PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney (sp?) to be super bowl halftime show entertainment

jville_fin
11-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Sorry If yall already knew but I was just watching fox pregame show and they announced that it would be him. Im wondering what you think of this. I think that it would be a good show. Even though Im not part of the generation that grew up listening to that music.

CirclingWagons
11-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Great news.
Real music will actually be played this year

Noodle Arm
11-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Well the NFL is playing it safe after this years halftime debacle...unless McCartney plans on showing his right breast.

Scrap
11-21-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't understand how Paul McFartney ever gets much publicity anymore. Who cares what he did infinity years ago? I would rather listen to someone who's pumping out the hits now. That, or one who is willing to show her tits like Janet did. We can only dread seeing that from Paul McFartney.

iceblizzard69
11-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Bring in the Rolling Stones and you can have a halftime show full of performers who should have retired 15 years ago!

I would love to see a halftime show with bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Foo Fighters, but the NFL would never do something like that. Instead we stuck with some pop BS.

Dolphin1184
11-27-2004, 04:31 PM
I don't understand how Paul McFartney ever gets much publicity anymore. Who cares what he did infinity years ago? I would rather listen to someone who's pumping out the hits now. That, or one who is willing to show her tits like Janet did. We can only dread seeing that from Paul McFartney. Ah so you are into fads and not good music?

Anyway it is great to see some good music for a change.

Jwcolour
11-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Bring in the Rolling Stones and you can have a halftime show full of performers who should have retired 15 years ago!

I would love to see a halftime show with bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Foo Fighters, but the NFL would never do something like that. Instead we stuck with some pop BS.

Amen to that the Foo Fighters rock balls

Jwcolour
11-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Ah so you are into fads and not good music?

Anyway it is great to see some good music for a change.

I doubt he'll play any old tunes, its hard to say wether his new music is actually good.

jtown777
11-29-2004, 10:56 PM
It's pretty weak if you ask me. What? Is the NFL doing this as an apology to the "offended" old folks who made such a huge deal over a nasty looking boob that never even showed a nipple? Why not just stick Tony Bennet out there instead or Kenny f'n G. What a joke. I thought he (Paul M) was anti-animal cruelty anyway. What does he think the football is made out of? PLEATHER? :rolleyes:

Dolphin1184
11-30-2004, 01:58 AM
I doubt he'll play any old tunes, its hard to say wether his new music is actually good.
Good point. We shall see. He has always been known as a goodsongwriter. Maybe he will throw in one of his old tunes if he sings more than one.

fins
11-30-2004, 11:32 AM
what a bore, they should have like AC/DC and Lynyrd Skynyrd, those bands scream football :cooldude:

Sorry If yall already knew but I was just watching fox pregame show and they announced that it would be him. Im wondering what you think of this. I think that it would be a good show. Even though Im not part of the generation that grew up listening to that music.

inFINSible
11-30-2004, 01:43 PM
So, what's on MTV at halftime?

jville_fin
11-30-2004, 08:49 PM
If the lingerie (sp?) bowl is on again, will you guys order it...I would tell my friend to order it and watch it their house. Maybe we'll see some more boobies in that halftime show.

Boone
12-01-2004, 03:04 AM
It's pretty weak if you ask me. What? Is the NFL doing this as an apology to the "offended" old folks who made such a huge deal over a nasty looking boob that never even showed a nipple? Why not just stick Tony Bennet out there instead or Kenny f'n G. What a joke. I thought he (Paul M) was anti-animal cruelty anyway. What does he think the football is made out of? PLEATHER? :rolleyes:
:spit: