PDA

View Full Version : Jason White

NFL MVP
12-05-2004, 03:17 PM
you know everybody's always talking about matt leinhart aaron rodgers but i never see anyone ever talkin bout jason white he's most liekly gonna be the heisman winner again and he plays great why dont we draft him?

iceblizzard69
12-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Because he's not good enough to be an NFL QB.

Noodle Arm
12-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Wasn't this exact thread made earlier?

saves
12-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Actually I don't think he will win it. He shouldn't have won it last year either. He won't be anything in the pros.

NFL MVP
12-05-2004, 03:22 PM
then how come he is having more success than aaron rodgers and he looks better than matt leinhart

Boomer
12-05-2004, 03:29 PM
There is a difference between great college passers and great NFL passers. The day you learn what that difference is, the day you will truly understand the NFL draft.

Eric-Gofins
12-05-2004, 03:33 PM
There is a difference between great college passers and great NFL passers. The day you learn what that difference is, the day you will truly understand the NFL draft.enlighten us

Boomer
12-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Arms, footwork, systems, way the ball comes out, way the ball is held, reads, working progressions, supporting cast, movement in the pocket, injuries. Playing for one of the best teams in the nation, etc etc etc. These are all factors that are much smaller in college ball. Guys that put up huge numbers don't always make great passers in the pros. A lot of the time, it's the offensive system they are in.

Enlightened yet?

yankeehillbilly
12-05-2004, 04:01 PM
enlighten us
Danny Wuerffel

BSQX4
12-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Think Gino Torretta. Good at this level but not pro material.

RHoffman
12-05-2004, 06:21 PM
... :shakeno:

DolFan31
12-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Because he's not good enough to be an NFL QB.
I remember many on here saying the same things about Roethlisberger. I saw him play, I knew he was going to be special, but still many insisted he wasn't going to be good. Well now he's lead his team to an impressive record and he's just in his rookie season. You just never know guys.

Boomer
12-06-2004, 01:24 PM
I remember many on here saying the same things about Roethlisberger. I saw him play, I knew he was going to be special, but still many insisted he wasn't going to be good. Well now he's lead his team to an impressive record and he's just in his rookie season. You just never know guys.

The people saying that about Roethlisberger - you know who you are - were dopes and were called out as dopes when they made their statements. I remember posting ahead of his junior year at Miami that he would be a high 1 and people were saying that they had never heard of him, would never happen, Miami of Ohio...hahaha....all this nonsense. I'm sure people think that you can ONLY be a pro if you graduate from the best universities.

This Roethlisberger "debate" still makes me laugh.

Philter25
12-06-2004, 01:27 PM
you know everybody's always talking about matt leinhart aaron rodgers but i never see anyone ever talkin bout jason white he's most liekly gonna be the heisman winner again and he plays great why dont we draft him?
Hes a good college passer and nothing more. Add him to the Wuerffel, Ryan Leaf, etc. etc. etc. club.

His success this year is because of Peterson at RB. Thats why he is putting up better numbers. The same can be said for Leinart and Bush. Only difference is Leinart has the TOOLS along with Rodgers to be an NFL project. Jason White is a NFL career backup at best.

Section126
12-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Brock Berlin would be a better NFL QB than White....what does that tell Ya?

Jason White = Geno Torretta

Boomer
12-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Brock Berlin would be a better NFL QB than White....

That's a bit of a stretch.

Section126
12-06-2004, 01:36 PM
That's a bit of a stretch.

Why?

Berlin has twice the arm than White.....

Berlin just can't read a defense to save his life....White is the same way....with half the physical skills.

In other words...they suck equally.

djfresh47
12-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Jason White is a 6th year senior whose blown out both knees. He shouldn't win the heismen-Matt Leinhart should. He puts up crazy numbers but so did Tim Couch, Jared Lorenzen, Gino Toretta, Charlie Ward, and every QB whose played for Texas Tech the last few years.

Philter25
12-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Jason White is a 6th year senior whose blown out both knees. He shouldn't win the heismen-Matt Leinhart should. He puts up crazy numbers but so did Tim Couch, Jared Lorenzen, Gino Toretta, Charlie Ward, and every QB whose played for Texas Tech the last few years.
Bush or Peterson should win the heisman. QB's this year are just not that good IMO.

finsnchips
12-06-2004, 04:44 PM
BJ Symons at Texas Tech and Timmy Chang at Hawaii.

They wouldn't ever touch an NFL field.

I would be interested in spending a 7th round pick on Chris Rix if he is still there. The guy just needs to get his screwed on.

Oboy
12-06-2004, 04:48 PM
I would be interested in spending a 7th round pick on Chris Rix if he is still there. The guy just needs to get his screwed on.

The only problem is that he has had 4 years to start at FSU to get his head screwed on and yet still plays like a schmuck sometimes. However, a 7th may be worth the risk. Maybe a good coach and some humility will help him work hard!?

Boomer
12-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Why?

Berlin has twice the arm than White.....

Berlin just can't read a defense to save his life....White is the same way....with half the physical skills.

In other words...they suck equally.

White is 1000 times more intelligent, better in the pocket, better poise, better touch, more consistent. Berlin has essentially had half a season of decent play, with some of the best athletes in college football. The fact that he can't read a defense whereas White can just about says it all.

musphinzfan
12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
I believe White is a good QB....I think he can make it in the NFL....Hes way better then Heupel,Gino,etc.....If he can throw the ball 60 yards he could easily make it in the NFL pending injuries check-ups....A project but worth a 5th rounder IMO.

Den54
12-06-2004, 05:56 PM
White is 1000 times more intelligent, better in the pocket, better poise, better touch, more consistent. Berlin has essentially had half a season of decent play, with some of the best athletes in college football. The fact that he can't read a defense whereas White can just about says it all.

He never had any problem reading FSU's defense. :lol:

MarinoEqualsGod
12-06-2004, 06:05 PM
He will NEVER be a success in the pros. And the Heisman doesn't mean anything...does Ty Detmer, Charlie Ward, Rashawn Salaam, Eric Crouch, Chris Wienke, and Danny Wuerfull ring a bell?

Boomer
12-06-2004, 06:14 PM
He never had any problem reading FSU's defense. :lol:

Even the sun shines on a dogs assss some days.

Boomer
12-06-2004, 06:16 PM
He will NEVER be a success in the pros. And the Heisman doesn't mean anything...does Ty Detmer, Charlie Ward, Rashawn Salaam, Eric Crouch, Chris Wienke, and Danny Wuerfull ring a bell?

Charlie Ward decided to play basketball, so that precludes him from any argument.

MarinoEqualsGod
12-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Charlie Ward decided to play basketball, so that precludes him from any argument.
Yeah, but he was drafted in the 7th round of the NFL draft, and he knew his future was a hell of a lot brighter in the NBA.

Phinphanatic13
12-06-2004, 06:27 PM
There is a difference between great college passers and great NFL passers. The day you learn what that difference is, the day you will truly understand the NFL draft.
Exactly. Look at Florida QB's and what they have done or haven't done in the pros. Grossman is the only one who will be worth anything it looks like.

Shamboubou
12-06-2004, 06:39 PM
What are the lottery numbers supposed to be this weekend??

We have so many physics in here you would think its a convention. Nobody knows if he is going to be a good QB. Its funny seeing the same people that say nobody knows if Feeley is going to be good or not say that somebody is never going to make it in the NFL.

phish729
12-06-2004, 07:16 PM
he has two blown knees

Phinsdude
12-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Then why is Leinhart on here. Average arm, average mobility. One of the best RB's in the nation, great receiving core. Has and O-line and a Defense. Now, why are you projecting him #1 on your draft board, but Jason White has not chance of being in the NFL?

Roman529
12-06-2004, 07:20 PM
See Eric Crouch, former Nebraska QB

Silent Hippy
12-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Brock Berlin would be a better NFL QB than White....what does that tell Ya?

Jason White = Geno Torretta
what school does Berlin and white play for?

Roman529
12-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Berlin=Miami
White=Oklahoma

ChambersWI
12-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Then why is Leinhart on here. Average arm, average mobility. One of the best RB's in the nation, great receiving core. Has and O-line and a Defense. Now, why are you projecting him #1 on your draft board, but Jason White has not chance of being in the NFL?

Leinhart has better tools. And to say Leinhart has a better OL than White is rediculous(as it is today his recieving corp is better)

The OL for USC as a redshirted freshman, true freshman, sophmore, and a jr college transfer on their line, while OU's line averages 35 starts a player.

Coming into this year Leinhart had no proven WRs, White had a Belitnikoff award canidate.

Only difference is USC has a better defense than OU.

Plus White's best weapon was running, and after two blown knees he no longer has that.

Now IMO the #1 QB is Rodgers(but it is very close), but White would be lucky to be drafted first day let alone 1st round.

Boomer
12-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Yeah, but he was drafted in the 7th round of the NFL draft, and he knew his future was a hell of a lot brighter in the NBA.

Reality check. Charlie Ward wasn't picked IN ANY ROUND because he made it clear he wasn't going to the NFL. He was also a likely 2nd round pick in football and would have been coming to the NFL at the time when mobile passers were just starting to become de rigeur.

nighttrain76
12-07-2004, 12:14 PM
People who think Jason White won't be NFL qb are just crazy!!!!!!!Have you seen this guy passing?? He is always on the money. And for those who thinks he isn't mobile...Jason was a moblie qb before. He'll make in the NFL...you can take that to the bank

dolphingator
12-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Soft, Injury-Prone, Overrated

I will be surprised if he is drafted AT ALL. Jason White has "camp arm" written all over him. Think in terms of Josh Heupel WITHOUT the stats.

And for all that he is 100 times better than rix. The idea of that lunkhead playing QB in the NFL is ludicrous.

You guys have GOT to get over this obsession with numbers. Height, 40 times, arm strength, blah, blah, are NOT what make good football players.

arsenal
12-07-2004, 12:30 PM
i think injuries effect him and his draft status... they say he has an average arm, but i think its fine enough for the NFL... i think he could be a good player...

Uggykurky
12-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Reality check. Charlie Ward wasn't picked IN ANY ROUND because he made it clear he wasn't going to the NFL. He was also a likely 2nd round pick in football and would have been coming to the NFL at the time when mobile passers were just starting to become de rigeur.

Charlie Ward is barely 6 foot. There is no way in hell he would have gone in the second round. You must be a FSU fan to over evaluate his talent as relates to NFL sucess.

Boomer
12-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Charlie Ward is barely 6 foot. There is no way in hell he would have gone in the second round. You must be a FSU fan to over evaluate his talent as relates to NFL sucess.

And Drew Brees and Michael Vick are 6 ft flat. Got something smart to say about that as well?

Ward was looked at, in the early part of 1994, before he made his decision to go to the NBA and after beating Nebraska, as coming off the board in the mid to late 2nd round.

burger13
12-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Kiper's top 5 draft eligible prospects

OFFENSE
Quarterback
1. Charlie Frye, Akron (same)
2. Jason Campbell, Auburn (same)
3. Dan Orlovsky, Connecticut (same)
4. Kyle Orton, Purdue (same)
5. Andrew Walter, Arizona State (same)

No Jason White??

I don't want to make it out that Kiper is the only authority on the NFL draft, but he is paid to rank these guys and a lot of his opinion comes from talking to NFL personnel people.......White is just not considered a good pro prospect. COULD he become one? Sure, but let's not start the 'draft Jason White' stuff until we get to at least the 6th rnd next April.

ChambersWI
12-07-2004, 04:22 PM

OFFENSE
Quarterback

No Jason White??

I don't want to make it out that Kiper is the only authority on the NFL draft, but he is paid to rank these guys and a lot of his opinion comes from talking to NFL personnel people.......White is just not considered a good pro prospect. COULD he become one? Sure, but let's not start the 'draft Jason White' stuff until we get to at least the 6th rnd next April.

Could he? At best IMO he would be a smarter version of Fiedler with a little bit more range. If he gets his mobility(he was one of the most mobile QB's in his class) he would have been a first day pick, 4th round at the worst. But because of his injuries, he isn't as effective as he would have been.

For all we know he could be the next Brady, but so could a number of other guys.

yankeehillbilly
12-07-2004, 04:28 PM
I believe White is a good QB....I think he can make it in the NFL....Hes way better then Heupel,Gino,etc.....If he can throw the ball 60 yards he could easily make it in the NFL pending injuries check-ups....A project but worth a 5th rounder IMO.\

Jim Druckenmiller used to work out with linemen... with about the same amount of weights. He could easily chuck the ball 60yds..or 70.

Why dont we see Mr Druckenmiller lighting up the NFL scoreboards?
Its not just about arm strength, a good NFL QB must also be smart, able read and adjust to defenses, have accuracy, have the ability to go through his progressions at NFL speed.

White has a strong arm and is pretty accurate. I question his abilities beyond that.

Roman529
12-07-2004, 04:35 PM

OFFENSE
Quarterback

No Jason White??

Mel is more infatuated with Frye, than John Madden is in love with Brett Favre. I don't get it?? I think White is one late-hit away from being on the permanently disabled list. I think White's success is largely due to defenses being afraid of Adrian Peterson blowing by for 30 yard runs. I would put Smith of Utah and Lefors of Louisville ahead of Walters who is tall but very slow. Orton has also fallen off the radar screens, and may not be drafted until the 3rd round. Jason Campbell threw for over 400 yards and ran for over 50 in his last game...he might be worth a shot. :confused:

Boomer
12-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Frye is a heck of a player which is why Kiper likes him. Campbell could well end up in the first round. To my mind he is the most intelligent and most improved of all the QB's available in the selection.

tomas101
12-08-2004, 12:42 AM
after a couple yrs of listening to mel kiper, he knows his qbs!!! and like he has said, white is only avg at best....also i think berlin would make a decent nfl qb...has a hell of an arm

tomas101
12-08-2004, 12:45 AM
another interesting fact...allen iverson was the best qb in college the same yr as vick came out...people were higher on iverson that vick, b/c he had a better arm and more mobile...wouldnt it be weird to see iverson being a qb?

Nappy Roots
12-08-2004, 01:03 AM
another interesting fact...allen iverson was the best qb in college the same yr as vick came out...people were higher on iverson that vick, b/c he had a better arm and more mobile...wouldnt it be weird to see iverson being a qb?

uhh.....no thats not a fact. Iverson was one of the best Highschool QBs when vick was in highschool. He says his first love is football, he would of been a WR in college. But he was a hell of a highschool QB. But he didnt play college football.