PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest: JUST THIS YEAR

MikeO
11-23-2004, 01:02 PM
I found this in a newspaper..............All of this is JUST in 2004. Forget the stuff from before this year

Recent infractions by Ron Artest, who has a long history of suspensions and fines:
* Feb. 17, 2004: The Indiana Pacers fine and bench Artest for being a no-show at practice, which he says he missed because of travel problems back from the All-Star Game in Los Angeles.

* March 17: The NBA suspends Artest one game for elbowing Portland's Derek Anderson in the third quarter.

* April 17: The NBA suspends Artest one game for leaving the bench during an altercation in Game 1 of the first round vs. Boston.

* May 24: The NBA fines Artest $10,000 for making an obscene gesture to Detroit fans in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals.

* May 31: Artest misses the team flight to Detroit and shoot-around before Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.

* June: Artest blows off a postseason meeting with Larry Bird, president of basketball operations.

* Nov. 9: Pacers bench Artest two games for "unspecified reasons." He allegedly asked for time off because of a busy schedule, including promoting an R&B album.

* Nov. 21: The NBA suspends Artest the rest of the season for going into the stands to fight Detroit Pistons fans after a melee started on the court.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Artest is a thug. You can take a thug out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of a thug!

Fresh
11-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Artest is a thug. You can take a thug out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of a thug!

Yeah, Artest is a thug because he causes problems in the NBA. :rolleyes:

From what I understand, off the court he's a great family guy, takes care of his old neighborhood and other bad areas, and stays out of trouble. That's not exactly the description of a thug, ya know..

Now if you want to label him an "NBA Thug"( :lol: ), that's something I can agree with.

MikeO
11-24-2004, 12:47 AM
Yeah, Artest is a thug because he causes problems in the NBA. :rolleyes:

From what I understand, off the court he's a great family guy, takes care of his old neighborhood and other bad areas, and stays out of trouble. That's not exactly the description of a thug, ya know..

Now if you want to label him an "NBA Thug"( :lol: ), that's something I can agree with.
Off the court he runs into the stands and beats up innocent fans....:roflmao: