PDA

View Full Version : Coack K

FinsNYanksFan13
12-13-2004, 01:41 AM
Congratulations Coach K who won his 700th game!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=243470150

FinsNYanksFan13
12-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Ok, looks like no one recognizes greatness when they see it. Coach K has made Dean Smith his B*tch!

nyjunc
12-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Ok, looks like no one recognizes greatness when they see it. Coach K has made Dean Smith his B*tch!

Huh? Dean was 26-14 head to head against K and Dean didn't have a fake hip injury if something went wrong and Dean didn't have the luxury of the ACC being at it's all time lowest as it was from about '99-'03 when duke dominated.

I hate K but I congratulate him as he is a great coach but he is not Dean Smith. When K gets his 700th at duke then he'll be getting closer but he got alot of wins at Army while Dean did it on the highest level and Dean has the most FFs even though half of his career only 1 team per conference made it to the Tourney.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-16-2004, 10:59 AM
3 national titles to 2 in less years at the helm!

nyjunc
12-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Nat'l Titles are great but it was alot harder to win a Title before they made it so more than 1 team could make the Tourney in the late 70s PLUS anyone who watched the '01 FF knows duke did not win the Nat'l Title that it was given to them.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-16-2004, 01:19 PM
It was given to them? If anything that National Title was earned more then any in history. They had a historic comeback on Maryland that year n the final 4 (the 2nd time it happened, the other was Jay Williams going off for 10 points in less then a minute). I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a lot harder to win a National Title now then it was in the 70's. Back then, there was only a couple of elite teams in the sports and fewer rounds (I believe 2 fewer but I could be wrong). Meanwhile, now their are 50 + teams that have a legitimate shot at the National Title. And lets just say it was harder to win one back in the 70's (and 60's or whatever), Dean Smith obviously couldn't get the job done, so I guess he's not as good of a coach as you think he is. The bottom line is, and i'll end this conversation like this.....

Coach K = 3 National Titles!

Dean Smith = 2!