PDA

View Full Version : Heat/Raps discussing Rose/Marshall to Miami for package

Fresh
12-18-2004, 03:13 PM
LINK (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1103323810388&call_pageid=969907729483&col=970081562040&DPL=IvsNDS/7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes)

According to league sources, the Raptors and Miami Heat remain in discussions on a trade that would involve Toronto's Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall and a package of Miami players including Eddie Jones and Malik Allen.

NOTE: Earlier in the week, Chad Ford on ESPN Insider reported that league sources stated that the Heat and Raptors are discussing a trade that would send Jalen Rose & Donyell Marshall to the Heat for Eddie Jones, Malik Allen, Wesley Person, Wang Zhi-Zhi, and Dorell Wright. He mentions that Toronto loves Wright's potential and is in search of adding a young player with "T-Mac" like ability.

For the Heat:

1-Jones, Dooling
2-Wade, Butler
3-Rose, Anderson
4-Marshall, Haslem, Laettner
5-Shaq, Doleac

Also, to fill the void off the bench shooting-wise, I'm sure we'd sign Eddie House, who Randy Pfund has shown interest in.

Migs182005
12-18-2004, 07:50 PM
I don't like the idea of giving up Wright who could be a superstar for us in a couple of years. The tradeoff for Rose is not enough in my opinion

Muck
12-18-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm not crazy about letting Wright get away either. Rose will be 32 next month. Wright just turned 19.

If this kid has T-Mac ability, it would be insane for us to trade him and others away for a non-elite player who reportedly has attitude problems. In short, I don't want to trade away a potential superstar for a temporary "high". I know Rose could be the final piece to the championship puzzle. But Shaq will be here next year. And this Wright kid could blossom at the same time.

IMO, it's like the Phins giving up those future draft choices.

MikeO
12-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Rose stinks and has a huge contract. Why Miami wants him is beyond me.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-19-2004, 01:33 AM
If I was the Heat I wouldn't do anything. Their playing well right now. If it ain't broken, don't fix it IMO!

Muck
12-19-2004, 10:23 AM
If I was the Heat I wouldn't do anything. Their playing well right now. If it ain't broken, don't fix it IMO!

You got that right. We looked damn good against Denver Friday night.

Shaq sure can pass!!

Fresh
12-19-2004, 05:17 PM
You got that right. We looked damn good against Denver Friday night.

Shaq sure can pass!!

Yeah, I mean...Damon Jones in the starting line-up makes a huge difference. I am fine with waiting to see if Eddie Jones keeps it up, but if we can make a move without giving up Dorell, don't think twice. I love Dorell's potential, but we need to win a championship right now. I'd be pretty upset if we traded Wright, but if it makes us a better team this year...oh well. But jeez, when EJ goes to the basket he is a damn good player. When he doesn't, he's Wesley Person with good defense.

EJ has been shooting 51% (17-32) in the last 3 games and 33% (3-9) on 3pt'ers and averaging 13ppg in the last 3 games, along with playing good defense. This is all we need from Eddie Jones. 13ppg + good defense from EJ is much better than 15 ppg + average at best defense from Jalen Rose. However, EJ has been too inconsistent.

The Miami Herald reported that the deal being discussed is Jalen Rose & Donyell Marshall for Eddie Jones, Malik Allen, and possibly another player. The Herald also mentioned that Michael Doleac is the only other player who could make that deal work cap-wise, but the Heat would only get rid of Doleac if they can sign Karl Malone or a "bought out" Alonzo Mourning. That would be absolutely perfect...

1-Jones, Dooling
2-Wade, Person
3-Rose, Butler, Anderson
4-Marshall, Haslem, Laettner
5-O'Neal, Mourning

IL: Wright, Wang, Beasely

Muck
12-19-2004, 05:55 PM
I liked what I saw out of Doleac the other night. Yeah, it'd be pretty tough to play without a decent big man taking his place.

If it's Zo......:woot:

ohall
12-19-2004, 06:03 PM
I liked what I saw out of Doleac the other night. Yeah, it'd be pretty tough to play without a decent big man taking his place.

If it's Zo......:woot:

Do any of you have a good idea about Zo's health?

Migs182005
12-19-2004, 07:32 PM
This week comming up will let us know what the Heat is made of. Sure they have won 7 games in a row but it hasn't been against tough western conference teams. When we have played them, they have lost.

At this moment, the Heat are not Finals contenders. They need to prove it this week (if you want to base it on this current streak)

As the team is now, without making a move, they can still become the championship team they need to with more time this season, but if after this tough week coming up they can't continue to win, then maybe they should make a move, but I still don't want to give up Wright who could be a superstar in a very short timeframe.

Based on the need to make a move, the Heat must start beating tough teams now in order to prove they don't need to make a move.

Based on the current team and the playoffs, they still have all season to gel together. It's really two different situations.

Ferretsquig
12-19-2004, 10:13 PM
At this moment, the Heat are not Finals contenders. They need to prove it this week (if you want to base it on this current streak)

They may not be championship contenders but they are contenders to reach the finals. Unless Indiana comes together when their big guys come back no team in the east looks good now. If the Heat keep up with the eastern conference dominance they should be able to cruise into the #1 seed.

Fresh
12-19-2004, 10:34 PM
The Heat are the best team in the East right now. And realistically, we can beat anybody in the NBA in the playoffs/championship just because we have #32.

Think about it.

aquaattak
12-20-2004, 08:43 PM
true dat, X

not to mention #3