying there...:lol:

I still see his whole demeanor as passive aggressive. JMO though, I've been wrong before. :D

Muck
11-20-2004, 10:18 AM
GIFS Or BAN!! :D

Muck
11-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Dammit now I'm late for work!!

Better have some gifs for me when I get home or there's gonna be trouble. :tongue:

Jimmy James
11-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Analysis from a reporter who was on media row at the game (http://www.livejournal.com/users/davehogg/545829.html)

DwayneWade
11-20-2004, 12:20 PM
What pisses me off is how now no one will ever hear or see of what Wade did tonight with all the attention on the brawl.

EXACTLY!

LIQUID24
11-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Did anybody see Tinsley run out of the locker room to help O'Neal, only to pick up a duster and raise it at a fan like he was going to hit him? A duster?? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I just saw that this morning. I just about fell out of my bed laughing. :roflmao: :rofl: :roflmao:

!PapaCrunk81!
11-20-2004, 12:26 PM
I have it! It was all staged----Vince McMahon/WWE is helping out the NBA. THose "fans" were all plants and everything was carefully planned. Every last drop of liquid that was poured was craftfully staged and practiced. The ratings are going to sky rocket now since the NBA has really needed it. Yeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhh, it's all clear now. Now we just need some player to "allegedly" rape someone.
:goof: :goof: :goof: :goof: :goof:

gators910
11-20-2004, 01:47 PM
o,neal cant be that tough he sucker punched that little guy with everything he had and the man got up,,must be a puss just like all the other sissy pacer players :)

Shamboubou
11-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Oneal and Artest should be in jail right now. They are animals and what they did this night was a complete disgrace.
Dude act like your saying if your walking down the street and somebody throws a cup of beer in your face your not going to do anything. That is assult and he has the right to defened himself. He should get fined, but he should no have any criminal charges put against him.

Artest didnt even hit the guy when he went up in the stands, if you look at the tape he puts his hand in the guys face and push's him down, the some other idiot comes and throws a whole cup of beer on Artest when he is being held by like 5 guys, then Jackson punched that guy.

Same thing with O'Neal 2 guys where going after Artest so O'Neal knocked one of them out. Being from Indy nothing cool like that every happens here so it was pretty fun to watch I just hope that nobody really gets in big trouble for what happend, besides the fans that started it.

It'll Happen11
11-20-2004, 02:00 PM
anybody ahve a video link?

iDolFan
11-20-2004, 03:35 PM

infinsible has one right here, click on the word "link"

Fresh
11-20-2004, 05:15 PM

Oh yeah, a guy comes on the court and attacks a Pacers player, yet the players should be arrested? Please. I give JO props for sticking up for his teammate.

You come on the court in a threatening manner, you deserve ANYTHING that happens to you(even the very extreme). Streakers? Okay, they're not threatening anything but our eyes. But if you're going to come on the court in a threatening manner, you deserve anything that happens to you.

Fresh
11-20-2004, 05:17 PM
o,neal cant be that tough he sucker punched that little guy with everything he had and the man got up,,must be a puss just like all the other sissy pacer players :)

You mean the sissy Pistons fans who threw bottles at the players and the COACH?? Please.

Some of you are real morons(not singling anybody out because I'm not that stupid).

Fresh
11-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Ben Wallace started the whole thing. And the Pistons president is ****ing tool. He blamed it all on Artest and the Pacers. Maybe he should blame his classless fans for throwing **** and fighting with players.

If I were Artest....emtional, just been hit in the face by Wallance, and trying to calm down.......and I was just assulted like that, I'd have ran into the stands too. Maybe it wasn't the best decision. But he was trying to do the right thing. And when you're fired up like that, and somebody totally disrespects you as a human being, I think my emotions would have boiled over too.

And WTF were those fans doing on the court?? I'm glad O'Neal clocked that guy. I'm just mad he couldn't have hit both those guys. The guy O'Neal hit was actually a second fan who jumped on Artest from the side as he was fighting with the first guy. That guy deserved what he got. You don't run onto the court, period. That guy was looking for a fight. He took a cheap shot at Artest, he received a cheap shot from O'Neal.

As you may have read before, I'm not a fan of Ron Artest. But I am now. That guy was targeted. And he stood up for himself.

Did any of you see Jim Gray doing his reports last night?? It sounded like he was gonna cry. :lol:

And that pretty much sums this up in the best way possible.

Btw- I think I need a Stephen Jackson jersey...the man's CRAZY! Everybody loves JO's hit and other things. Me? I loved Stephen Jackson's actions. He went up there and knocked some random guy out, he was taking his jersey out of his pants on the court ready to fight, and when he headed into the locker room, he said, "TEAM WORK, B****, TEAM WORK!" :roflmao:

kud
11-20-2004, 05:24 PM

:lol:

Ok, but what about the random innocent fans Stephen Jackson and Artest were swinging on? If you come into the fan area and start hitting people, you better be prepared to have quite a few fans in on it hitting you too.

Also, normally a hard foul is just a hard foul. But when a guy like Artest does it(knowing his history of blowing his lid) it escalates much quicker than it normally would. He's laid hard, and even flagrant fouls on numerous players in the league(including Eddie Jones of the Heat last year in the playoffs). and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of Ron Artest. He should be kicked out of the league. Artest is a complete headcase.

The one fan that threw the cup at Artest was wrong. But it was even more wrong of the Pacers to jump into the stands hitting random people.

FinFan84
11-20-2004, 05:57 PM
I cant believe people are defending that sub-human pile of ****, ron artest. Big deal he got hit with some water. That is no reason to charge in the stands. This guy is a classless animal with no sense of deceny. Artest should be banned for life.

Conceal
11-20-2004, 06:16 PM
anyone have good pics of the fight??

tehMick
11-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Ditto.
Ben Wallace is a punk.
Oh yeah, check out the new title.

I lost all respect for B. Wallace.

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Ok, but what about the random innocent fans Stephen Jackson and Artest were swinging on? If you come into the fan area and start hitting people, you better be prepared to have quite a few fans in on it hitting you too.

Who said anything about Jackson?? I don't know if the guy he KO'd was innocent or not. But I'm not down on him for defending his teammate. Not when there's a whole bunch of fans and one teammate in the bunch.

As for Artest, maybe he got the wrong guy. Maybe the dude heckled him. I don't know. But you're not gonna convince me that what Artest did was wrong. Somebody degrades me like that (and I'm guessing the edge of the cup stung a little...which can make you irate real quick), I'm gonna want to rip his head off. And the guys he encountered on the court were anything but innocent, as were the people cheap-shotting him in the stands.

Also, normally a hard foul is just a hard foul. But when a guy like Artest does it(knowing his history of blowing his lid) it escalates much quicker than it normally would. He's laid hard, and even flagrant fouls on numerous players in the league(including Eddie Jones of the Heat last year in the playoffs). and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of Ron Artest. He should be kicked out of the league. Artest is a complete headcase.

Sure it was a hard foul. But it seems like it was Ben Wallace who lost his cool and kept this thing going. He shoved Artest. Then he kept going after him. Then he kept after him some more. Then he kept after him even more. Where's the knock on Wallace??

The one fan that threw the cup at Artest was wrong. But it was even more wrong of the Pacers to jump into the stands hitting random people.

I don't think they were "random people". They had their hands on Artest. Once that happens, they're involved.

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:15 PM

That guy didn't seem too tough when had his hands up in a "mercy" position with O'Neal standing over him. :lol: This after he tried double-teaming Artest with his boy.

O'Neal tattoo'd that guy. :eek:

tehMick
11-20-2004, 09:18 PM
He wasnt innocent.
When Jackson goes up there to help Artest pound on the white boy he throws a cup of whatever on Stephen Jackson and Artest.
So Stephen had to get real ignorant up in the piece.
Fo' Sho'
Who said anything about Jackson?? I don't know if the guy he KO'd was innocent or not. But I'm not down on him for defending his teammate. Not when there's a whole bunch of fans and one teammate in the bunch.

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:22 PM
He wasnt innocent.
When Jackson goes up there to help Artest pound on the white boy he throws a cup of whatever on Stephen Jackson and Artest.
So Stephen had to get real ignorant up in the piece.
Fo' Sho'

I noticed the drink. But not where it came from. Now, it sure does look like that dude threw the drink in Artest's face. If that's the case, he just got......

JACKED!!

UP!!

tehMick
11-20-2004, 09:25 PM
I can seriously watch that punch all day.
The one Jermaine landed on that fat f*ck.
Its so beautiful in its brutality.

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:26 PM
In the words of Edward Norton:

"I wanted to destroy something beautiful."

Same thing except that guy wasn't beautiful. And he wasn't innocent. Yeah.

Muck
11-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Jermaine didn't just land a hellafied blow.....he freaking slid in from 5 yards out.

BOOYAH!!

He's my new hero. Next time my old lady tries to order for me while I'm in the bathroom......it's JO time.

tehMick
11-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Hahahahahaha!
Yes!
Thats what ive been telling everyone.
He came running in and slid into it and to make it worse( or better :chuckle: ) he lands it as the guy is getting up.
I mean, that is as perfect as a punch can get.
Period.
:woot:

Jermaine didn't just land a hellafied blow.....he freaking slid in from 5 yards out.

BOOYAH!!

iDolFan
11-20-2004, 11:40 PM
I cant believe people are defending that sub-human pile of ****, ron artest. Big deal he got hit with some water. That is no reason to charge in the stands. This guy is a classless animal with no sense of deceny. Artest should be banned for life.your saying that if someone chuncked a big cup of beer(could have been some guys p!ss) in your face, you wouldn't do nothing to that guy? :roflmao: your sounding like you would rather run home and cry to mommy. Emotions and his adrenaline was probably going through the roof.

His body was in the "alarm phase" in which the body mobilizes to meet the immediate threat or any other stressor. this phase prepares to either attack or esacpe from danger.

If someone throws beer and chairs and popcorn and probably spits on you, you better do something about it. otherwise your weak, imo.

FinFan84
11-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Its a sad society people praising these lunatic players.

tehMick
11-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Its even sadder society when people think that by buying a ticket they have the right to take away other's humanity.

kud
11-21-2004, 12:26 AM
All I know is, after its all said and done, you don't go into the stands and hit fans. You are being just as classless as the fan who originally threw sh!t. How about you grow up Artest and let security take care of it?

As soon as Artest went into the stands and took a shot at a fan, he was fair game. Artest needs to just be happy that more than half the fans had emptied the building before the incident. If it hadn't, I'd think there would be a few injured pacer players.

I know if I was in the same situation at a Heat game, and I saw players jumping in the stands(especially Artest) like thugs hitting fellow fans, I'd be in on it too. Aside from that one fan, the Detroit fans had every right to attack. Not only were they defending themselves from a couple of 7 ft incredibly strong athletes, but they were defending eachother. I think that was the right thing to do.

MikeO
11-21-2004, 12:41 AM
Three things come out of this.......

1) Ron Artest is a jerk and should get a suspension that goes well into next year. He wasn't the ONLY guilty party, but he laying on the table is what started this mess.

2) NBA players on a whole are punks which the average fan can't relate too. When it was reported that at the Olympics that when the NBA players started mocking their USA teammates at the games, that the USA athletes banded together and rooted against the Mens USA hoops team.........that should tell you something. The people who play in the NBA (the majority, not all of course) are bad human beings.

3) This is why the NBA IS DEAD! Nobody cares about it. The league is ranked about 5th or 6th among all of the major sports behind Nascar and Golf now. It is a league of "gangsta's" and "thugs" which the average sports fan can't stomach to watch.

First off the average sports fan can't even attend an NBA game because of the prices of the tickets. And if you want a decent seat forget about you might as well take out a second mortage on your home. Then, what are you paying for? To watch a bunch of thugs and wanna-be gangsters who think they are all tough and bad because they got corn-rows and tattos play basketball badly?

The NBA is dead and as long as David Stern is going to let THUGS control his league like Ron Artest, Ben Wallace and these other high society types.......the fans aren't coming back.

MEMO TO DAVID STERN: You lost your NBC contract and now have all of your playoff games on cable except for the Finals. You are one step away from having the games tape delay like in the early 80's. The arena's are empty, fans don't care. Your sport is dying a FAST DEATH! Either clean up this joke of a league by throwing out the thugs and wanna-be badasses.....or be prepared to be the laughingstock of professional sports in America and be on the same par with Pro Wrestling and Roller Derby.

iDolFan
11-21-2004, 12:47 AM
All I know is, after its all said and done, you don't go into the stands and hit fans. You are being just as classless as the fan who originally threw sh!t. How about you grow up Artest and let security take care of it?

As soon as Artest went into the stands and took a shot at a fan, he was fair game. Artest needs to just be happy that more than half the fans had emptied the building before the incident. If it hadn't, I'd think there would be a few injured pacer players.

I know if I was in the same situation at a Heat game, and I saw players jumping in the stands(especially Artest) like thugs hitting fellow fans, I'd be in on it too. Aside from that one fan, the Detroit fans had every right to attack. Not only were they defending themselves from a couple of 7 ft incredibly strong athletes, but they were defending eachother. I think that was the right thing to do.

Well, what we can all agree on: it was a horrible sight, from ben wallace, to pacer players, to pistons fans :shakeno:

Everyone involved was in the wrong.....

(call me bias, but ben wallace/pistons should get much of the blame) (big ben started w/ the shove, and the pistons threw the objects)

but however, both parties, it was a disgusting and disgracefull sight, I really feel bad for that player's kid who was crying, that can really mess up a kid!

Man what is going on in sports??:confused: Clemson and s.carolina got into a big fight today too, then you have the oakland A's game when that chair hit the lady....and even miami and arizona got into a shouting match before the game 2 weeks ago! Something's really worng with this world:(

iDolFan
11-21-2004, 12:53 AM
3) This is why the NBA IS DEAD! Nobody cares about it. The league is ranked about 5th or 6th among all of the major sports behind Nascar and Golf now. It is a league of "gangsta's" and "thugs" which the average sports fan can't stomach to watch.

:roflmao: lmao! are you serious?!?!? or are those rankings what you think?

Even though with all this drama, I'd still put basketball at least 3rd, behind the nfl and college football

MikeO
11-21-2004, 12:54 AM

Even though with all this drama, I'd still put basketball at least 3rd, behind the nfl and college football
TV ratings. Look at the TV ratings. NFL, Nascar, MLB, Golf all draw higher ratings than the NBA!

The numbers don't lie!

tehMick
11-21-2004, 01:08 AM
You keep telling yourself that dolphinizzle.
After a couple of drinks, you might end of believing it.
Just like the jackass detroit piston fans.
I know if I was in the same situation at a Heat game, and I saw players jumping in the stands(especially Artest) like thugs hitting fellow fans, I'd be in on it too.

kud
11-21-2004, 01:43 AM
You keep telling yourself that dolphinizzle.
After a couple of drinks, you might end of believing it.
Just like the jackass detroit piston fans.

Are you saying you wouldn't do the same?
There's a word we have for people like that. Pu$$y!!

tehMick
11-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Theres a word we have for people like you.
Well, actually three:
Delusions of grandeur.

Are you saying you wouldn't do the same?
There's a word we have for people like that. Pu$$y!!

Fresh
11-21-2004, 03:28 AM
I cant believe people are defending that sub-human pile of ****, ron artest. Big deal he got hit with some water. That is no reason to charge in the stands. This guy is a classless animal with no sense of deceny. Artest should be banned for life.

He got hit in the mouth with a bottle and wasn't doing anything to get hit(he was calmly laying there). If you wouldn't react to something like that, you're probably what Dolphinizzle said.

Fresh
11-21-2004, 03:32 AM

Yeah, I hate when people

Just because you can't hang in a tough neighborhood, doesn't make the players who came from there "thugs" and "gangstas". Get the hell outta here with that bull.

1.NFL & NBA
2.NCAA Football
3.MLB(which is a sport where I only watch the playoffs)

..that's it for me.

ohall
11-21-2004, 03:40 AM
The players is why this got out of hand. Artest never should have gone into the stands. As soon as he did that he was in the wrong period. There's a reason why they get paid so much $. They have to be above something like that. Plus he didn't see who threw the cup in the 1st place. He was looking the other way when it hit him.

The fans that tried to act like rap stars at a so called awards show once the players got into the stands are just as wrong, but they didn't start it, Artest did.

What's amazing to me is how so much voilence has been breaking out in sporting events lately. Whatever happened to turning the other cheek? Couldn't Artest simply have not run into the stands and asked security to their jobs rather than going into the stands and assaulting innocent ppl that prob didn't throw anything at him? Couldn't the NCAA football players that were trying out for the Jerry Springer show today have stopped 1 minute into it rather than 10 minutes into it?

Simply incredible as far as I'm concerned.

ohall
11-21-2004, 03:45 AM
He got hit in the mouth with a bottle and wasn't doing anything to get hit(he was calmly laying there). If you wouldn't react to something like that, you're probably what Dolphinizzle said.

Pardon, but what the hell was he doing laying down on that table? Was he seeking therapy? Seriously he's out of his mind in the 1st place. The guy is 1 one oz. short of an 40 oz.

The guy is going to be millions of dollars poorer and he'll prob end up serving hard time for his assault on the innocent ppl he assaulted in the stands. He went after them, they didn't go after him. Throwing a cup is not an open invitation to go and assault someone that may or may not have thrown that cup. That is why we have the rule of law and why they had security and Police in the building. What he needed to do was wait for security to get the person who threw the cup rather than trying to show everyone he is all hard and stuff. The guy can't even throw a manly punch as far as I can see.

The only guy there that looked he had ever been in a fight before was Jackson from the Pacers. He knows how to throw a manly punch. Not those powder puff jabs Artest was attempting to throw.

Fresh
11-21-2004, 03:50 AM
Pardon, but what the hell was he doing laying down on that table? Was he seeking therapy? Seriously he's out of his mind in the 1st place. The guy is 1 one oz. short of an 40 oz.

Because he knew that if he was standing there in the middle of that crap he would've got into it with Big Ben, who is the biggest b*tch in the NBA. What do you want him to do, go in the locker room? You want him to go in the locker room when there's still time on the clock?

If you even paid attention to the video, you'd see REGGIE MILLER holding Artest down by the chest, as he laid on the table.

kud
11-21-2004, 03:57 AM
Theres a word we have for people like you.
Well, actually three:
Delusions of grandeur.

:shakeno:
lol, how do you come to that conclusion from me saying I would defend myself and/or others? Just because you would shy away from confrontation if you were in the same situation as these pistons fans, doesn't mean everyone would. The Pistons fans got involved once the players entered their realm, as they had every right to do so.

tehMick
11-21-2004, 04:06 AM
You didnt say you would defend yourself.
You said you wouldve started fighting the athletes if you saw them hitting other fans.
Which i personally think is a ghey thing to do.
Dont raise up on a person within a crowd of people that you wouldnt raise up on one on one in the street.
But hey, thats just me.

kud
11-21-2004, 06:06 AM
You didnt say you would defend yourself.
You said you wouldve started fighting the athletes if you saw them hitting other fans.

According to what I saw they swung on multiple people, not just one. Therefore they were physically attacking the fans as a whole, and not just one guy. Thus, inviting the fans to fight back.

Dont raise up on a person within a crowd of people that you wouldnt raise up on one on one in the street.
But hey, thats just me..

Simply put... The fans were provoked.

Had Mr. Artest shown a little class(which he is obviously incapable of) and let the security do their job when the cup was thrown, instead of jumping into the stands like a crazed animal, this whole thing wouldn't have happened.

inFINSible
11-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Artest and O'neal and Jackson should all face charges....And then the NBA should do what the NHL did, Cancel itself.

inFINSible
11-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Are you going to tell me that you didn't see Artest kicking his feet up "lounging" on the table?

You gonna let me do that in your house?

inFINSible
11-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Ron Artest, last week, saying he needs a month off, in the middle of the season, to work on his rap album....."I've been doing a little bit too much music, just needed the rest. I've still got my album coming out Nov. 23. After the album comes out I'm going to make sure all of my time is focused on winning a championship.''

:roflmao: :roflmao: Funniest quote evar!!

I guess while he was laying there on the scorers' table, he had an epiphany... :roflmao: :roflmao:

inFINSible
11-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Everything seemed to be calming down when someone threw a full cup on Artest, who was inexplicably lying on the scorer's table, and that's when everything went to hell.

in·ex·pli·ca·ble Audio pronunciation of "inexplicably" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-kspl-k-bl, nk-splk-bl)
adj.

Difficult or impossible to explain or account for.

!PapaCrunk81!
11-21-2004, 09:43 AM
What I'm wondering is how the heck did Artest see which guy threw the cup in the 1st place from the angle he was laying at? Maybe he wanted to shove the whitest white guy around? Maybe the guy that got shoved was saying, 'hey look at me "I" threw that cup Ronnie.' Maybe the guy that got shoved had won a "Assault and NBA player, Get Assaulted Back" radio contest. Did anyone see the "oh ****" look on that guy's face? That was about the funniest part until it turned into a big brouhaha. I really think they need to make some new bracelets: "WWMJD" and give to all of the players. (pre-Wizards MJ :))

MikeO
11-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I hate when people

Just because you can't hang in a tough neighborhood, doesn't make the players who came from there "thugs" and "gangstas". Get the hell outta here with that bull.

.No, they are THUGS and GANGSTAS.

Jason Williams shoots and kills someone
Kobe rapes an underage girl
A bunch of these guys have made BAD rap albums
Jason Kidd beats his wife
The entire Portland Trailblazers team of a few years ago
Damon Stoudalmire gets caught with weed once a month it seems
Vernon Maxwell attacks a fan a few years back
Rodman kicks a reporter in the nuts a few years back
Sprewell choking his coach

Nobody is watching this crap. ESPN gets as high of a rating for Bowling and Poker as it does for an NBA game. The arenas are empty because "white america" won't go and watch these THUGS play basketball badly. The NBA as turned into a street ball league being played by a bunch of THUGS and nobody cares anymore.

David Stern has run the league into the ground, its time for him to clean it up.

Ron Artest and Jermain O'Neal should get the NBA DEATH PENALTY and be suspended for the rest of the season. Period, end of story. No debate.

CirclingWagons
11-21-2004, 12:26 PM
I don't see where the argument is...even before this fight Artest was a bum.

CirclingWagons
11-21-2004, 12:30 PM
No, they are THUGS and GANGSTAS.

Nobody is watching this crap. ESPN gets as high of a rating for Bowling and Poker as it does for an NBA game. The arenas are empty because "white america" won't go and watch these THUGS play basketball badly. The NBA as turned into a street ball league being played by a bunch of THUGS and nobody cares anymore.

David Stern has run the league into the ground, its time for him to clean it up.

Ron Artest and Jermain O'Neal should get the NBA DEATH PENALTY and be suspended for the rest of the season. Period, end of story. No debate.

Excellent :clap:

The NBA as turned into a street ball league being played by a bunch of THUGS

There is not a truer statement than that. Just look at what happened in the Olympics. All they could do was cross-overs, one-on-ones, and dunks. They got their asses kicked, and deservedly so.

FIN-IN-RI
11-21-2004, 12:43 PM
I don't see where the argument is...even before this fight Artest was a bum.
:stupid: He deseves a year and so does Oneal.

Fresh
11-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Are you going to tell me that you didn't see Artest kicking his feet up "lounging" on the table?

You gonna let me do that in your house?

That gives the fan a right to throw a bottle at him? Like I said, Reggie Miller was holding him down and he was calm. If anything, he was disrespecting Ben Wallace, not the terrible, sick, and disgusting fans of Detroit who should all be sent to hell(excluding those who didn't throw things). You throw a bottle and hit me in the face, I'm probably gonna beat the sh*t out of you, and I think this goes for most people here.

Fresh
11-21-2004, 03:17 PM
No, they are THUGS and GANGSTAS.

LOL, as much as I hate Kobe...I highly doubt he raped that girl, and he was freed of all charges to begin with. How does making a rap album make you a "thug" or "gangsta"? Yet, you fail to mention Ray Lewis' murder trial, all of the players in the NFL who violate the rules with drugs and alchohol, and the 100 other issues with the NFL and every other sport. You have some serious issues that you need to solve.

Oh, and "white America" can go to hell(don't take that as a racist statement, YOU brought it onto yourself). Who cares what "white America" likes? I could care less. I love basketball and I love the NBA.

MikeO
11-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Oh, and "white America" can go to hell(don't take that as a racist statement, YOU brought it onto yourself). Who cares what "white America" likes? I could care less. I love basketball and I love the NBA.
LOL.......No, that's a racist comment. And you can feel that way and I do take it as a racist comment.

You can love the NBA also, but you are in the minority. As I said.....check the TV ratings. Poker and Bowling draw a higher number on ESPN than the NBA does.

The NBA is dying a slow and painful death.

Prime Time
11-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I hate when people

What does him being able to hang in a "tough" neighborhood have anything to do with the discussion?

You seem very eager to blame Wallace and Detroit. The players are at fault here. Artest, O'Neal, Jackson, anyone and everyone who was there. You as a player do not go into the stands...NO MATTER WHAT. Players get stuff thrown at them all the time. That gives Artest no right to jump into the crowd. Players fight with players every season in every sport, so Artest and Wallace get each other heated was nothing out of the ordinary. That would have been taken care of itself.

Artest lied down and got something thrown at him..so what?! Let the Police take care of it. Why go up there? That just caused more chaos. That is when fans saw the chance to run onto the field and be "up and close" with their fav. players. Artest has no excuse for his actions. None what so ever. Neither does O'Neal and Jackson. You don't go into the stands and hit the public. Now If someone comes on the court trying to assault you, that is where I think it is okay to take action. BUT, fans would have never gotten on the court had Mr. Artest jumped up to hit that man.

Let me ask you this Muck, or X-Con or anyone else who is on the side of Artest. What If you and your son went to a game and the man seated next to you threw a coke at Artest and Artest jumped over and hit you because he "assumed" you threw it? How would you feel? Would you stand there and let a man try and knock you out? I don't know If the man was innocent or not, but If he is innocent then he should sue the NBA and Artest. What the Pacer Players did was disgusting and unprofessional. Everyone deserves what they got especially Artest (who I am a fan of because of how he plays).

Bodzilla29
11-21-2004, 11:34 PM
The Pistons should ban every single fan that was involved(throwing punches, drinks, or chairs) for life. Every fan that showered Indiana with beer should be gone for good, never allowed in an nba arena, ever.

Farkin hilarious brawl.

ocdfinsfan
11-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Hey at least Artest got what he wanted... Time to promote his cd... YOU RON ARE A MORON!

Fresh
11-22-2004, 12:57 AM
LOL.......No, that's a racist comment. And you can feel that way and I do take it as a racist comment.

Honestly, you can take it as a racist comment. I don't care.

Basically, what you're saying is: "The NBA sucks because 'white America' doesn't care for it". Who gives a damn what "White America" cares for? Am I apart of white America? NO. Think before you speak.

CirclingWagons
11-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Stern got it right this time :)

ohall
11-22-2004, 01:11 AM
Because he knew that if he was standing there in the middle of that crap he would've got into it with Big Ben, who is the biggest b*tch in the NBA. What do you want him to do, go in the locker room? You want him to go in the locker room when there's still time on the clock?

If you even paid attention to the video, you'd see REGGIE MILLER holding Artest down by the chest, as he laid on the table.

So why was he laying on the table again, because 8 ppl were holding Ben Wallace back? Sorry I think we can all agree Artest is simply crazy, and is in need of psychological help. Either that or 1 year in a military school.

Biggest b!tch? Oh my, yea they are all millionaires but they need to worry about being all hard and stuff. The rap mentality is ruining this nation and it was on exhibit for all to see when this took place. When millionaire basketball players want to show the world they are all hard and stuff. Something is just wrong with that. It is not civilized.

MikeO
11-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Honestly, you can take it as a racist comment. I don't care.

Basically, what you're saying is: "The NBA sucks because 'white America' doesn't care for it". Who gives a damn what "White America" cares for? Am I apart of white America? NO. Think before you speak.Now go make your little star trek hand gestures and go proclaim WEST COAST or EAST COAST or Wu-Tang or whatever you do and keep living in that fantasy world of the PHONY TOUGH and CRAZY BRAVE!

I said that the NBA sucks because it has a bunch of thugs and gangstas on the court which people won't support.

There is a reason why a couple years back the NBA Conference Finals were on NBC (a network) and now they are being played on cable late late late at night. Nobody cares anymore about the NBA. Nobody wants to watch and cheer or support THUGS, GANGSTAS, and CRIMINALS! Just all around bad human beings!

MikeO
11-22-2004, 01:17 AM
So why was he laying on the table again, because 8 ppl were holding Ben Wallace back? Sorry I think we can all agree Artest is simply crazy, and is in need of psychological help. Either that or 1 year in a military school.

Biggest b!tch? Oh my, yea they are all millionaires but they need to worry about being all hard and stuff. The rap mentality is ruining this nation and it was on exhibit for all to see when this took place. When millionaire basketball players want to show the world they are all hard and stuff. Something is just wrong with that. It is not civilized.
Artest is no man.......he's a boy. A child. And uneducated fool.

Another one of these guys who thinks because he can walk with a fake limp, put in a gold tooth, and talk with incorrect grammer that he is somehow......"cool" and a "badass"

If Artest is so tough and wants to fight so much, hey........he has a year off why not go fight for your country in Iraq. Oh wait, that would take balls something a little Bit#h like Artest doesn't have.

Notice how Artest was rational enough and calm enough NOT to fight Wallace. But now is claiming he was provoked by the fan!!! IDIOT! He must think we are all idiots like himself. What happened Ron........Ben Wallace didn't provoke you? lol, sorry bad excuse. Try again Ronnie boy.

ohall
11-22-2004, 01:24 AM
Now go make your little star trek hand gestures and go proclaim WEST COAST or EAST COAST or Wu-Tang or whatever you do and keep living in that fantasy world of the PHONY TOUGH and CRAZY BRAVE!

I said that the NBA sucks because it has a bunch of thugs and gangstas on the court which people won't support.

There is a reason why a couple years back the NBA Conference Finals were on NBC (a network) and now they are being played on cable late late late at night. Nobody cares anymore about the NBA. Nobody wants to watch and cheer or support THUGS, GANGSTAS, and CRIMINALS! Just all around bad human beings!

I agree with the last paragraph deeply. The NBA IMO is reaping what they have sewn. They embraced the rap mentality and everything that comes along with that about 7 years ago.

When you embrace a culture that glorifies in most cases the gang mentality they should not be shocked what took place the other night. They are just one part of the problem. Our society in general is less civilized and we are all paying for that on a daily basis. I hope this will be a wake up call to most ppl.

tehMick
11-22-2004, 01:26 AM
:m83: David Stern

Fresh
11-22-2004, 01:40 AM

The funny thing is...all you whine about is how much you HATE the NBA, yet you're in this thread discussing a current NBA issue? Why? Why do you care? Why did you care to follow the incident? Something's strange there...

MikeO
11-22-2004, 01:42 AM
The funny thing is...all you whine about is how much you HATE the NBA, yet you're in this thread discussing a current NBA issue? Why? Why do you care? Why did you care to follow the incident? Something's strange there...
Because I am a FAN of basketball. And I would LOVE to be a fan of the NBA again. I wish the NBA would turn itself around.

College hoops is nice and fun to watch. But I really wish I could be a FAN of the NBA.

Fresh
11-22-2004, 01:43 AM
They embraced the rap mentality.

Umm, no. It just so happens that the skilled players around the globe(basketball-wise) "embrace the rap mentality". What do you want the NBA to do? You don't want Stern to allow players in the league who "embrace the rap mentality"? If so, basically you want to watch a sport being played by a bunch of stiffs. Hats off to your and your likings.. :shakeno:

ohall
11-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Because I am a FAN of basketball. And I would LOVE to be a fan of the NBA again. I wish the NBA would turn itself around.

College hoops is nice and fun to watch. But I really wish I could be a FAN of the NBA.

Same here. I only started keeping up with it again when they Heat started doing well last year. If the Heat is not on I could really care less. That was not the case 7 years ago for me. I would watch NBA basketball as much as I could back then. It was a better game back then.

MikeO
11-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Umm, no. It just so happens that the skilled players around the globe(basketball-wise) "embrace the rap mentality". What do you want the NBA to do? You don't want Stern to allow players in the league who "embrace the rap mentality"? If so, basically you want to watch a sport being played by a bunch of stiffs. Hats off to your and your likings.. :shakeno:
LOL......that's why we got the BRONZE in the Olympics! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

MikeO
11-22-2004, 01:46 AM
Same here. I only started keeping up with it again when they Heat started doing well last year. If the Heat is not on I could really care less. That was not the case 7 years ago for me. I would watch NBA basketball as much as I could back then. It was a better game back then.
Same here with me and the Knicks. Once Isiah took over last year I started paying closer attention to the Knicks and the NBA. But really, if its not a Knicks game....I could care less.

I will also watch the Nuggets and Carmelo since I am a Syracuse guy. But if its not one of those two teams on, I could really care less.

David Stern did a HUGE thing today in winning me back. Getting rid of that bum Artest for the season showed me something. Im one small step closer to returning to being an NBA fan on a full time basis.

Fresh
11-22-2004, 01:49 AM
I would watch NBA basketball as much as I could back then. It was a better game back then.

That's just what I don't understand. Personally, I could care less what the NBA "embraces". All I know is that the most talented basketball players around the globe are in the NBA. And with me being a huge fan of basketball and someone who plays so much, I have to love the game. I don't care about what people proclaim certain players as.

Look at the NFL...you have a player who was on trial for murder a few years ago and eventually winds up as the trademark defensive player for the NFL. :shakeno:

MikeO
11-22-2004, 01:51 AM
That's just what I don't understand. Personally, I could care less what the NBA "embraces". All I know is that the most talented basketball players around the globe are in the NBA. And with me being a huge fan of basketball and someone who plays so much, I have to love the game. I don't care about what people proclaim certain players as.

Look at the NFL...you have a player who was on trial for murder a few years ago and eventually winds up as the trademark defensive player for the NFL. :shakeno:
With the NFL that was ONE guy! ONE! Just one!

In the NBA incidents like this pop up every week. Whether its Sprewell, Stoudlimer, Jason Williams, Kobe....etc

And the most talented basketball players in the WORLD aren't in the NBA. Bronze medal......SCOREBOARD!

Fresh
11-22-2004, 01:52 AM
David Stern did a HUGE thing today in winning me back. Getting rid of that bum Artest for the season showed me something. Im one small step closer to returning to being an NBA fan on a full time basis.

I can't be too upset about the 1-year suspension, because I am a Heat fan. If you look at my Artest thread, I hated on the guy like hell just last week. I'm not denying the fact that Artest is a CRAZY human being, in fact, I agree with that statement(and said this in my thread last week, which is still on page 1 here). I just have his back for going into the stands and showing that he isn't taking a bottle to the mouth from anybody. You can like it or love it, but me? I loved it. :yes:

tehMick
11-22-2004, 01:53 AM
:beerbang:
I posted in your other thread X-Con.
I think youll agree with me on my rant.
I can't be too upset about the 1-year suspension, because I am a Heat fan. If you look at my Artest thread, I hated on the guy like hell just last week. I'm not denying the fact that Artest is a CRAZY human being, in fact, I agree with that statement(and said this in my thread last week, which is still on page 1 here). I just have his back for going into the stands and showing that he isn't taking a bottle to the mouth from anybody. You can like it or love it, but me? I loved it. :yes:

ohall
11-22-2004, 01:54 AM

The only thing Sterm can control is the type of advertising and core group they are going to sell the game to. He made a decision to sell the NBA to the rap culture some years ago. At one point it was not the mainstream focus of the NBA but it most certainly has become that. I hope he has learned from his mistake. IMO this is the one of the reasons the game has been on a steady decline for 10-years now.

The otehr main reason is the scoring in the games has gone down significantly. I believe they need to take away the dunk as the main focus of the game and return the game to its glory days when every game use to be 200 plus point games. You would even get 300 point games from time to time. Now that is fun to watch IMO. A lot more fun than watching a basketball player always trying to dunk on someone else.

Yea my likings have a good history. A history of when the game had some respect, when the game was never more popular and the focus of the game was scoring points not scoring on someone. Think about it.

Fresh
11-22-2004, 01:54 AM
With the NFL that was ONE guy! ONE! Just one!

In the NBA incidents like this pop up every week. Whether its Sprewell, Stoudlimer, Jason Williams, Kobe....etc

And the most talented basketball players in the WORLD aren't in the NBA. Bronze medal......SCOREBOARD!

There are many more incidents in the NFL than Ray Lewis. OJ Simpson? Ray Carruth? There are also many small drug altercations like Ricky Williams and Onterrio Smith.

As for team USA, that's because most of the stars in the league didn't care to play, which IS a problem. Come on now, as much as LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are TEARING up the league this year...those 2, along with Carmelo Anthony had no business on Team USA last year. Richard Jefferson? You gotta be kidding me! The best in the league did not play.

ohall
11-22-2004, 01:55 AM
Same here with me and the Knicks. Once Isiah took over last year I started paying closer attention to the Knicks and the NBA. But really, if its not a Knicks game....I could care less.

I will also watch the Nuggets and Carmelo since I am a Syracuse guy. But if its not one of those two teams on, I could really care less.

I like Carmelo he's a class guy, or at least he seems so.

MikeO
11-22-2004, 01:57 AM
He was a classy guy at Syracuse. If the NBA culture changes him.......hey don't blame that on us! :rolleyes:

Fresh
11-22-2004, 01:57 AM

You know that Melo just got out of a situation where he was involved with drug charges right? His "friend" apparently left the weed in CARMELO's bags. :shakeno:

MikeO
11-22-2004, 01:58 AM
You know that Melo just got out of a situation where he was involved with drug charges right? His "friend" apparently left the weed in CARMELO's bags. :shakeno:
Yep and it was another black eye for the NBA. He got off, but the image is tarnished.

ohall
11-22-2004, 02:02 AM

Sports in general has serious issues with this type of thing. Look at the fights that took place a week ago in the NFL and this week in the NCAA. Crazy stuff. I heard one the guys who was involved in the South Carolina fight in the NCAA say it's not like we went into the stands like Artest did. What happened today with us was really nothing. They spent 10 minutes beating each other while totally ignoring the Police that were on the field. Incredible stuff.

I also think the fans in general are less respectful and have a total lack of respect in general to all athletes. There has been a cultural change in this country the last 15-years or so and we as a society have to try and deal with this and make the correction to stop the bleeding so to speak.

Fresh
11-22-2004, 02:03 AM
Yep and it was another black eye for the NBA. He got off, but the image is tarnished.

I've always been a Melo fan even though I think he's one of the most overrated young players in the NBA. But Melo really doesn't come off as a classy guy to me. I mean, why lend a weed smoker your bag? Did you lend it to him so he can go buy/sell drugs and use the bag in the process? I don't think Melo's stupidity in this case had much to do with the NBA.

ohall
11-22-2004, 02:04 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Fresh
11-22-2004, 02:05 AM
Sports in general has serious issues with this type of thing. Look at the fights that took place a week ago in the NFL and this week in the NCAA. Crazy stuff. I heard one the guys who was involved in the South Carolina fight in the NCAA say it's not like we went into the stands like Artest did. What happened today with us was really nothing. They spent 10 minutes beating each other while totally ignoring the Police that were on the field. Incredible stuff.

I also think the fans in general are less respectful and have a total lack of respect in general to all athletes. There has been a cultural change in this country the last 15-years or so and we as a society have to try and deal with this and make the correction to stop the bleeding so to speak.

That is something that I can definately agree about. I just can't agree with you when you're making it seem as if the NBA is just terrible and other leagues are fine.

VJ1252
11-22-2004, 03:46 AM
The only thing Sterm can control is the type of advertising and core group they are going to sell the game to. He made a decision to sell the NBA to the rap culture some years ago. At one point it was not the mainstream focus of the NBA but it most certainly has become that. I hope he has learned from his mistake. IMO this is the one of the reasons the game has been on a steady decline for 10-years now.

The otehr main reason is the scoring in the games has gone down significantly. I believe they need to take away the dunk as the main focus of the game and return the game to its glory days when every game use to be 200 plus point games. You would even get 300 point games from time to time. Now that is fun to watch IMO. A lot more fun than watching a basketball player always trying to dunk on someone else.

Yea my likings have a good history. A history of when the game had some respect, when the game was never more popular and the focus of the game was scoring points not scoring on someone. Think about it.
I dont think the NBA and david stern has made a conscious attempt to sell the NBA to the rap culture. Basketball is very popular in the black community so it makes sense that they would like the NBA. Stern is a smart man and realizes he needs to appeal to mainstream america for the league to be succeed financially.

tehMick
11-22-2004, 03:48 AM
Great article by LeBastard regarding the incident:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/columnists/dan_le_batard/10237245.htm

nick1
11-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Artest is stupid, he thinks he is a bad@ss but he isn't

MikeO
11-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Great article by LeBastard regarding the incident:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/columnists/dan_le_batard/10237245.htm
:yes:Shocking. The guy who defended Ricky and bashed the fans for being upset when Ricky walked out in that whole mess bashes the fans again in this situation. :shakeno:

All LeBatard does is write about how sports is so bad and how fans are idiots.........why doesnt' he find a new job then if sports sucks!

Fresh
11-22-2004, 05:41 PM
I dont think the NBA and david stern has made a conscious attempt to sell the NBA to the rap culture. Basketball is very popular in the black community so it makes sense that they would like the NBA. Stern is a smart man and realizes he needs to appeal to mainstream america for the league to be succeed financially.

What does the "black community" have to do with any of this? Hey man, don't blame us for being athletic and actually knowing how to play ball. :shakeno:

You guys make it sound like blacks overpopulating the NBA is a bad thing, when in reality...if another race overpopulated the NBA, it wouldn't be nearly as good or nearly as competitive. Again, don't take that as a racist comment...because you can turn around and make a similar comment about hockey. I'm speaking the truth. And even Larry Bird said this over the summer.

VJ1252
11-22-2004, 08:56 PM
What does the "black community" have to do with any of this? Hey man, don't blame us for being athletic and actually knowing how to play ball. :shakeno:

You guys make it sound like blacks overpopulating the NBA is a bad thing, when in reality...if another race overpopulated the NBA, it wouldn't be nearly as good or nearly as competitive. Again, don't take that as a racist comment...because you can turn around and make a similar comment about hockey. I'm speaking the truth. And even Larry Bird said this over the summer.
How did I make it sound like that is a bad thing?

Prime Time
11-24-2004, 08:09 AM
X-Con...face facts, NBA is in trouble. The league is being run terribly and that is why barely anyone watches games anymore. Yes the NFL has Ray Lewis etc. but the NFL is being run a lot better and therefore has more success. Even Baseball is being run better than the NBA. Hockey...well that is just a disgrace :lol:. I think Hockey is the only thing being run worse than the NBA which doesn't say much. The NBA needs to step it up and change the way things are being run. If that means a new commish, so be it. Things have to change.

iceblizzard69
11-24-2004, 11:37 AM
. Even Baseball is being run better than the NBA.

Uhhh, no.

I'm not saying the NBA is in great shape, but the MLB is horribly run. There is no competitive balance, and only a few teams are able to put people in seats.

And I hope your sig is a joke regarding the person on the right.

Prime Time
11-26-2004, 02:26 AM
:rolleyes: Yet the MLB is gaining more exposure because of the rising popularity. NBA is on the same level year in and year out.

iceblizzard69
11-26-2004, 10:24 AM
:rolleyes: Yet the MLB is gaining more exposure because of the rising popularity. NBA is on the same level year in and year out.

The MLB isn't getting more popular. They have a big story once in a while (such as the Red Sox winning) but a lot of the teams can't sell any seats at all. The Yankees and Red Sox have no trouble putting people in seats, but teams like the Royals do.

The only thing the MLB can do to put people in seats is to build new stadiums, but the effect of doing that dies down after a while. Some fanbases are going to always show up, but some others aren't. The Marlins can sell tons of tickets when they are in the playoffs, but when it is the regular season, you won't even find 10,000 people at the game.

Fresh
11-28-2004, 02:47 PM
LOL, who really gives a damn about the MLB?

Oh wait, is it the "Uncle Tom" reporter who interviewed Milton Bradley?? :lol:

Prime Time
12-03-2004, 12:36 AM
The MLB isn't getting more popular. They have a big story once in a while (such as the Red Sox winning) but a lot of the teams can't sell any seats at all. The Yankees and Red Sox have no trouble putting people in seats, but teams like the Royals do.

The only thing the MLB can do to put people in seats is to build new stadiums, but the effect of doing that dies down after a while. Some fanbases are going to always show up, but some others aren't. The Marlins can sell tons of tickets when they are in the playoffs, but when it is the regular season, you won't even find 10,000 people at the game.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about because I went to numerous games last season and the avreage attendance went up. It was around 17K. The average for the games I went to is probably 20 K. The MLB..in my opinion is being run a lot better then the NBA. NBA is out of control. The quality of play also is what I am referring to.

VJ1252
12-03-2004, 06:12 PM
You obviously do not know what you are talking about because I went to numerous games last season and the avreage attendance went up. It was around 17K. The average for the games I went to is probably 20 K. The MLB..in my opinion is being run a lot better then the NBA. NBA is out of control. The quality of play also is what I am referring to.
yea the quality of play in the MLB is really great with players on roids

Fresh
12-03-2004, 10:00 PM
yea the quality of play in the MLB is really great with players on roids

That's exactly what I was thinking...