PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Arriington...worth our top 5 pick??

footballer
12-07-2004, 09:37 PM
yea, I know...blah blah blah...he might not be top 5 worthy but I would love to see this guy toking(hahah) the rock for us next year...well unless we could get m. bennett or s. alexander...we need a back, o-line help,and until further proven a QB who doesnt throw clutch picks for touchdowns in the last 2 mins of the game...

woody1351
12-07-2004, 09:40 PM
no

stork48
12-07-2004, 09:42 PM
sounds like a good list, lets send it to salary cap santa and see if our dreams come true!

muscle979
12-07-2004, 09:43 PM
No

footballer
12-07-2004, 09:45 PM
He's much more a game breaker than c. benson...this cat can run the rock...i do admit, not top 5 worthy, but maybe a trade down or two, andguess who might be setting there..do your research on this guy...or just click this link...............
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=144980
..oh yeah, check out his average per carry....

LIQUID24
12-07-2004, 09:53 PM
I like Arrington as much as anyone, but he is definetely not worth a top 5 pick. In fact, NO RB is (maybe Peterson if he was eligible). Arrington would be good value in the 3rd round, but he might be gone by then (depending on his workout).

ChambersWI
12-07-2004, 09:58 PM
I'd like JJ, but he'll be available in the 3rd round.

Fresh
12-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Arrington isn't even 1st/2nd round value on most credible boards right now. Most people have him 3rd-4th round. Top 5? You've got to be kidding me. With a GREAT combine, he won't even leap that high. Actually, Arrington will probably need a great combine just to get into round 2.

1st round? I'll pass without question.

Cedric Benson all the way if we're going RB...

Fresh
12-07-2004, 10:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=144980
..oh yeah, check out his average per carry....

It's college football, man. You have to learn that stats pretty much mean nothing when it comes to the draft.

Hell, why doesn't someone suggest drafting Jason White in the top 5, and posting a link to his player profile saying, "Check out these numbers"? Exactly.

iceblizzard69
12-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Arrington is a late first day pick at best. He is an excellent college RB but not much more.

finswin56
12-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Definately not a 1st rounder.
Plus, I wouldn't want to see us draft any RB w/ our #1, unless we trade down and get 2 #1's.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-08-2004, 01:08 AM
I think Arrington is one of the most underrated players coming from the college game this draft!

Nappy Roots
12-08-2004, 01:13 AM
quick question cause i dont actually sit down and watch college football besides the ACC and SEC...........why is he not a pro back? at 5'11 210, he may be a bit thin, but he can put on pounds and 5'11 is the perfect RB size i think. If he was 215-220, and he could run like he did in college, why not?

I mean, did he not break tackles in college? i seriously dont know, these are real questions, again, i dont watch any other conferences beside ACC-SEC..

He ran extremely well against every team this year, including USC.....whats the deal with this kid?

Nublar7
12-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Benson and the duo from Auburn are the only three RBs worth a 1st round pick. I we trade down and pick up an additional 1st rounder, I wouldn't mind having one of those three here.

aj13
12-08-2004, 01:47 AM
i saw a thing on benson yesterday that showed just how poor the texas passing game is...how benson is facing 8 man fronts pretty much every down and how he still is putting up extraordinary numbers...

Nublar7
12-08-2004, 01:52 AM
i saw a thing on benson yesterday that showed just how poor the texas passing game is...how benson is facing 8 man fronts pretty much every down and how he still is putting up extraordinary numbers...The RB position is actually probably the easiest position to transfer from the College level to the Pros. Every other position usually takes a few years. Alexander or Edge would be nice, but we could get a very good back in someone like Benson and have him around for at least 5-6 years at a relativley cheap price.

NaboCane
12-08-2004, 02:27 AM
i saw a thing on benson yesterday that showed just how poor the texas passing game is...how benson is facing 8 man fronts pretty much every down and how he still is putting up extraordinary numbers...

But Texas' OL averages like 550lbs per man, don't they? :evil:

BlueFin
12-08-2004, 08:08 AM
I'd like JJ, but he'll be available in the 3rd round.
Doubt it, after the bowls, combines and workouts look for him to slide into the first, early second at the latest.....the most productive back in the country and loaded with talent.

footballer
12-08-2004, 08:24 AM
ok, good points. not a top 5 back. but Arrington brings visions of clinton portis to my head. i like reggie bush too, but he's a sophomore..i dont like benson (biased against texas, and mack brown..im a tarheel) but certainly wouldnt be upset if we got him...ok, this post like all posts right now are irrevelant...i'm just thrown out isht to see what sticks t the wall..but i cant believe you guys dont think Arrington is a first round talent..have you seen this guy run?

SMadison29
12-10-2004, 12:19 AM
There are three RBs worthy of a top 5 pick this year & that's just the problem, there's 3. If we don't find our RB in free agency(James or Alexander) & are satisfied with Feeley, then trading down for Benson or Brown would be a great move.

dolfan06
12-17-2004, 01:51 PM
i saw a thing on benson yesterday that showed just how poor the texas passing game is...how benson is facing 8 man fronts pretty much every down and how he still is putting up extraordinary numbers...i like the idea of benson coming to miami, but arrington is a good back. not first rounder though, we have more important issues at hand! ;)