PDA

View Full Version : Oakland A's

MikeO
12-18-2004, 10:25 PM
What in the hell is this team doing? You have Mulder, Hudson, and Zito. And you trade Hudson...ok not a bad deal. Final year of his contract, don't want to pay him. I understand that one

But now you trade Mulder? A big-time leftie pitcher with a huge future???????

Oakland is claiming they got all of these huge prospects in these two trades, but Mulder was one of the Top pitchers in the AL, why get rid of him? And this wasn't a money move, I don't want to hear that.

The A's just went from a team that could win the AL West to a team that will finish LAST in the AL West.

And they are keeping Zito, who is the worst of the 3 pitchers. :confused:

FinsNYanksFan13
12-19-2004, 01:32 AM
Looks like Beane is more concerned with trying to develop prospects then he is with winning now!

Martel
12-20-2004, 03:01 PM
I think the A's are rebuilding a bit. With the payroll they have, there's just no way they can beat the Sox or Yanks in the playoffs and I think they're coming to terms with that. They're sort of what the Dolphins were a few years ago in way. Good enough to make the playoffs just not good enough to win a title. It's sad cause I'm a long time A fan. I say, bring on the salary cap!!!

MikeO
12-20-2004, 08:35 PM
I think the A's are rebuilding a bit. With the payroll they have, there's just no way they can beat the Sox or Yanks in the playoffs and I think they're coming to terms with that. They're sort of what the Dolphins were a few years ago in way. Good enough to make the playoffs just not good enough to win a title. It's sad cause I'm a long time A fan. I say, bring on the salary cap!!!
Oakland will be playing in Las Vegas in a couple years anyway. I think that is the reason behind these moves the more I think about it.

MLB wants a team in LV. Oakland is a perfect fit. Since they draw flies and the fans don't even care out there they are the logical move.

PHINATIC13
12-20-2004, 08:53 PM
I have to admit I don't get it. Not complaining mine you, I'm an Angels fan. It just doesn't seem to make alot of sense.:eek:
What in the hell is this team doing? You have Mulder, Hudson, and Zito. And you trade Hudson...ok not a bad deal. Final year of his contract, don't want to pay him. I understand that one

But now you trade Mulder? A big-time leftie pitcher with a huge future???????

Oakland is claiming they got all of these huge prospects in these two trades, but Mulder was one of the Top pitchers in the AL, why get rid of him? And this wasn't a money move, I don't want to hear that.

The A's just went from a team that could win the AL West to a team that will finish LAST in the AL West.

And they are keeping Zito, who is the worst of the 3 pitchers. :confused: