PDA

View Full Version : U2/snl

!PapaCrunk81!
11-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Some of you will have to forgive me, since I'm an extremely huge U2 fan, but did anyone catch their performance on SNL? I'm glad I TIVO'd it so I can later burn it onto a DVD, w/ some other TIVO'd U2 stuff, but it was an awesome set from the Irish. Usually peeps usually just do 2 songs, but the last time they were on SNL, they broke the 2 song barrier and got 3 in. As well as last night. Of course they did their single Vertigo, and another song from the new cd (out this Tuesday :)) but at the end of the show, they went back and played 'I Will Follow,' (personal favorite), Bono went into the crowd, giving some lap lovin to a blonde chick, then at the end he went over to the assembled SNL cast and kept on singing. Some of the female SNLers had tears in the eyes (I Will Follow, not a slow sad song,) and as the credits were winding down, Bono asked the crowd if they wanted another song. Piss off Ashlee Simpson and your manufactured crap.

Muck
11-21-2004, 01:07 PM
Damn, I missed that too.

I fell asleep early last night and missed everything. Second half of UF-FSU, Winky-Shane fight, U2 on SNL....dammit.

Noodle Arm
11-21-2004, 02:38 PM
AHHHH I'm pissed now!! I watched the show (which was horrible btw, worst episode of this seaon) and shut it off after the last sketch thinking that they'd just do the usual "goodbyes" and that's it. I didn't think they'd sing another song blah!! On a sidenote Rolling Stone gave the new album 4 stars.

Martel
11-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Man, that ending was amazing. Definitely a great TV moment. The set turned into a rock concert. Maya Rudolph was crying, Amy Poehler was about to pass out!

finataxia24
11-22-2004, 06:57 PM
great show

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2004/11/B0006399FS01LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg