PDA

View Full Version : NY Post: Heat/Nets discussing Trade

Fresh
12-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Link to Hoopshype.com, and you can click "NY Post" under the blurb to read the article (http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm)

According to sources, the Nets held discussions with Miami regarding a trade of Mourning for center Michael Doleac and forward Malik Allen, who had back surgery this week and is out for 6-8 weeks. The proposal was shot down as the Heat balked at picking up Mourning's contract, which runs for three more seasons at $17.6 million.

Doleac & Allen? That would be great. Right now, Zo's averaging 10/7 in 25 minutes a night. He'd be a perfect backup for Shaq. Can you imagine having a low-post threat in there for the entire game?

Our line-up would then be:

PG- Wade, Jones, Dooling
SG- Jones, Butler
SF- Person, Anderson
PF- Haslem, Laettner
Cc- O'Neal, Mourning

That's an improvement without question. Take it for what it's worth though, because the NY Post is almost as bad as Pro Football Central & Pro Football Talk. The only difference is that they are actually a real paper and actually do have some credible sources.

Also, how about trading Eddie Jones for the disgruntled Rafer Alston along with Mo'Pete or Jalen Rose? :D

VJ1252
12-05-2004, 03:11 AM
man if we only we could have unloaded eddie on the lakers somehow. this would be great trade. haslem really seems to have trouble defending even letting guys like antwan jamison light him up. still i would rather wait it out and hope zo gets a buy out and sign him for the min. adding zo and keeping the shooting of allen and/or doleac would be great.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-05-2004, 03:52 AM
Zo is a punk!

Fresh
12-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Zo is a punk!

Didn't really expect much more from you. I mean, I didn't expect you to elaborate or anything. That would be farrrrrrrr too much to ask. :)