PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins need to draft first day QB

nick1
12-09-2004, 10:49 AM
most of you don't want us to but Feeley won't cut it as a starter and we can't keep picking up QBs who other teams have experimented with and who have failed, we need our own QB and we have done well when drafting a first round QB such as Marino. I think we should draft either Matt Leinart or Alex Smith, I think Alex Smith will be a good QB in this league, he's extremely smart, he can scramble and has a good arm. Thoughts?

brech10
12-09-2004, 12:11 PM
I go back an forth on this.
There are some good QBs out there outside the big 3 or 4
(Andrew Walter, Dan Orlovsky, Adrien McPherson)

I say we focus more on these types of guys with our second pick and use the first pick to improve the running game. That would be a nice scenario.

merlin00069
12-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Im a sucker for 1st round QB's as well....i guess like others im waiting for the savior at QB and think he can only be found in the first round, which isn't true, but unfortunatly i get caught wanting to pick a QB in the first round. Rodgers if he enters the draft with the 2nd overall pick i say. =), and if you can't get him trade down refill the team and wait to get him next year.(lol...like that will ever happen)

DonShula84
12-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Success with Marino doesnt mean we will get lucky again. Also if we were to take Alex Smith we would have to trade down in the draft he isnt worthy of a top 5 pick. I'd prefer waiting to see how Feeley finishes the season, realizing that he is still developing, hopfully he shows some progress and we can use our first pick on a RB or olineman. I'd be all for using one of our later picks (3rd round on) for a qb and letting him develop behind Feeley and cutting Fiedler

nick1
12-09-2004, 09:26 PM
just seeing Feeley play the last 3 games I see that he is not the guy for this team or any team for that matter, he does not have poise, good game mangement, and he chokes late in the game with a chance to win the game... Alex Smith is worth the number 1 pick especially if he gets the Heisman. Even if he doesn't he is still a great QB. He has a 3.8 GPA which means he can learn new things fast, he doesn't throw INTs that often, he has a good arm and boy can he scramble.

Philter25
12-14-2004, 05:06 PM
just seeing Feeley play the last 3 games I see that he is not the guy for this team or any team for that matter, he does not have poise, good game mangement, and he chokes late in the game with a chance to win the game... Alex Smith is worth the number 1 pick especially if he gets the Heisman. Even if he doesn't he is still a great QB. He has a 3.8 GPA which means he can learn new things fast, he doesn't throw INTs that often, he has a good arm and boy can he scramble.Alex Smith will be available in the 4th round........

merlin00069
12-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Yeap. I think Smith will be available later in the draft ...perhaps not 4th, maybe 2nd-3rd depending on how he performs in the combine. I do have to reiterate and say that if Rodgers declares we should take him, i think he's worth it, but in order to do that were going to need to pick up some o-linemen in free agency.

HysterikiLL
12-23-2004, 08:58 AM
I think Miami NEEDS a franchise QB...If Alex Smith is available...GET HIM...and if so, take Benson in the first round then, or I guess trade up and take two good lineman..

But Miami needs a QB to call their own. Somebody who can buy into the team's schemes, it'd be better if this could happen now being with Saban and all...

FinsNYanksFan13
12-23-2004, 04:21 PM
I don't agree with hysterikill that we should draft Alex Smith but I do agree with him that we need to draft a QB to call our own. Every other team has done it except for us. The time is now for us to draft a QB and groom him to be our future!

BLUESTIGIDY
12-27-2004, 05:59 PM
1st-DT (stud)
2nd-OL
3rd-QB
4th-RB or DB

:cooldude: That should be our direction in the draft in my opinion!!!

PHINSfan
12-30-2004, 09:33 AM
What we must remember is that thanks to our bone-head ex-coach Feeley didn't play as much as he should had in the pre season and also this season. Remember this guy did not have a long college carrer and due to our terrible 0-line it's not fair to evaluate him. From the beginning of the year till now Feeley has gotten better, who knows what he will due next year with better coaching and hopefully with a much better 0-line. We gave up a 2nd rounder for him so lets give the kid one more year to see what he can do. I belive that our greatest needs are at LT and RB. With our first round pick we should pick the top rated LT available, and possibly go after a top RB via free agency. Then with our 3rd rounder draft the best available QB (Alex, or possibly Dan Ovlosky) to give Feeley competition.

nick1
12-30-2004, 10:34 AM
My view on this has changed, I no longer think we need a first day QB because Feeley has soon promise. We do need a 2nd day QB for a back-up

Philter25
12-30-2004, 11:34 AM
My view on this has changed, I no longer think we need a first day QB because Feeley has soon promise. We do need a 2nd day QB for a back-up :up: Welcome to the club kid.... it just sometimes takes people longer to see the light!

Deez Nutz
01-01-2005, 01:17 AM
I've decided that if the Dolphins draft a QB, I think it should be Stefan LeFors

acmeanvil49
01-04-2005, 03:17 PM
I agree with the Stephan LeFors choice, while I realize he probably won't be drafted, he should land in someones NFL camp.
If you can get past the 6' 200 lbs frame, LeFors is a leader and flat out wins.

I don't think he has yet to reach his potential as a QB.
He solicited his own highlight tape around to colleges after no DI schools Recruited him. He was burried on the depth chart at Louisville and sat behind Dave Ragone (Houston Texans) and then beat out Justin Rascati the Florida H.S. player of the year to become C-USA offensive player of the year his junior year, then beat out Kentucky football player of the year Brian Brohm his senior year and led Louisville to a 11-1 record.

Adrian McPherson is also high on my list as a prospect. I think he would be a steal.
The Dolphins should address the RB spot 1st and maybe a later round steal will be another Louisville Cardinal junior Eric Shelton who is mulling over declaring for the dratf.

Another point ....with all the QB issues the Dolphins had this year why didn't NFL Europe standout Clint Stoerner who was allocated to the Dolphins.

In 9 NFL Europe games he threw for 1,302-yards and 9 TD's.
We turned around and signed old timer Jason Garrett who hadn't thrown a pass in 3 years.

korl68
01-07-2005, 01:50 AM
I guess the 49ers won all those Super Bowls because they got by with an average QB or Pitts or Dallas.

You might get lucky and get to a Super Bowl and maybe win one with an average QB but you will never be a dynasty or dominant for years without a franchise QB.

Phin19
01-07-2005, 03:16 AM
we have an opportunity to take a franchise QB, we shouldn´t let it go cause we could regret it big time.

although Feeley has progressed there is a HUGE risk on counting on him to be a franchise QB in the future. we can keep him but still draft a QB like Rodgers.

if Feeley pans out next season we have two good QB´s if he doesn´t and we don´t take a chance in the draft, we´re in trouble.

QB is the most important position in football and we must make sure that we have an impact player to establish a good team in this new era for the franchise, neglecting this position and being overconfident in one guy could haunt our future.

dolfan348454999
01-13-2005, 08:12 PM
With the aging Deffence we don't have time for a rookie QB to mature. We need to get a veteran QB in free agency or a trade. Then trade down with a team like dallas or san diego who has two first round picks since we don't have a second round pick and there are alot of whole to fill. Then they should pick up OL or DT, because we will probubly get Shaun Alexander.

Phishstix
01-18-2005, 04:55 AM
My view on this has changed, I no longer think we need a first day QB because Feeley has soon promise. We do need a 2nd day QB for a back-up

ask yourself this: did you see any dropoff when sage made his first start? i didn't, and that concerns me. sage didn't play that well, yet it was the same type of performance we've seen out of the qbs all season. imo this org. is in dire need of a franchise qb, and stop f'ing around trying to turn garbage into gold.

CDSrocks
01-18-2005, 10:41 AM
I agree...the Dolphins absolutely need to address this very early in the draft--either with their first pick or their second--no lower than that, IMHO.

CDSrocks
01-18-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll try to post a list of the QB as provided by Consensus Draft Services in a new thread in just a second. Check it out and tell me who you like:

1. With the first pick
2. middle rounds
3. 7th round or RFA.

TIA...

acmeanvil49
01-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Offense needs to be addressed, specifically QB & RB. Unfortunately I think the Dolphins don't have the luxery of grooming a rookie under a vetern QB unless my some miricle the fins can land a FA vetern like Warner to start until a draft pick is ready.

I say trade down, a top 10 QB in this draft isn't much of a drop off from the 1 or 2 rated guy.

Sign Warner, draft McPherson, keep Feeley one more year then dump him too. We can't get anything for Feeley anyway after the year he had.

Great_One
01-19-2005, 06:20 AM
If a franchise QB is on the board, take him. They are hard to come by. However, Feeley is contracted I believe for 4 years at 5 million per year (I could be wrong about his contract). I can't imagine that any team would want a QB making 5 million sitting on the bench. The big question is what to do with Feeley? Stick with him and hope that he becomes a top QB in the NFL, or to start the rebuilding process with a young QB?

dolfan06
01-19-2005, 12:03 PM
we have an opportunity to take a franchise QB, we shouldn´t let it go cause we could regret it big time.

although Feeley has progressed there is a HUGE risk on counting on him to be a franchise QB in the future. we can keep him but still draft a QB like Rodgers.

if Feeley pans out next season we have two good QB´s if he doesn´t and we don´t take a chance in the draft, we´re in trouble.

QB is the most important position in football and we must make sure that we have an impact player to establish a good team in this new era for the franchise, neglecting this position and being overconfident in one guy could haunt our future.its really hard to decide on what to do. we need a QB now, anybody out of college is gonna take time to develop. the only one i know of that went right off the git-go was marino! i'm glad i don't have thousands of screaming fans waiting for me to make a decision. i'll just sit back and do a little screaming myself! :D