PDA

View Full Version : It's been sooooo long since I've been here

honey
11-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Do any of you remember me? :D

Anyway...I just want to vent right now. Can I do that?

A friend of mine gave a dog, a puppy really, to my neighbor across the road. I wanted him, but she didn't know that and gave him away before she told me. It's a Rott. They promised not to chain him up or keep him away from human contact. DAMMIT, I just went outside and he's barking his head off, chained up I'm sure. I'm just so mad and so sad at the same time. What should I do?

I'm serious here. I hate to see unhappy dogs. :(

Muck
12-01-2004, 12:47 AM
Steal him and move away.

Muck
12-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Seriously, if you live far enough away, kidnap him. He'll be happier with you.

When I was a kid, my friend's little brother had a bunch of kittens. One was a Siamese and he was throwing him waaay up in the air and letting him hit the ground. My sister ran over there and took him (I think she threw that kid down). The kid screamed and cried at outside our house. But he wasn't getting that kittie back.

Bogey was an awesome cat.

12-01-2004, 12:57 AM
I think I remember you. But, on to your question:

Funny, a remotely similar thing happened to me a while back. Someone gave my mother-in-law's neighbor a puppy (we found out later they did not really want the dog, but the person who owned it could not keep it anymore.) Anyway, the puppy got out of the back yard a couple times and my sister-in-law put it back a few times. Then my wife and I were over there visiting and the puppy was wailing in the back yard, and then got out again and came over. After my wife found out that the dog had been outside in the rain for a day and 1/2 without any shelter, a bed, or any water or food left, it really pissed her off and she decided to just take the dog home to our house. We kept the dog for a night and a day (the damn thing pissed all over the place) and then found it a good home and gave it away (we already have 2 dogs). My wife couldn't care less about the other owners, cuz she felt they were mistreating the dog. Turns out they didn't even return home for an entire day after we took the dog.

End of the story: a couple weeks later we get some pics and an email from the new owners. 1 pic is of the dog and his new best friend - an 8 yr old boy - sleeping together. Other pic is of the two of them taking a bath together (kind of gross, but w/e). Apparently this is the best thing that ever happened to the kid and he is head-over-heals in love with the dog.

My advice: Even though I did not initially agree with my wife for taking the dog, it seems to have worked out just fine. If those bastard neighbors of yours are mistreating a puppy, go rescue the little guy.

Jwcolour
12-01-2004, 02:00 AM
I bet John Simmons would know exactly what to do in a situation like this

northernbillfan
12-01-2004, 04:52 AM
Your name rings a bell, I've heard it somewhere before.

Just the SPCA. Tell them you saw the neighbors hitting the dog and leaving it chained up all day and night. After the SPCA takes the animal away you go and adopt him.

Jwcolour
12-01-2004, 12:09 PM

A friend of mine gave a dog, a puppy really, to my neighbor across the road. I wanted him, but she didn't know that and gave him away before she told me. It's a Rott. They promised not to chain him up or keep him away from human contact. DAMMIT, I just went outside and he's barking his head off, chained up I'm sure. I'm just so mad and so sad at the same time. What should I do?

Just because a dog is barking its head off doesn't mean its being abused...and i'd find out if it is actually chained up before doing something. I'd wait until I actually saw some abuse before calling them out

WharfRat
12-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Of course I remember you!!

How da hell are ya honey??

:wharf:

BigFinFan
12-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Dang - I haven't seen WharfRat in a long time!

Muck
12-01-2004, 07:35 PM
I bet John Simmons would know exactly what to do in a situation like this

He'd have sex with it on his leather car seats.

Jwcolour
12-02-2004, 12:12 AM
He'd have sex with it on his leather car seats.

STUNT CAR SEATS

12-02-2004, 02:15 PM
I saw one of those trucks that sucks the crap out of port-a-potties this morning, and the name on the side was "J. Simmons Corp."

Of course you know who I thought of........

inFINSible
12-02-2004, 07:55 PM
I saw one of those trucks that sucks the crap out of port-a-potties this morning, and the name on the side was "J. Simmons Corp."

Of course you know who I thought of........
:club:

fins
12-03-2004, 10:00 AM
Your name rings a bell, I've heard it somewhere before.

Just the SPCA. Tell them you saw the neighbors hitting the dog and leaving it chained up all day and night. After the SPCA takes the animal away you go and adopt him.
This is a hell of an idea, whether the dog is being abused or not if u want him take him or buy him, something :eek:

inFINSible
12-03-2004, 11:24 AM

Buy the dog from them.

harmonkoz
12-03-2004, 11:35 AM
F'ck it--go commando in the middle of the night. Throw a f'ing brick through their window for good measure.

:chuckle: :nono:

WharfRat
12-03-2004, 03:10 PM
F'ck it--go commando in the middle of the night. Throw a f'ing brick through their window for good measure.

:chuckle: :nono:

:lolcry:

I was thinking the same thing... only I'd tie a 1/4 stick of dynamite to the brick... :evil: