PDA

View Full Version : (off topic) Looking for some help

Cover23
11-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Please mods keep this here for a little while at least, it seems everyone is here so i wanted to ask here.
I am currently searching for a beer named "Noche Buena". Its from Mexico and I cannot find it in any liquor stores near me. Does anyone know of an internet site that might be able to help me out.
Once again, I apologize for posting this here but I really need some help, its important to me for X-Mas coming up.

Dol-Fan Dupree
11-29-2004, 05:13 PM
most off topic post ever

Philter25
11-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Please mods keep this here for a little while at least, it seems everyone is here so i wanted to ask here.
I am currently searching for a beer named "Noche Buena". Its from Mexico and I cannot find it in any liquor stores near me. Does anyone know of an internet site that might be able to help me out.
Once again, I apologize for posting this here but I really need some help, its important to me for X-Mas coming up.
call 411 and ask for mexico........

Baz
This post should be in the lounge. Anyways, I'm from New Mexico, and I haven't even heard of that beer. It may have to be imported from Mexico......

Cover23
most off topic post ever
haha, I know I'm sorry fellas.

Cover23
11-29-2004, 05:16 PM
This post should be in the lounge. Anyways, I'm from New Mexico, and I haven't even heard of that beer. It may have to be imported from Mexico......
I have heard its made by Dos Equis or something

Philter25
11-29-2004, 05:19 PM
I have heard its made by Dos Equis or something
I was just gonna ask who the bottling company is. Actually certain beers you would be suprised where you can find them. I drink this beer called Boddington thats bottled in England I believe, absolutely love it but I can only find it in certain places.

If its made my the same people who bottle dos equis, call the local distributor who carries dos equis and ask them how you can get in contact with the bottler. Maybe the distributor can order you a case with its next shipment of equis.

Baz
11-29-2004, 05:19 PM

:roflmao:

Are you sure you want to drink something that roughly translates to "Good Night"......?

:drinker:

HVACservice
11-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Anytime Ive ever wanted a certain beer,I just go to Albertsons and they get out "the book" and find it.

Its usually in the store the following week.

Most stores can get you virtually anything.....If they want.

11-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Amazing what 30 seconds on Google can do for you:

Nochebuena is a wonderfully complex, malty seasonal beer from Cerveceria Cuahtemoc Moctezuma -- based on the classic malty amber lagers of Vienna and Munich. A real christmas treat!

Style:
Vienna style lagers trace their roots to late 19th century Austria, as well as the amber oktoberfest beers brewed in Munich. Beers of this style are, of course, amber in color (kind of a light brown with reddish highlights). They should be decidedly malty in flavor, sweet, with some toasty or nutty flavors coming through from the use of vienna-type malts. The beer should be slightly stronger than normal, maybe 13 to 15 Plato.

A bit bigger than many craft brewery renditions of the style -- and with more malt character than most Bavarian-bred renditions of the style (like Spaten), Nochebuena really succeeds in showcasing its malt character. In his "Beer Companion" book, Michael Jackson makes an offhand comment about Mexican ambers being "lighter in body and palate, and less malty" than their european counterparts. This is very true of beers like Indio or Dos Equis, but is (I think) a bit unfair to Nochebuena, which pins the Europeans to the mat in terms of body and malt character!

Sample Conditions:
This seasonal christmas beer is available only in bottles and is generally sold only in Mexico in early December. I've heard rumors that a limited number of cases were imported and sold in southeast Texas last winter, but I never saw it, even at beer geek stores. I bought a case each of the past 3 years during trips south of the border, and I still have a few bottles of each. This review is based on notes from earlier tastings plus a 4-month old and a 16-month old bottle that I'm tasting as I write. All of my bottles are labelled as being produced at the Monterrey brewery.

Evaluation:

Appearance: Deep copper-brown color with red highlights (probably about 18 SRM -- actually a bit darker than some dunkles). Brilliant clarity, tight head that leaves a beautiful Belgian lace down the side of the glass.
Aroma: Deeply malty with lots of toast character and maybe a hint of sherry. The big malt nose reminds me of the smell of some Munich dopplebocks.
Flavor: Intensely malty (but not big). Nice complexity with a lot of the soft toast or biscuit like character that you find from munich malts. Full bodied. Hopping rates very subdued -- the balance is definitely towards the sweet malt.

Brewer Notes:
Nochebuena means both "night before christmas" and "poinsetta," (hence the familiar red flower on the label). I've been told that Nochebuena was originally brewed only for employees and special friends of the brewery, but that once word got out, the demand for it was such that it was offerred for sale. To my knowledge, this is the only remaining winter seasonal beer that's widely sold in Mexico. Batches are made at different breweries, and some beer geeks have told me that they think the flavor varies depending on whether you get it in Veracruz, Monterrey, or Guadalajara. It would be an interesting experiment to do a vertical tasting -- but a logistical problem to get samples from the different breweries at the same time.

Overall Impression:
I love this beer! It's got lots of malt to chew on, some nice complexity from dark munich malts, yet it remains eminently drinkable. I only wish the brewery produced a beer like this all year round, it would be my favorite! Muy sabroso!

Recommended
Yes

Price per six-pack ($US): 5.99

Muck
11-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Please mods keep this here for a little while at least,

You've gotta be kidding me. :rofl:

fins
11-30-2004, 11:37 AM
just go to your local imported beer store and they'll order it for u, that's what i've done in the past.:D

CUBANBADGUY
12-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Amazing what 30 seconds on Google can do for you:

Nochebuena is a wonderfully complex, malty seasonal beer from Cerveceria Cuahtemoc Moctezuma -- based on the classic malty amber lagers of Vienna and Munich. A real christmas treat!

Style:
Vienna style lagers trace their roots to late 19th century Austria, as well as the amber oktoberfest beers brewed in Munich. Beers of this style are, of course, amber in color (kind of a light brown with reddish highlights). They should be decidedly malty in flavor, sweet, with some toasty or nutty flavors coming through from the use of vienna-type malts. The beer should be slightly stronger than normal, maybe 13 to 15 Plato.

A bit bigger than many craft brewery renditions of the style -- and with more malt character than most Bavarian-bred renditions of the style (like Spaten), Nochebuena really succeeds in showcasing its malt character. In his "Beer Companion" book, Michael Jackson makes an offhand comment about Mexican ambers being "lighter in body and palate, and less malty" than their european counterparts. This is very true of beers like Indio or Dos Equis, but is (I think) a bit unfair to Nochebuena, which pins the Europeans to the mat in terms of body and malt character!

Sample Conditions:
This seasonal christmas beer is available only in bottles and is generally sold only in Mexico in early December. I've heard rumors that a limited number of cases were imported and sold in southeast Texas last winter, but I never saw it, even at beer geek stores. I bought a case each of the past 3 years during trips south of the border, and I still have a few bottles of each. This review is based on notes from earlier tastings plus a 4-month old and a 16-month old bottle that I'm tasting as I write. All of my bottles are labelled as being produced at the Monterrey brewery.

Evaluation:

Appearance: Deep copper-brown color with red highlights (probably about 18 SRM -- actually a bit darker than some dunkles). Brilliant clarity, tight head that leaves a beautiful Belgian lace down the side of the glass.
Aroma: Deeply malty with lots of toast character and maybe a hint of sherry. The big malt nose reminds me of the smell of some Munich dopplebocks.
Flavor: Intensely malty (but not big). Nice complexity with a lot of the soft toast or biscuit like character that you find from munich malts. Full bodied. Hopping rates very subdued -- the balance is definitely towards the sweet malt.

Brewer Notes:
Nochebuena means both "night before christmas" and "poinsetta," (hence the familiar red flower on the label). I've been told that Nochebuena was originally brewed only for employees and special friends of the brewery, but that once word got out, the demand for it was such that it was offerred for sale. To my knowledge, this is the only remaining winter seasonal beer that's widely sold in Mexico. Batches are made at different breweries, and some beer geeks have told me that they think the flavor varies depending on whether you get it in Veracruz, Monterrey, or Guadalajara. It would be an interesting experiment to do a vertical tasting -- but a logistical problem to get samples from the different breweries at the same time.

Overall Impression:
I love this beer! It's got lots of malt to chew on, some nice complexity from dark munich malts, yet it remains eminently drinkable. I only wish the brewery produced a beer like this all year round, it would be my favorite! Muy sabroso!

Recommended
Yes

Price per six-pack ($US): 5.99

I think '72 just ended the need for an encyclopedia. Hey '72 think you can tell me the best weather to keep a Polar Bear in to promote reproduction? :confused2 :dunno:

CirclingWagons
12-03-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm trying to find absinthe..it's only online though, and it looks like there's different types of it. Trying to find the best one