PDA

View Full Version : This is why most NBA fans have no basketball knowledge...

Fresh
12-16-2004, 11:07 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/allstar_041216.html

Vince Carter is #4 in the NBA in All-Star votes, and #1 in East forwards. VC is averaging 16 points, 3 boards, & 3 assists a night. Grant Hill is putting up 20, 4, & 4. Antwan Jamison is averaging 22-9-3. Vince Carter is one of my favorite players, but he has no business being up there in votes. None. :shakeno:

Also, how can you possibly vote Allen Iverson over Dwyane Wade? And Marbury & Mike Redd have no business being that low. LOL @ any idiot who voted for Reggie Miller over Michael Redd.

The All-Star game is being ruined by the no-knowledge fans, really. It should be an honor to be an NBA All-Star, yet the fans ruin it by voting for "name players". Fans need to watch basketball before voting, because it's getting ridiculous. Look at me, I've hated on the Magic all year and I can't stand the fact that Vince Carter has over 100,000 more votes than Grant Hill.

In the mean time, so far it looks like Shaq & Wade will make it.

PHINATIC13
12-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Your right X, but it's a popularity contest.Most people vote on name reconition and not on stats or ability. Btw My LAKERS got spanked :cry: by Seattle the other night, these guys got good friggin' overnight!18-4 or something damn.
http://www.nba.com/news/allstar_041216.html

Vince Carter is #4 in the NBA in All-Star votes, and #1 in East forwards. VC is averaging 16 points, 3 boards, & 3 assists a night. Grant Hill is putting up 20, 4, & 4. Antwan Jamison is averaging 22-9-3. Vince Carter is one of my favorite players, but he has no business being up there in votes. None. :shakeno:

Also, how can you possibly vote Allen Iverson over Dwyane Wade? And Marbury & Mike Redd have no business being that low. LOL @ any idiot who voted for Reggie Miller over Michael Redd.

The All-Star game is being ruined by the no-knowledge fans, really. It should be an honor to be an NBA All-Star, yet the fans ruin it by voting for "name players". Fans need to watch basketball before voting, because it's getting ridiculous. Look at me, I've hated on the Magic all year and I can't stand the fact that Vince Carter has over 100,000 more votes than Grant Hill.

In the mean time, so far it looks like Shaq & Wade will make it.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-16-2004, 11:50 PM
I agree that the All-Star game should recognize those who deserve to go but with that said, it's the fans game and they pay the tickets prices, so if they want to see Vince Carter, that's their right.

As far as D-Wade and Iverson, their both All-Stars, it's just a matter of who starts!

Fresh
12-17-2004, 12:26 AM
The Vince Carter thing is just disgusting, and I'm a huge fan of Vince. He's one of my favorite players and I don't like this at all.

Watching the All-Star game is going to be boring knowing that Vince, a player who doesn't even deserve to ride the bench may be starting.

Fresh
12-17-2004, 12:26 AM
As far as D-Wade and Iverson, their both All-Stars, it's just a matter of who starts!

Actually, I think Wade & Iverson will both start. One of them will play 2-guard.

Wade, AI, Bron will be very fun to watch.

tehMick
12-17-2004, 12:37 AM
So far, with the exception of AI over Wade, everyone i voted for is going to make it in.
X, its an all star game!
Would you rather see a 15 foot jumper or a 360 windmill dunk?
I thought so.
:cooldude:

Fresh
12-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Dunk? Vince doesn't take it to the lane anymore. ;)

Actually, thats a good way to look at it. It's not really competitive like the NFL. Defenses basically let the players dunk and have fun.

LIQUID24
12-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Only idiots would vote for Vince Carter. :chuckle:

FinsNYanksFan13
12-17-2004, 01:18 AM
Believe it or not but Vince Carter (as far as all-star voting goes) is the most popular player in the NBA. He's led in voting like 2 or 3 times in a row (don't shoot me if I'm wrong)!

tehMick
12-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Its because of all those damn Canadians!
:m83: Canadians
Oh and just for the hell of it...
:m83: Liquid
:chuckle:

Prime Time
12-17-2004, 02:11 AM
It isn't that fans have no knowledge it is just that it is based on name recognition. Players who have the "big names" have more fans who vote for them. It is like this in the NFL too. Carter doesn't deserve to go perhaps but as of now he will go. That is what happens when you let the fans vote. You put it in THEIR hands.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-17-2004, 02:54 AM
The Fans are going to be the one's paying 500 bucks for a seat to the game so might as well let them pick who they want to see throw a couple ball of off the backboard and dunk!

R_t_Kraken
12-17-2004, 05:01 AM
fans vote for their favorite players, not the best players unfortunately.