PDA

View Full Version : McCain threatens legislation

FinsNYanksFan13
12-05-2004, 01:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1938639

I think it's time the Government stops sticking it's nose in other people's business regardless of whether their right now IMO!

MikeO
12-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Aren't we at WAR? Who cares about steriods in baseball. Really, come on. Isn't there more important things going on.

Let MLB fix the steroid problem. People didn't elect g'ment officials to worry whether Barry Bonds his a 450+ft home run or not!

iceblizzard69
12-05-2004, 04:09 PM
I am definitely for tougher testing and tougher rules (I personally believe testing positive for steroids once should get you suspended for a year, if you cheat, you should be severly punished), but that's not the government's job.

Muck
12-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Aren't we at WAR? Who cares about steriods in baseball. Really, come on. Isn't there more important things going on.

Let MLB fix the steroid problem. People didn't elect g'ment officials to worry whether Barry Bonds his a 450+ft home run or not!

But as John McCain said, he's not worried about Barry Bonds or Jason Giambi. Not really. What he's worried about is the youth of America following in their footsteps. And I agree with him.

Major League Baseball can't do anything right. They're no longer the American pastime. They've lost fans. They barely have a drug policy to speak of. And they have no salary cap.

They've shown zero evidence thus far that they can fix anything.

MikeO
12-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Major League Baseball can't do anything right. They're no longer the American pastime. They've lost fans. They barely have a drug policy to speak of. And they have no salary cap.

They've shown zero evidence thus far that they can fix anything.
The NHL doesn't have a drug policy or salary cap.............oh, nevermind! :tongue: