PDA

View Full Version : I know most of you are Heat fans, but...

DolphinDevil28
11-24-2004, 02:25 AM
you have GOT to give my Magic some love. I mean, from the worst team in the league last year with selfish T-mac, to putting up a fight with the Heat for the Southeast conference. Dwight Howard is a rebound machine, and even if you don't care for him or the team, YOU HAVE to give love to Grant Hill. The classiest player in the NBA showing tons of percevierance (sp?) and finally getting healthy. And he is the team's MVP so far.

I have nothing against the Heat, in fact I like them. But don't underestimate Orlando. We'll be on your @ss all year if not in front for the race for the division.

Go Magic!!!

VJ1252
11-24-2004, 03:56 AM
I think Hills comeback is a great story and enjoy watching him play. I thought Francis would have a good year after struggling in van gundys half court offense. I admit I didnt think Howard would be this good so soon. Orlando may be on Miami's @ss simply because the east is so weak but I cant see orlando winning the division.

kud
11-25-2004, 05:12 AM
Sorry, I don't give any team love but Miami. :cooldude: Party in the city where the heat is on.

aquaattak
12-01-2004, 12:39 AM
...CAN YOU FEEL THE HEAT DOWN IN YOUR SOUL........

no love for a magician, always will be the redheaded stepchild..(b****slapped)

Fresh
12-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Miami's not gonna win a Championship this year, that's for sure. Like it or love it, I'm a realist.

However, we're much better than Orlando. Personally, I like a few players on your team like Dwight Howard, Cuttino Mobley, and Jameer Nelson. Just don't get it twisted...T-Mac is FAR better than Francis. Francis is inconsistent and I will refuse to watch the '04-'05 All-Star game if he's in it. He shouldn't be though, because Wade & Starbury will probably be the PG's.

Jwcolour
12-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Miami's not gonna win a Championship this year, that's for sure. Like it or love it, I'm a realist.

However, we're much better than Orlando. Personally, I like a few players on your team like Dwight Howard, Cuttino Mobley, and Jameer Nelson. Just don't get it twisted...T-Mac is FAR better than Francis. Francis is inconsistent and I will refuse to watch the '04-'05 All-Star game if he's in it. He shouldn't be though, because Wade & Starbury will probably be the PG's.

Better player, not teammate.

VJ1252
12-01-2004, 06:50 PM

isnt it a bit early to say Miami cant win a championship this year?

tehMick
12-01-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure at this rate Miami will make it to the Eastern Conference Final.
Eddie Jones is pathetic.
Here's hoping we pick up Vince Carter when Raptors dump him before the Break.
:domodance

FinsNYanksFan13
12-01-2004, 09:22 PM
The Knicks have been showing good life. I'd like to see them take the Atlantic!

Fresh
12-01-2004, 10:06 PM
isnt it a bit early to say Miami cant win a championship this year?

No. And I didn't say they can't, I said they won't. People, let's not forget how terrible Eddie Jones played in the playoffs last year after a pretty good season. Right now, he's just flat out awful. If it weren't for his defense, he wouldn't even be starting right now.

Fresh
12-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Better player, not teammate.

He's a much better teammate now than before...now that he actually has some decent players and a guy like Yao playing with him. Can't really expect T-Mac to be a "great team player" when you put him on the floor with guys like Andrew Declerq. :)

VJ1252
12-01-2004, 10:47 PM
No. And I didn't say they can't, I said they won't. People, let's not forget how terrible Eddie Jones played in the playoffs last year after a pretty good season. Right now, he's just flat out awful. If it weren't for his defense, he wouldn't even be starting right now.
Eddie Jones is amazingly bad but he will eventually shoot over 30%. IMO even eddies defense is overrated. If Miami's shooters are still struggling like this in March than I will be worried.

Bodzilla29
12-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Eddie Jones is in Miami for the next 3 seasons(including this one).

Who in their right mind would trade for a player on a max contract that averages 10ppg and is shooting 35%? Unless you throw in Wade or Shaq(which will not happen of course) you are stuck with Jones zapping your salary cap. Shaq is on HUGE dollars and just when Jones' salary is coming off your books Wade will be in the first year of a max deal.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-02-2004, 03:49 PM
The Heat might be coming back to life!

Fresh
12-02-2004, 04:44 PM
Eddie Jones is in Miami for the next 3 seasons(including this one).

I'm not saying he won't be here for the full 3 seasons, but it's not guaranteed either way. In the final year of his contract, sorry teams will be calling up Riley trying to make a move for Eddie. I mean, who wouldn't want $13m added to their cap space in the upcoming season? Just look how many teams were after Terrell Brandon, and he can't even play.

It's also very possible that we could find a taker for E.J. next year, when he's got 2 more years left on his deal.

Also, we'll be fine after this year. This year we should wind up with the 2nd or 3rd seed, but we're probably not gonna make it past the Eastern Conference Finals, if we even make it out of the semi-finals. Next year we'll once again have the full MLE to mess around with. I think the maximum deal for the MLE is something like $38m over 6-years, so we'll be able to snatch a good, young SF or PF, or maybe a SF and PF(of course, lower quality players). If you're looking for two, Tyson Chandler is one guy who will certainly be on that list. I know Donyell Marshall, Eddy Curry(not really an option with Shaq), Chris Wilcox, and some good, young forwards(I can't remember all of them, but a lot of guys are coming out of their rookie deals next year -- I believe Desmond Mason is one) will be available. All of those guys are MLE type of guys. And remember...Stephen Jackson was picked up for the MLE this year, and nothing more.

The best thing for the Heat to with EJ other than keeping him here is to trade him for Glen Robinson. Robinson will almost definately be out of Philly by the February trade deadline, and he makes just about as much as EJ and is in the final year of his contract. Now, what would this team do with $13m next year? Hmmmm...Ray Allen & Michael Redd are upcoming FA's! ;)

Jwcolour
12-02-2004, 05:42 PM
He's a much better teammate now than before...now that he actually has some decent players and a guy like Yao playing with him. Can't really expect T-Mac to be a "great team player" when you put him on the floor with guys like Andrew Declerq. :)

You bring up a good point but the rockets are still 6-10 and have lost four straight...you'd expect something alot different from a combo of Tmac and Yao...the success just isn't coming for the guy

Bodzilla29
12-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Why would Philly take EJ for Big Dogg when they can just get the cap room themselves next year?

They either trade him for value(unlikely), keep him on the bench or buy him out. Very little(0.01%) chance of him getting traded for a longer, and just as atrocious contract.

#84Fan4Life
12-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Well the Spurs are my favorite team but the Magic are my home team. I was a huge fan of Grant Hill when he was a Piston and was really looking foward to watching him play more often once he signed with Orlando. Of course we all know what happened next but it's so great to see such a class guy like Hill come back strong as ever. Honestly I am shocked that he has been playing this well especially considering all the time he has missed the past 4 years. A great story no doubt. I really home that Hill, Francis, Mobley, Howard and the others can make a push for the playoffs because they really are a exciting team to watch.