Konrad - 1 MM
Mare - 2.1 MM
------------------
Total - 8.6 MM

Then it's restructure:

Surtain
Seau
Madison

Hopefully we get 6 MM from those manuvers and Tim Bowens will tell us if he's going to retire or if he can go another year.

Jimmy James
12-06-2004, 02:58 AM
How do you get a savings from Mare? I don't see it at all.

It would appear he costs us based on the chart, and I think he costs us more if I remember right because there is guaranteed money in his contract somewhere.

LdoubleE80
12-06-2004, 03:22 AM
Seau is gone.

yankeehillbilly
12-06-2004, 05:13 AM
Seau is gone. Probably Derrius Thompson. Definately Fiedler. Maybe Timbo.

Mare may be cut, but not for cap reasons. Its cheaper cap-wise to keep Mare than to cut him.

outlawd2u
12-06-2004, 08:25 AM
I think we're just screwed cap wise, we're NOT going to be able to afford to fix the O-line AND sign that top draft pick, AND sign another RB that most people want AND get a viable QB. I hate to say it, but........ I think it's time to start lookin towards the future........And not the immediate future either

CrunchTime
12-06-2004, 08:37 AM
I think we're just screwed cap wise, we're NOT going to be able to afford to fix the O-line AND sign that top draft pick, AND sign another RB that most people want AND get a viable QB. I hate to say it, but........ I think it's time to start lookin towards the future........And not the immediate future either
Just one more reason to trade down and get multiple picks even if they are for future drafts.

Philter25
12-06-2004, 08:39 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY CLUMP!

Philter25
12-06-2004, 08:40 AM
How do you get a savings from Mare? I don't see it at all.

It would appear he costs us based on the chart, and I think he costs us more if I remember right because there is guaranteed money in his contract somewhere.
We dont get savings from Mare.

Ct Fin Freak 13
12-06-2004, 08:41 AM
Arturo Freeman should be outa here also he's not worth what he's making by a longshot

Philter25
12-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Right off the bat it looks like the following are gone:

Fiedler - 5.5 MM
Konrad - 1 MM
Mare - 2.1 MM
------------------
Total - 8.6 MM

Then it's restructure:

Surtain
Seau
Madison

Hopefully we get 6 MM from those manuvers and Tim Bowens will tell us if he's going to retire or if he can go another year.
Fiedler is gone, and Seau and TimBo are gone. Freeman at 3 million and in the final year of his might be gone if Bell starts playing well unless he restructures.

Konrad at his million is expandable depending if we keep all our WR's. Thompson or Boston might be on the way out. We dont need a #4 WR making over a million.

Same with StClair OR McIntosh..... It would be nice if Carey started at RT so we can get rid of StClair.

All in all, we are able to get under the cap pretty easily next year. Major problem comes when we want to sign FA's. I dont think we have the room to sign a FA LT or RB and resign Surtain.

Clumpy
12-06-2004, 09:15 AM
:foundout:

stork48
12-06-2004, 09:59 AM
where is sammy knight?

Philter25
12-06-2004, 09:59 AM
where is sammy knight?
Free agent. He has no cap in 2005.

Clumpy
12-06-2004, 10:00 AM
where is sammy knight?

If you do not see a player on the list, it means he's a FA of some type:

UFA, RFA, or EFA

stork48
12-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Free agent. He has no cap in 2005.

we need a list of FA's(with current salaries) to go along with this so we could see who needs to be resigned. that would make it a lot easier to assess the whole situation.

Philter25
12-06-2004, 10:06 AM
we need a list of FA's(with current salaries) to go along with this so we could see who needs to be resigned. that would make it a lot easier to assess the whole situation.
look at the 2004 cap page.

stork48
12-06-2004, 10:08 AM
wow! a third of those guys contracts are up at the end of 05. thats a lot of FA's!

Philter25
12-06-2004, 10:12 AM
wow! a third of those guys contracts are up at the end of 05. thats a lot of FA's!
yup. and the sad part is we are missing a lot of players and are still over the cap. People want to sign a QB with the first pick of the draft and somehow acquire a RB and Oline help...... As you can see from our cap and our roster, thats not possible. People also want to resign Surtain to a long deal. Again, as you can see, unless he takes a paycut, thats not possible.

stork48
12-06-2004, 10:14 AM
and we dont even know who will be trying to figure this out in the front office yet!

jmm13-54
12-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Thanks!

Freeman is scheduled to make $3,000,000 next year??

This has got to be a mistake...

Philter25
12-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks!

Freeman is scheduled to make $3,000,000 next year??

This has got to be a mistake...nope. hence why a bunch of us want him cut and Bell to take his place of Freeman to resign an extension at a lesser rate.

jmm13-54
12-06-2004, 10:21 AM
nope. hence why a bunch of us want him cut and Bell to take his place of Freeman to resign an extension at a lesser rate.

Well he is gone along with Seau and Fielder...That gets us back close to the cap level..

outlawd2u
12-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Looks like we might be bad for a long time...... A lot of these guys contracts are up in 05, and the only way to get out of cap hell is to let a lot of them go...... Doesn't look good to me

Clumpy
12-06-2004, 10:54 AM
the 2004 cap page will be updated later in the week. I need to review how players who are signed mid-season apply to the cap. :shakeno:

Ebenezer12
12-06-2004, 12:57 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=57995

Have at it kids. :cool:
$11 million over and you still have to resign your free agents?? Call hell sucks....we tried telling you...you can restructure all the deals you want but at some point your depth will be depleted and the hit catches up to you (look at how many players are extended out to 2007-2009 and you couldn't cut them if you wanted. You're biggest cap hits come from guys that can't be cut (except Surtain and Seau). Start cutting Surtain and Seau and Fiedler and others and you deplete your depth...now factor in the #2 pick in the draft (who will demand big money) and you guys are still behind the 8-ball. Hate to tell you...the problem is not going away next year. You have to take two years and gut this team.

Philter25
12-06-2004, 01:00 PM
$11 million over and you still have to resign your free agents?? Call hell sucks....we tried telling you...you can restructure all the deals you want but at some point your depth will be depleted and the hit catches up to you (look at how many players are extended out to 2007-2009 and you couldn't cut them if you wanted. You're biggest cap hits come from guys that can't be cut (except Surtain and Seau). Start cutting Surtain and Seau and Fiedler and others and you deplete your depth...now factor in the #2 pick in the draft (who will demand big money) and you guys are still behind the 8-ball. Hate to tell you...the problem is not going away next year. You have to take two years and gut this team.
Its called trading down in the draft to avoid paying a #2 pick in the draft and acquiring more picks.

We will be fine. Our youngsters have been lookin pretty good and we have players that want to be on our team who will restructure if needed : Thomas, Taylor, and Madison.

The only player who screws us is Howard.

Clumpy
12-06-2004, 01:05 PM

Eb: You are incorrect

Section126
12-06-2004, 01:34 PM
We are in a better position this offseason than we were last offseason.....and we had 11 million to spend last offseason...

We can do ALOT of things this offseason...

We cannot sign three studs however.....

Think Shaun Alexander and a top notch lineman.....and about three lower level players......

We also cannot draft a player in the number 2 spot...we have to trade that pick so we CAN take our two studs (Alexander and the big time Lineman)

Dphins4me
12-06-2004, 03:09 PM
We are in a better position this offseason than we were last offseason.....and we had 11 million to spend last offseason...

We can do ALOT of things this offseason...

We cannot sign three studs however.....

Think Shaun Alexander and a top notch lineman.....and about three lower level players......

We also cannot draft a player in the number 2 spot...we have to trade that pick so we CAN take our two studs (Alexander and the big time Lineman) Miami does not need to spend big money on a 28 year old RB who has already taken the pounding in the NFL for 5 years.

Miami does not need him. They need OL, before they need RB.

BALLS DEEP
12-06-2004, 03:16 PM
We signed Howard until 2008? For what earthly reason?

Philter25
12-06-2004, 03:20 PM
We signed Howard until 2008? For what earthly reason?
I think this was the worst move Spielman ever made. Not even Feeley or Gordon were this bad. Howard is essnetially pushing Pat Surtain out the door. God I wish Ricky would come back and take Reggie Howard with him. Thats the only way we are gettin rid of him for the next 2-3 years.

FIN-IN-RI
12-06-2004, 03:32 PM
I thought the cap was going to be set near 100 grand.

Philter25
12-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Then we would be lookin pretty nice.

Gunner
12-06-2004, 03:38 PM
yup. and the sad part is we are missing a lot of players and are still over the cap. People want to sign a QB with the first pick of the draft and somehow acquire a RB and Oline help...... As you can see from our cap and our roster, thats not possible. People also want to resign Surtain to a long deal. Again, as you can see, unless he takes a paycut, thats not possible.
Its very possible, we were 18 million over the cap last year and reworked/cut/extend enough salaries/contracts to get to 10 million under. We can do it again and resign the core players we need plus be a player in the F/A market.

1. We release Fiedler before June 1st, there is 5.4 million right off the bat.

2. Ditto with Thompson, another 1.2 million

3. We restructure Thomas & Taylor and/or garuntee a part of his salary, there is no telling how much can be shaved there ... perhaps as much as 3 to 4 million ..

4. Cut Seau and your down another 3.1 million

5. Surtain could be traded or have his contract restructured, Madison may very well be told again this year to take a big pay cut or be waived ...

So you see, there is potentially 20 million is available cap room. Not to mention the cap is probably going to jump next year with all the new tv revenue money comming up ... Take heart .. not all is as bad as it seems...

Gunner

MDolphins2003
12-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey guys question on the cap page.........

Sample: Jay Fiedler

Salary Cap: 5,775,000
Amoritized Bonuses: $1,344,583
Other Bonuseses: $1,000,000
Cap Hit: $8,119,583

Cap Savings Before 6/1: $5,430,417 (Is this what is removed from the 11 over?)

Dead Cap Before 6/1: $2,689,166 (Where does this come in?)

If Miami was over 11 million. What are they over now?

Philter25
12-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Gunner,

I think its manageable. I just dont think its possible when people want to draft a QB with the #2 pick, resign surtain, solve our LT and C needs through FAgency and then sign a high profile RB.

I think we can EASILY get under the cap, just staying under we will have to draft wisely and sign FA's wisely.

Madison however, I dont think he will restructure because of a threat this year. He knows we cant cut him, his cap hit would kill us. He restructures because he WANTS to play here and wants to stay here and retire a fin. I dunno about Surtain. I would like him to retire here but ONLY if he takes a paycut.

Philter25
12-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey guys question on the cap page.........

Sample: Jay Fiedler

Salary Cap: 5,775,000
Amoritized Bonuses: $1,344,583
Other Bonuseses: $1,000,000
Cap Hit: $8,119,583

Cap Savings Before 6/1: $5,430,417 (Is this what is removed from the 11 over?)

Dead Cap Before 6/1: $2,689,166 (Where does this come in?)

If Miami was over 11 million. What are they over now?
Ok cap savings is what we would save by getting rid of the player. Dead cap is the prorated portion of his signing bonus that we would take a cap hit on if we traded him. We are STUCK with the dead cap part of Fiedlers contract. We can save 5.4 mil by cutting him.

MDolphins2003
12-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Ok cap savings is what we would save by getting rid of the player. Dead cap is the prorated portion of his signing bonus that we would take a cap hit on if we traded him. We are STUCK with the dead cap part of Fiedlers contract. We can save 5.4 mil by cutting him.

Thanks man....I was not sure if the Cap Savings was subtracted from the Dead Cap.

Thanks again!!!

Ebenezer12
12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Eb: You are incorrect
you say that every year when I forcast doom and gloom for the Miami cap...and then my forecast comes true...stop being soft because they like you here.

Philter25
12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
you say that every year when I forcast doom and gloom for the Miami cap...and then my forecast comes true...stop being soft because they like you here.
every year? am i missing something? or did websters dictionary change the definition of "doom and gloom." into a 9-7, 10-6, 11-5 contending team?

Nicky Napoleon
12-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Looking at the cap page if we trade Surtain for a late 1st, cut Seau, Feidler, Konrad, David Bowens, Tim Bowens, St. Clair, and Freeman we could be as much as 12 million under the cap. Also what is the cap hit for dropping Boston?

NathanHunt
12-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Well ladies, they don't call it rebuilding for nothing. Time to part ways and plan for the future. I've been saying it all along, you can't rebuild and keep the stars. It doesn't work that way.

It's time to think about the future. And, I'm sorry, but 1 or 2 bad moves (debatable) on Rick's behalf does not cover up 4 years of bad drafts by Wanny. Let us not forget, the reason we need depth is Wanny.

My cuts (cap savings/dead cap):

1) J. Fieldler - $5.43M/$2.69M
2) R. Konrad - $.95M/$.30M
3) D. Thompson - $1.2M/$.56M
4) J. Seau - $3.15M/$.70M
5) P. Surtain - $5.85M/$2.53M (trade)
6) A. Freeman - $3M/$0M

My restructures/resignings (cap hit):

1) J. St. Clair - $1.4M
2) D. Bowens - $2.2M
3) T. Bowens - $2.9M (retire?)
4) L. Chester - $2.5M (injury status?)

That's roughly $19.6M in savings with $6.78M dead space to carry forward. Without addressing the outlined restructures/resignings. I know die hards LUV Surtain, but $5.85M is TOO much CAP to GAIN and we CANNOT pay him what he deserves. Tough decisions have to be made. Cutting him loose might prolong other players sticking around. Keep that in mind as well.

I did not include Mac or Feeley in my thoughts. I think one must truly consider the FUTURE. With Mac, we can honestly walk away and hardly even flinch. The backside of his contract might not be so appealing in a few years.

Feeley is definitely a potential cut. But, honestly, I think it is foolish to jettison the guy since he has no ties to the "old" Fins and the jury is still out. NO MATTER HOW MANY DEBATES ARE HAD.

The Defensive interior is in DIRE need of a HEALTHY overhaul. We need YOUTH and HEALTH at the position. Looks like at least 2 or 3 DT signing/draftees in camp this year.

My Draft board (in order of importance):

1) RB (Benson AND Gordon - in this league TWO "franchise" caliber backs are needed)
2) LT
3) DT
4) DT
5) LB/ST
6) S/ST

My Free Agent Board (in order of importance):

1) LT
2) DT

I only list two FAs because I feel the $$$$ necessary to get the two positions will come at a PREMIUM. If we get a LT in FA, none needed in draft. However, 3 new options at DT wouldn't offend me simply due to health. We need to focus on Draft QUALITY and DEPTH. It is time to make the Draft our centerpiece of incoming talent. And then make KEY additions in FA with QUALITY YOUNG TALENT.

These ARE MY OPINIONS. I don't care who you LOVE or HATE... it's time to put away the women and children and get to work. SUFFER NOW or SUFFER LATER... that is the Cap Motto. We've already started bleeding with this year... a little more pain ain't gonna hurt. DO IT RIGHT!

Oh, and remember, I don't care how big the name is... EVERYONE is EXPENDIBLE.

Philter25
12-06-2004, 04:45 PM
you missed only one thing. a center. thats GOTTA be on your draft board.

Silent Hippy
12-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Bye Jay....
should of been 3 years ago

Lungoystr
12-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Its called trading down in the draft to avoid paying a #2 pick in the draft and acquiring more picks.

We will be fine. Our youngsters have been lookin pretty good and we have players that want to be on our team who will restructure if needed : Thomas, Taylor, and Madison.

The only player who screws us is Howard.
Another thing to take into consideration is the position for which you spend a #2 pick for. Example, a LT or C will cost less to sign than a QB. So, while it would be better to trade down and acquire more picks, we may not have a choice but to take the #2 pick (if noone wants to make that deal). Either way it is still cheaper to build up our O-line (our #1 priority) than to go after that top QB.

I feel, however, that if Surtain is cut, Madison will want to go elsewhere as well. From what I have read here on this board, Madison would cost more to cut than Pat. If we are to make room, it is definitely going to have to come from the defensive side of the ball. That's the price we pay when we put 70% of our cap on one side of the ball. :smackhead

NLude33
12-06-2004, 04:52 PM
If we trade Surtain, we don't take a dead money cap hit do we? Don't we trade his signing bonus too?

NathanHunt
12-06-2004, 05:02 PM
you missed only one thing. a center. thats GOTTA be on your draft board.

YUP... THANKS!

(I'm at work, sorry for the brain lapse!)

PHINZ RULE!

Silent Hippy
12-06-2004, 05:04 PM
just wait till the off season

Ebenezer12
12-06-2004, 05:30 PM
If we trade Surtain, we don't take a dead money cap hit do we? Don't we trade his signing bonus too?
nope..that gets escalated into that year's cap and the 'Fins eat it.

NathanHunt
12-06-2004, 05:32 PM
nope..that gets escalated into that year's cap and the 'Fins eat it.

Weird Al... is that you?

JUST EAT IT! (in a cheap zipper ladened PLeather jacket!)

Roman529
12-06-2004, 07:46 PM
So long Jay, so long Olindo.

NaboCane
12-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Its very possible, we were 18 million over the cap last year and reworked/cut/extend enough salaries/contracts to get to 10 million under. We can do it again and resign the core players we need plus be a player in the F/A market.

1. We release Fiedler before June 1st, there is 5.4 million right off the bat.

2. Ditto with Thompson, another 1.2 million

3. We restructure Thomas & Taylor and/or garuntee a part of his salary, there is no telling how much can be shaved there ... perhaps as much as 3 to 4 million ..

4. Cut Seau and your down another 3.1 million

5. Surtain could be traded or have his contract restructured, Madison may very well be told again this year to take a big pay cut or be waived ...

So you see, there is potentially 20 million is available cap room. Not to mention the cap is probably going to jump next year with all the new tv revenue money comming up ... Take heart .. not all is as bad as it seems...

Gunner

Thank you; this is what I've been saying, guys.

This (2005) is also the year to bite the bullet and eat some cap hits on guys that won't be around in a couple of years anyway, make big Money and will be useless to us during the next 2-3 rebuilding years: Zach & Madison. Trade them, get value for them now while they have value, replace them with cap-friendly rookie contracts and we're building a foundation for the future.

Muck
12-07-2004, 12:13 AM

Really?? As of August 4th, we were about $10.5 million under for 2004. What are we now, like $6 million?? And with Ricky we'd be at what, $2.5 million??

I'll take my gloom and doom with sprinkles. :)

GridIronKing34
12-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Wow... And I thought ESPN NFL 2K5's Miami Salary Cap problems were tough... I think we'll need to drop what we can, Fielder, Thompson, Seau, you know the list and we'll more than likely have to trade down, take a top notch RB (Cadalliac) or something, we can't afford the "future" quarterback as some may call Leinhart or Rodgers, hopefully we'll get Childress... He'll change the offense to his philosophy and Feeley will play better because of that... We can only hope for the last part...

Clumpy
12-07-2004, 11:14 AM

Trade (possible) or release (not likely) results in same thing since he only has one season remaining. Miami would have dead cap of $2.53 million on 2005 cap but would save $5.85 million

GazPhin
12-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Chambers bonus being guaranteed saves how much (seems like his contract was structured that way for this reason)? What else do you see as essential moves?

GazPhin
12-07-2004, 11:36 AM

D'ya mean 100 mill?

Clumpy
12-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Chambers bonus being guaranteed saves how much (seems like his contract was structured that way for this reason)? What else do you see as essential moves?

I'm working on this. In the coming days I will start posting what I would do.

Chambers: Yes, I believe Miami will just guarantee his $5 million roster bonus over the remaining 5 yrs and it will save $4 million on 2005

Clumpy
12-07-2004, 12:02 PM
D'ya mean 100 mill?

I saw something about the 2006 cap being $100 million but 2005 is still estimated at about $84 million

fin-atic
12-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Guys:

Relax!! We hear this crap every year. And Clumpy gets it started. We are always in supposed "Cap Jail". But players rework, and Clumps numbers are not always right, close, but not always right. When the dust settles we have money. It just works out.

We will cut, rework, and in the end the Fins will have money to spend.

Clumpy
12-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Guys:

Relax!! We hear this crap every year. And Clumpy gets it started. We are always in supposed "Cap Jail". But players rework, and Clumps numbers are not always right, close, but not always right. When the dust settles we have money. It just works out.

What crap? I just provide numbers :confused:

Plus, I do not claim to be 100% correct

I've already said y'all will only have a tight cap, not "cap jail"

GazPhin
12-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Guys:

He may give us some good-natured ribbing as the fan of a division rival but his work on the cap is very helpful.

As to the fact that it always works out even though we always look like we're in trouble - I believe that's by design. Huizenga agrees to full expenditure on the Cap, the GM/HC use it. Contracts are designed to be re-negotiated regularly to keep the ball rolling. We started off about $17 Million over last year and ended up with $15 Million for FA. We just run our cap that way.

Is it the best way? The Chargers have been through a tough time in recent season but they're now winning. They're projected about $21 Million under so if they want to franchise and keep their revelation of a QB aswell as their high-priced rookie they can. They just seem to have a different cap philosophy. As do tight-wad Minnesota.

FIN-IN-RI
12-07-2004, 01:08 PM
D'ya mean 100 mill?

:o

Danny1339
12-08-2004, 06:22 AM
Lose....
Morris 600k
Fiedler 5,430,417
Konrad 950k
Thompson 1,200,000
St.Cair 1,100,000
Williams 900,000
Bowens 780,000
Seau 3,151,250
Freeman 3,000,000

Total Savings $17,111,667

NLude33
12-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Lose....
Morris 600k
Fiedler 5,430,417
Konrad 950k
Thompson 1,200,000
St.Cair 1,100,000
Williams 900,000
Bowens 780,000
Seau 3,151,250
Freeman 3,000,000

Total Savings $17,111,667
But now you have to sign a new FB, another WR, another LB, and two new DT. I think is said were are 11 million over, so in your proposal, we're 6 million under with all these people to sign, that won't be upgrades. So now what do you do?

NathanHunt
12-08-2004, 01:59 PM
What crap? I just provide numbers :confused:

Plus, I do not claim to be 100% correct

I've already said y'all will only have a tight cap, not "cap jail"

Clumpy,
To be honest, you do not need to allow yourself to be sucked into this type of confrontation. Just allow your contributions to do the talking for you.

I've been on this board since before the draft. I've found your contributions to add insight and legitimacy to many threads on this board. Many members indirectly/directly reference your work as the foundation for their viewpoints.

Granted, non-NFL types are not going to be cap geniuoses. But, your work at least facilitates conjecture that otherwise may not be exchanged. I think everyone understands exactness is not the point. I think more importantly, we understand your work is as accurate as WE need it to be.

Please do not be offended by the words of someone less appreciative. And, remember, it is easy for "arm chair GMs" to reject or refute the work of someone else.... yet they offer no work of their own in rebuttal.

Your work may not necessarily bleed aqua and orange, but it does help add validity to a web site we enjoy. A web site that supports our team.

And, remember, many of us really do believe in a place called "Clumpytown".

Won't you take me?

CLUMPY ROCKS!

:cooldude:

jaxdolfan
12-08-2004, 02:12 PM
We may be dumb, but at least we never paid year with %5m for Johnson and $5M for Flutie.

Philter25
12-08-2004, 03:55 PM
But now you have to sign a new FB, another WR, another LB, and two new DT. I think is said were are 11 million over, so in your proposal, we're 6 million under with all these people to sign, that won't be upgrades. So now what do you do?
Morris should stay, Knorad should go. Morris and whoever can handle the FB duties.

WR we are fine. Gilmore can be the #4 WR and we can try out a scrub for the #5 WR spot.... thats if Booker, Boston and CC are the 1-3 WR's.

LB, nah. We are fine with Seau leaving. Pope, Moore, and Greenwood can handle the rotation with Bua coming in if he doesnt get reps at Safety. We can always draft one in the later rounds also. Greenwood should be resigned.

We can alsy guarantee some of CC, ZT, and JT's cash to free up 3-4 million so that should help us out.

We are NOT in cap hell, but we are tight. Its not a problem, but it WILL hinder who we can and cant sign as a FA. Basically, its REALLY important that AJ shows improvement because he is REALLY CHEAP compared to other starting QBs in the NFL and that would allow us to trade the #2 pick in the draft to acquire another starter.

Clumpy
12-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Clumpy,
To be honest, you do not need to allow yourself to be sucked into this type of confrontation. Just allow your contributions to do the talking for you.

I've been on this board since before the draft. I've found your contributions to add insight and legitimacy to many threads on this board. Many members indirectly/directly reference your work as the foundation for their viewpoints.

Granted, non-NFL types are not going to be cap geniuoses. But, your work at least facilitates conjecture that otherwise may not be exchanged. I think everyone understands exactness is not the point. I think more importantly, we understand your work is as accurate as WE need it to be.

Please do not be offended by the words of someone less appreciative. And, remember, it is easy for "arm chair GMs" to reject or refute the work of someone else.... yet they offer no work of their own in rebuttal.

Your work may not necessarily bleed aqua and orange, but it does help add validity to a web site we enjoy. A web site that supports our team.

And, remember, many of us really do believe in a place called "Clumpytown".

Won't you take me?

CLUMPY ROCKS!

:cooldude:

Thanks for the support :up:

Philter25
12-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the support :up:
good job clump.:D