PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest's CD Drops TOMORROW

iceblizzard69
11-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Well, he's going to lose a few million bucks from his suspension, but at least the suspension happened at a good time for him since his CD hits stores tomorrow.

MikeO
11-22-2004, 12:59 PM
the press he is getting is so negative right now, only die-hard fans of his are going to buy this thing.

CirclingWagons
11-22-2004, 01:02 PM
is there anyone who can't make a rap cd?

Rap is unique because it's one of the only musical genres that doesn't require talent, or any musical ability

ltfinfan
11-22-2004, 01:32 PM
at least he will have plenty of time to promote it and even go on tour this year :D

Deez Nutz
11-22-2004, 04:46 PM
I say all of his new friends in Detroit will be lined up around the block to waste their money on this CD

Noodle Arm
11-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Wait I'm confused...is it an album of him performing rap songs? I thought it was just an album he produced featuring some Destiny's Child wannabe girl band. Well either way it will still be pure crap and nobody will remember it by next year.

Fresh
11-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Wait I'm confused...is it an album of him performing rap songs? I thought it was just an album he produced featuring some Destiny's Child wannabe girl band. Well either way it will still be pure crap and nobody will remember it by next year.

I know, that's what Greg Anthony made it seem like.

I love rap music, reggae, and some r&b. Ron Artest's cd is one cd that I would NEVER care to listen to. If he drops a couple of bars or so, I'd listen to it just for the humor, though. :o

If the NBA let Iverson drop "Jewels", I would've listened to it. They didn't let him because he rapped about drugs, guns, and other stuff like that. :lol:

Steveo 90
11-22-2004, 08:30 PM
:spank:How long untill he has A greatest hits album:chair:
:shakeno:

MoFinz
11-22-2004, 09:07 PM
I bet this thing goes aluminum in record time

Rap albums arent released, they escape! :roflmao:

FinsNYanksFan13
11-22-2004, 10:11 PM
I predict the album to go Double Copper!

Fresh
11-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Rap albums arent released, they escape! :roflmao:

And the humor in that statement is______________? :confused:

MoFinz
11-23-2004, 07:10 PM
And the humor in that statement is______________? :confused:

Ahhh..you must be a patron of the urban gangsta rap artform.

My apologies if my jab flew by you :D

spydertl79
11-23-2004, 09:24 PM
is there anyone who can't make a rap cd?

Rap is unique because it's one of the only musical genres that doesn't require talent, or any musical ability
If it requires no talent then u should drop a CD, u could make a lot of money.

MoFinz
11-23-2004, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=spydertl79]If it requires no talent then u should drop a CD, u could make a lot of money.[/QU

If it requires so much talent, why is it most rappers:
A:Play no instrument
B:Write no original music, but rather sample
C:Can not write a "song" that doesnt contain some sort of profanity

You can enjoy it all you want, but if Eminem and Fity Cent are talented, then David Allen Coe is a God among men in the music industry. Theyre a novelty at best, a sad statement on what passes for music or a social statement at worst.

Martel
11-24-2004, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE=spydertl79]If it requires no talent then u should drop a CD, u could make a lot of money.[/QU

If it requires so much talent, why is it most rappers:
A:Play no instrument
B:Write no original music, but rather sample
C:Can not write a "song" that doesnt contain some sort of profanity

You can enjoy it all you want, but if Eminem and Fity Cent are talented, then David Allen Coe is a God among men in the music industry. Theyre a novelty at best, a sad statement on what passes for music or a social statement at worst.

Hey old dude-
You sound like your grandpa. It ain't for you, don't worry about it.

Noodle Arm
11-24-2004, 01:07 AM
Hey maybe Artest will attend next years Vibe Awards...that would be interesting :D

Meatwad
11-24-2004, 01:42 AM
rap is terrible.

MoFinz
11-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey old dude-
You sound like your grandpa. It ain't for you, don't worry about it.

Hey young thug. Last time i checked i was over 18 and lived in america. Dont like the view? Skip the post.
:cooldude: :cooldude:

Bodzilla29
11-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Artest grew up with SUPER talented artists Nas and Mobb Deep in the Queensbridge Housing Projects in NYC. If he picked up anything from them there could be a few gems on the LP.

There are a load of genres that require NO talent to release a disk man, thing is only talented people sell records(well, in general, there are some media/label backed bands that hit it big then go awol because they have no talent or longevity).

The only reason you say anyone can release a rap album is because a few mainstream stars have tried it. There are HORRIBLE rap, rock-n-roll, metal, country, techno, dance albums EVERYWHERE. If you do not agree with this you are pig ignorant or have an obvious personal dislike for one genre of music.

Martel
11-26-2004, 01:46 AM
Hey young thug. Last time i checked i was over 18 and lived in america. Dont like the view? Skip the post.
:cooldude: :cooldude:

Exactly-
So take your own advice and leave your crappy/negative opinions to the "Billy Joe Shaver Jones Jr." and "Jerry Jeff Walker Williams the Third" threads. Let it go. You'll lose this argument, trust me.