PDA

View Full Version : JAson Giambi admits steroid use

TerryTate
12-02-2004, 03:14 AM
Shocker of the year! :lol:

No need for a direct link, it will be all over the place soon you'll get sick of it...

www.espn.com

MikeO
12-02-2004, 03:47 AM
Just the first name on what will be a very long list.

I give Giambi credit though. He could have lied through is teeth to that grand jury and probably never have been caught. He didn't take the easy road and was honest.

Bodzilla29
12-02-2004, 01:30 PM
What penalty do these players receive? Baseball has no balls and doesn't even want to test for drugs. It was public pressure that made them start testing, don't fool yourselves in thinking otherwise.

You are right, this list will be long but we will never know the full story. Over the next few years look for some current stars to just fall off the map.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Giambi ain't lying to no Grand Jury let me tell you that much. The consequences of that would be worse then him admitting he took steroids. With that in mind, none of the players named will be suspended or fined which I think is fair. Baseball had no policy in place while these guys were taking steroids so technically, these guys did nothing wrong.

THe problem with Conte and Anderson (the ringleaders of Balco) is they got to greedy. These geniuses created an undetectable steroid (which is how track stars and football player got away with it) and made a lot of money off of millionaire athletes. Problem is, word of mouth spread and they started dealing with every athlete who could pay (which all can). When your doing something illegal and your gaining publicity the Government is going to smell something fishy, especially when big money is involved (and the government ain't getting none). They got greedy, made to much bank, and the feds caught their *** with their hands in the cookie jar. Talk about f*cking up a good thing.

By anyways there's no shock here, we all knew what these athletes have done. They don't need to release the transcripts for us to know who took what and how they got it. None of these athletes should be disciplined fot the simple fact that cheating has been a part of sports from day 1. If you take away these guys records you have to take away Bucky Deny's corked bat homerun against the Red Sox, the game between the Dodgers and Giants (I think in 56) that the Giants were stealing signs in, and numerous other things athletes have done to get the edge. It's sad but it's true.

The big question I have on this is if the Yankees might be able to void Giambi's contract. I know the players association will throw a fit but the Yankees might have a valid argument as to why Giambi is not worth the 77 million they still owe him. I'm a Giambi fan and I still think he could put up solid numbers in this lineup but I know the YAnkees organization isn't behind him that much anymore and would love to lose his contract. I wonder if there's a way the Yankees could get out of his contract. I'm not sure they could but it's worth a try for them to get his contract off the books (althoguh I think we should keep him)!

Oboy
12-02-2004, 04:29 PM
The big question I have on this is if the Yankees might be able to void Giambi's contract. I know the players association will throw a fit but the Yankees might have a valid argument as to why Giambi is not worth the 77 million they still owe him. I'm a Giambi fan and I still think he could put up solid numbers in this lineup but I know the YAnkees organization isn't behind him that much anymore and would love to lose his contract. I wonder if there's a way the Yankees could get out of his contract. I'm not sure they could but it's worth a try for them to get his contract off the books (althoguh I think we should keep him)!

There is an article by Jayson Stark on ESPN about this now...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=1936931

I bet they try. He did nothing for them in the last two years and the Yankees as a whole are not usually patient with players struggling. Especially ones that did not come up through their farm system. One way to clear $ and use it to sign other FA's.

Muck
12-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Giambi lost about 20 pounds after the BALCO story started breaking and he was accused of taking steriods.

That's all the proof I needed. He got skinny fast.

paq7512
12-02-2004, 11:09 PM
What did I say Bond's neck grew 4 inches in 2 years. What a joke how sad. I wonder what happens to the records.

iceblizzard69
12-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Giambi lost about 20 pounds after the BALCO story started breaking and he was accused of taking steriods.

That's all the proof I needed. He got skinny fast.

What are you talking about? He only lost 4 pounds!

:lol: :lol:

iceblizzard69
12-02-2004, 11:45 PM
What did I say Bond's neck grew 4 inches in 2 years. What a joke how sad. I wonder what happens to the records.

His forehead is also way bigger than it was a few years ago. It's so obvious that he is taking steroids. If he breaks Aaron's record, I'm going to be sick. However, it looks like it is going to happen. :(

Prime Time
12-03-2004, 12:40 AM
His forehead is also way bigger than it was a few years ago. It's so obvious that he is taking steroids. If he breaks Aaron's record, I'm going to be sick. However, it looks like it is going to happen. :(

I am going to laugh in your face if he never took steroids (which is a minimal possibility looking at the circumstance). But for now all we can do is ASSUME.

outtawack311
12-03-2004, 04:54 AM
I am going to laugh in your face if he never took steroids (which is a minimal possibility looking at the circumstance). But for now all we can do is ASSUME.

Not anymore.

Bodzilla29
12-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Why get sick at these modern records? Don't you think performance enhancing drugs have been the norm for eons in baseball?

I would say that many legends took 'roids back in the day.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Bonds f'd up!

TerryTate
12-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Why get sick at these modern records? Don't you think performance enhancing drugs have been the norm for eons in baseball?

I would say that many legends took 'roids back in the day.

Have you seen some of these legends and their body figures?

I doubt it....

FinsNYanksFan13
12-03-2004, 08:01 PM
steroids became a popular drug for athletes in the 60's so it wouldn't shock me if these guys dabbled. I don't think it's as frequent as it is today not do i think they abused it like the players today, but I bet there was SOME use!

iceblizzard69
12-03-2004, 09:20 PM

I guess you won't be laughing in my face then.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif + http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif = http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2004/12/barrybonds-1.jpg

FinsNYanksFan13
12-03-2004, 09:28 PM
The people who think Bonds didn't take roids forget that until the season he hit 73 homerun's, he never even hit 50 in a season. But it's just a coincidence that in 2001 (the year Bonds started taking roids according to accounts) he exploded as the greatest homerun hitter of all time, right Bonds supporters!

Muck
12-03-2004, 10:31 PM
What are you talking about? He only lost 4 pounds!

:lol: :lol:

Did you see him at Legends Field this past spring??

Ask anybody who was there. He lost more than 4 pounds. And he wasn't the only one.

iceblizzard69
12-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Did you see him at Legends Field this past spring??

Ask anybody who was there. He lost more than 4 pounds. And he wasn't the only one.

Oh I know, I was just joking around. He lost a ton of weight.

I remember in Spring Training how Jeff Bagwell was also significantly thinner. His excuse was that he was getting old and couldn't lift weights anymore, which means that the league started testing for steroids and he had to stop because getting caught twice (what a pathetic rule, you don't even get suspended for CHEATING if you only get caught once, what a ****ing joke) gets you suspended.

It's sad how many MLB players are on steroids. There are tons of players who I think are on steroids.

iceblizzard69
12-03-2004, 11:41 PM
The people who think Bonds didn't take roids forget that until the season he hit 73 homerun's, he never even hit 50 in a season. But it's just a coincidence that in 2001 (the year Bonds started taking roids according to accounts) he exploded as the greatest homerun hitter of all time, right Bonds supporters!

Let's not forget that the guy whose record he broke took andro which is also banned, although I don't think the MLB banned it until after McGuire broke the record.