PDA

View Full Version : Magic

Nappy Roots
12-02-2004, 12:32 AM
#1 Pick. 18 year old Dwight Howard had 15 points 20 rebounds today. Amazying. Magic had 8 guys in double figures. Shot 57%. Out rebounded the Raptors by 29. And put up 129 in regulation.

By the way they won. 129-108

FinsNYanksFan13
12-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Looks like someone in the Magic front office needs a pat on the back for taking Howard. He may not be as good a defender as Okafur but he's a better all around player.........by a good margain!

Fresh
12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
He may not be as good a defender as Okafur but he's a better all around player.........by a good margain!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DolphinDevil28
12-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey X, why all the hatin' on my Magic??? You afraid they're gonna beat the Heat for the SouthEast division? Sure sounds like it.

DolphinDevil28
12-02-2004, 05:57 PM
btw...check out these power rankins.

http://www.nba.com/features/power_rankings_041202.html

VJ1252
12-03-2004, 06:13 PM
wow its a good thing its only november

Fresh
12-03-2004, 10:03 PM
btw...check out these power rankins.

http://www.nba.com/features/power_rankings_041202.html

Quick Question: Who actually goes to NBA.com looking for articles, rankings, etc. from people who actually have basketball knowledge? :lol:

Fresh
12-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Hey X, why all the hatin' on my Magic??? You afraid they're gonna beat the Heat for the SouthEast division? Sure sounds like it.

Umm, I'm hating on the Magic because they're overrated, which is something that anyone with basketball knowledge would know. I've seen quite a few games this year and have yet to be impressed. Your best player is Steve Francis, which is another reason why I now hate the Magic. I hate overrated, inconsistent players, which is the complete definition of Steve Francis.

And now, honestly...you guys can go up 5 games on us heading to the All-Star break(not happening, btw..just an example). I'm gonna tell you right now, you don't have a shot at winning the division. And another thing, IMO, you'll finish third behind Washington as well. They already handed you guys your asses in the first match(yes, it's very early in the season, very), and that was without Haywood, who is back now. They will be a much better team when they get Etan Thomas back this month.

Like I said, I like a few players like Howard, Mobley, and Nelson. Unforunately, like the average fan...I'm not quick to hop on the bandwagon of an obvious overrated team with their "star" player one of the game's most overrated.

Orlando used to be one of the teams I rooted for if they were in the playoffs and Miami wasn't. I was always a big McGrady fan, and for some reason...I liked Armstrong a lot. I don't like these new look Magic's at all.

Muck
12-03-2004, 10:24 PM
I'll be at the 1st meeting in Orlando in late February and possibly the season finale @ Orlando.

The 1st meeting (I believe) is Sunday the 19th.

We'll see what happens.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-03-2004, 10:24 PM
If anything the Magic are underrated IMO. But everyone has their own view, i'd probably say their overrated to if they were in my division!

Fresh
12-04-2004, 02:08 AM
If anything the Magic are underrated IMO. But everyone has their own view, i'd probably say their overrated to if they were in my division!

No, because that's not why I think they're overrated at all. The main reason I think they're overrated is because they have quite a few overrated players on their roster to begin with(IMO and many other's, Francis is in the top 3 of the most overrated in the entire NBA, as a matter of fact) I don't watch them because I like to see what's going on in the division. I watch them because I used to love watching them back in the Hill/Armstrong & the T-Mac Era.

How can the Magic be underrated when people talk about them like they're the second coming of the New England Patriots(cinderfella)? They don't really impress me at all. I'm not gonna sit here and lie and say they haven't been somewhat a surprise to me, but it's too early in the season. I am positive in my mind that this team will sink as we get further into the year. If anything, Washington is underrated by far. I stand by my: 1.Mia, 2.Wash, 3.Orl prediction.

DolphinDevil28
12-04-2004, 04:35 AM
OK, you know what? I didn't even get thru reading your first response to my post, but Goddamit, don't question my b-ball knowledge. I've been following the sport since I was a little kid. From Scott Skiles and Shaq to Grant Hill and Cuttino Mobley now. I'm 21, you are 18, x-con. I've seen more basketball than you. And you know what? I've watched both teams so far this year, and the Magic are BETTER than the heat. Yeah, I said it. Deal with it.

So come back and question my statements when you actually have numbers and are able to prove something. You know what? Even with big, bad Shaq daddy playing for your heat, the MAGIC are the #1 REBOUNDING team in the NBA right now.

See ya, thanks for playin'.

Go Magic.

Fresh
12-04-2004, 05:51 PM
OK, you know what? I didn't even get thru reading your first response to my post, but Goddamit, don't question my b-ball knowledge. I've been following the sport since I was a little kid. From Scott Skiles and Shaq to Grant Hill and Cuttino Mobley now. I'm 21, you are 18, x-con. I've seen more basketball than you. And you know what? I've watched both teams so far this year, and the Magic are BETTER than the heat. Yeah, I said it. Deal with it.

So come back and question my statements when you actually have numbers and are able to prove something. You know what? Even with big, bad Shaq daddy playing for your heat, the MAGIC are the #1 REBOUNDING team in the NBA right now.

See ya, thanks for playin'.

Go Magic.

LOL, I don't give a damn how much basketball you've seen. That doesn't give you more knowledge than me or anybody else here, so stop pretending. I've read many of your posts including some stupid pm's you sent to me, and haven't seen much at all from you. In fact, forget avoiding being cocky, in the current game today(not history, I don't really care about history), I know more than you do. Believe that. I follow free agency, the draft, and I watch basketball almost every night. I know about every team because I love the game itself. You just seem like the average homer to me. I know how good my team is and I know that teams like Indiana are better in the East(with Jax/JO back), and I don't deny that. I know that with Big Ben, Detroit is a better team. Orlando doesn't have any players that can dominate games consistently. Miami has 2, although a very inconsistent supporting cast(I believe that Eddie Jones will be okay). Steve Francis? Just ask Jeff Van Gundy. When it all boils down, Miami will win the division, and Washington will probably finish second.

I've watched both teams this year and I think Miami is better, and just what does that prove? Nothing. If we go 5-5 in the next 10 and Orlando goes 8-2, my opinion will not change. It's too early in the season for that crap. Right now, most people who analyze the game feel that Miami is the better team and much more of a contender.

Also, where are the numbers from you? #1 in rebounding? Does that make Orlando a better team? Please. A few years ago(don't exactly remember what year), a lottery team led the league in total rebounds.

These numbers mean much more:

Miami: 10-2 conference record, 3-0 division record.
Orlando: 6-4 conference record, 1-2 division record.

DolphinDevil28
12-04-2004, 06:02 PM
LOL, I don't give a damn how much basketball you've seen. That doesn't give you more knowledge than me or anybody else here, so stop pretending.

Well then don't make stupid @ss assumptions on here such as "Oh the Magic are overrated, anyone with basketball knowledge knows that" and such trash.

I could come right back and say I think the Heat are overrated and anyone who knows basketball knows that. (which they are.)

...and about you "watching basketball every night and loving the game", I'm sure you are the oooooonly one on this board like that. How dare anyone else try to have a basketball conversation with you? They would just insult your intelegence.
Like you are the only one allowed to watch the draft, free agency, etc... I watched the whole entire draft also. And I've followed the Magic very closely since I was 10 years old, even through last year's nightmare. So don't spew off this high-and-might crap to me about how I'm a bandwagon fan.

DolphinDevil28
12-04-2004, 06:06 PM
And about the Heat having two dominant players who can take over a game at any time and the Magic not having any...

Tell me, how many players like that did the Pistons have last year? And don't say Ben Wallace or Rip Hamilton. Because in that case, so can Grant Hill or Franchise.

It's about being a T-E-A-M. If shaq or Wade get into foul trouble, yall are done. The Magic are deep, and the more Dwight Howard develops throughout the season, the better they will get.

...Also, Why would I want to ask Jeff Van Gundy about Steve Francis and who is going to win the SE division? He sure looks like he's having enough trouble answering his own team's questions. Magic are 10-5, Rockets are 6-11. I don't need him to tell me his opinion about a winning team.

Fresh
12-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Well then don't make stupid @ss assumptions on here such as "Oh the Magic are overrated, anyone with basketball knowledge knows that" and such trash.

I could come right back and say I think the Heat are overrated and anyone who knows basketball knows that. (which they are.)

...and about you "watching basketball every night and loving the game", I'm sure you are the oooooonly one on this board like that. How dare anyone else try to have a basketball conversation with you? They would just insult your intelegence.
Like you are the only one allowed to watch the draft, free agency, etc... I watched the whole entire draft also. And I've followed the Magic very closely since I was 10 years old, even through last year's nightmare. So don't spew off this high-and-might crap to me about how I'm a bandwagon fan.

Did I call you a bandwagon fan? No, I said that the average NBA fan is hopping onto the Grant Hill/Orlando Magic bandwagon right now and calling them a legit contender. I didn't specifically say DolphinsDevil28.

Also, you're contradicting the **** out of yourself. Basically, you came on here with the "high-and-might crap".

I've been following the sport since I was a little kid. I'm 21, you are 18, x-con. I've seen more basketball than you.

Sorry, but if you're gonna say something stupid like that, that really has no meaning in this thread...don't get pissed when I do the same. The same way I don't know who on here follows basketball as closely as I do, you don't know if you've seen more basketball than me. Age doesn't matter when it comes to "watching basketball". Oh, and for the record, I know that there are people on here who follow basketball as closely as I do. I respect Bodzilla's opinions on here like no other.

I think we should just end all the bull**** with a "friendly" bet on who wins the division. :)

DolphinDevil28
12-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Thats what I've been trying to do in the first place, but I got these backhanded comments like "anyone with basketball knowledge..." and what have you.

That's cool. Truce. Let's let the players settle it.

DolphinDevil28
12-04-2004, 06:20 PM
I will give the Heat one thing. I've been to American Airlines Arena and that place is sweeeeeeet. Way better than the O-rena.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-04-2004, 08:06 PM
The Magic are threatening to move if they dont get a new arena!