PDA

View Full Version : I Need Draft Opinions!!!

Phinmaster1354
08-25-2002, 01:13 PM
My draft is next week and I am in a 12 team two player keeper league!Our league we start one qb,2RB's,3 RECEIVERS,1TE,1DEF and !K!!
The players that got protected are as follows:
Qb's Culpepper,Warner,Garcia,Griese,Brooks,Manning
Rb's
Faulk,Fred Taylor,Edgerrin,Ahmen Green,A-TRAIN,A.Smith,Ricky Williams,Dillon,S.Alexander,Tomlison,Martin,George
Wr's
Moss, Owens,Harrison,Bruce,Rod Smith,Boston

My dilemma is I have the firt pick of the draft, I love McNabb but I will not get any upper tier RECEIVERS if I take him with the first pick since I won't pick until 24 slots after the first pick. All the good receivers will be gone!!??? If I pick Holt I should still be able to get a decent QB in McNair, Bledsoe Gannon, or even VICK??? Right???:confused:

MOULDSROCKS
08-26-2002, 02:47 AM
McNabb and a decent WR is worth far more than Holt and an average QB. IMHO.

Do ya think MOULDS will be available after McNabb.... He has been AWESOME this pre-season.... I am very glad I picked him in one of my leagues (I took him early and it was a reach at the time...)

Phinmaster1354
08-26-2002, 11:28 AM
Not to sound like a big head or anything. This LEAGUE I am in, we have been togetherfor 13 years now!! It's pretty much EXPERT!! As much as I hate to admit it, I thought of the scenerio of MOULDS being my #1 receiver with my 2nd pick but I know someone will snatch him!!! MOULDS with BLEDSOE will have a big year!!

mee
08-26-2002, 03:46 PM
How many players does each team protect? And who protected Fred Taylor?

I know he is capable of doing alot (when healthy) and the league I am in someone ALWAYS takes him by at least the second round but I just don't see it with all the injuries.

Oh and I say go with McNabb definately ... maybe they will eventually get some better talent around him then he would be unstoppable. but until then he is still a very good fantasy QB.

MOULDSROCKS
08-26-2002, 04:54 PM
oops i fordot the smilie!

i meant to put :D in the post!

Phinmaster1354
08-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Each team protects 2 players and I have protected FRED TAYLOR along with EDGE!!! So I have two unproven ex-injured RB's!!!!But if they regain their form can be utterly dangerous!! What do you think??

mee
08-27-2002, 08:38 AM
I think that's a KILLER backfield ... IF they can both stay healthy.

If they both put up numbers they are capable of putting up then you arte gonna be set. Though like I said I think Freddie is a bit of a gamble. I can only imagine if he gets injured again though; that you will not 'keep' him again.

My draft is this coiming Wed. With all the backs coming off injury this should be interesting. (Eddie George I think is gonna have a MONSTER year)

iceblizzard69
08-27-2002, 09:05 AM
Taylor can't stay healthy, Edge probably can.

Phinmaster1354
08-27-2002, 10:51 AM
I LOVE EDDIE GEORGE for Fantasy this year!! Unfortunately for me he was protected!! Speaking of the TITANS, What do you guys think of STEVE McNAIR this season for Fantasy? Who do you guys think is the BEST SLEEPER QB in this years DRAFT?

Phinmaster1354
08-27-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Taylor can't stay healthy, Edge probably can.

It came down to FRED TAYLOR, BRADY or GARNER??Everyone else I had sucked!! I had to go with TAYLOR because I think BRADY will have a tough year!! He's a one hit wonder!! I had to gamble on TAYLOR!!!

mee
08-27-2002, 02:22 PM
I think the sleeper QB ... if you can even call it a sleeper is whoever is playing up here in DC. The problem with Washington QBs is that you know that nut Spurrier is gonna be shuffling them around more than a 3 card monty dealer.

But that system is gonna put up numbers this year ... especially against the weaker secondaries of the NFC East.

mee
08-27-2002, 02:23 PM
Oh I had Brady last year also. I had to take him after Culpapper my 1st rounder decided along with the rest of the Vikings to suck. Brady did alright last year but you made the right call by protecting Freddie.