PDA

View Full Version : who would u guys arther they draft mcpherson or alex smith

dominizzo
12-06-2004, 09:47 PM
i prefer mcpherson hes more mobile with a cannon arm??

Prime
12-06-2004, 09:48 PM
:confused:

AtticusFinz
12-06-2004, 09:50 PM
If he comes out, HELL YEA! can prolly get him for a 3rd rounder, guy is super talented!

Bling
12-06-2004, 09:52 PM
McPherson

AtticusFinz
12-06-2004, 09:55 PM
:confused: I think he means,

Adrian McPherson,
used to be the FloridaState QB rookie season, got into trouble for gambling, he played in the arena leauge for the Indiana Firebirds and LIT UP THE LEAUGE!

woody1351
12-06-2004, 09:58 PM
i would rather have smith bc he doesnt have all the off field problems. im sick of that ****. drugs, roids, whatever cecil collins did, all that ****. i just want a good kid. but mcpherson is a better player

Bling
12-06-2004, 09:59 PM
I think he means,

Adrian McPherson,
used to be the FloridaState QB rookie season, got into trouble for gambling, he played in the arena leauge for the Indiana Firebirds and LIT UP THE LEAUGE!

I want to say it was his Sophomore year not Freshman.

Bling
12-06-2004, 10:01 PM
i would rather have smith bc he doesnt have all the off field problems. im sick of that ****. drugs, roids, whatever cecil collins did, all that ****. i just want a good kid. but mcpherson is a better player

He hasn't committed a crime since his gambling days, I'd be scared if he was a wife beater, or had a history, but I'd take the risk of him.

AtticusFinz
12-06-2004, 10:01 PM
I really think Adrian is more talented then MikeVick

AtticusFinz
12-06-2004, 10:03 PM
http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/AdrianMcPhersonINterview.htm

Sirspud
12-06-2004, 11:02 PM
A guy like Mcpherson probably isn't worth an extremely early pick. He's a wild card for sure, and I'll admit I haven't really heard of him recently, although i knew he had gone to the AFL to play under Steve Deberg I think.

SMadison29
12-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Neither. Smith isn't leaving & only has an average arm, which is something our offense can't handle. And no to McPherson because of his character.

outtawack311
12-06-2004, 11:05 PM
We have to draft him? I didnt know you still had to draft people from arena league. Whats the rule on that?

SMadison29
12-06-2004, 11:12 PM
We have to draft him? I didnt know you still had to draft people from arena league. Whats the rule on that?

You have to be 3 years removed from HS to enter the NFL draft no matter what.

Phishstix
12-06-2004, 11:28 PM
the threat of the read option makes alex smith look great, but he's usually facing single coverage or only has to read one side of the field when he passes. his arm isn't that strong, and he's a little on the skinny side. on the plus side, he's a winner and a great leader, and he takes care of the football.

mcpherson has all the physical tools in the world but a lot of teams will hold off on him b/c of his off-field problem. he takes care of the football well too, and that is especially tough playing the cracker jack box. one thing i noticed at fsu is that he wasn't a good crunch time qb, but he may have had a reason not to be good in crunch time, hate to say.

all that said, if the org. doesn't take leinart with #2, i'd go for mcpherson

RHoffman
12-06-2004, 11:31 PM
if you have the #2 pick...you take Leinart or Rodgers...instead of waiting to a later round.

outtawack311
12-07-2004, 01:02 AM
You have to be 3 years removed from HS to enter the NFL draft no matter what.

Then how come I see teams pick up arena league recievers late like june. Do they enter the draft every year and just not get picked and become Undrafted free agents?

djfresh47
12-07-2004, 01:28 AM
I would prefer them to draft Adrian McPherson because I think he'll be available in the 7th rd or even get signed as an undrafted FA. Alex Smith is not gonna be an NFL starter he doesn't have the arm, he's a good college QB but he won't be a good NFL QB because of his lack of arm strength. I'd rather have Leinhart or Rodgers.

tomas101
12-07-2004, 01:37 AM
by draft time, there will be better qbs to choose from...niether lienart or rodgers are worth the first 3 picks...they just dont impress me that much...they seem to do well b/c of the talent around them

idaho
12-07-2004, 03:15 AM
by draft time, there will be better qbs to choose from...niether lienart or rodgers are worth the first 3 picks...they just dont impress me that much...they seem to do well b/c of the talent around them
I would agree on the lienart surrounded by talent, but not rodgers. His reciever corp is slow. His ofensive help is the running back but I cann't remember the backs name.