PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off to the Orlando Magic

Fresh
12-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Miami won this game by 10, but it was much closer than that. I will admit that I underestimated this Orlando Magic squad and I was very wrong. Although Miami is the better team, Orlando is a pretty good team. Francis had a wonderful first half, but didn't do much in the second half. I believe he scored 8 points in the final 2 minutes when the game was basically over. Keyon Dooling sealed the deal with a triple, and boy is his shot improving. I just wanted to say I was wrong for underrating this Orlando Magic team, and they almost came up here to Miami and stole one today. DD28, you have a pretty nice team and they should be fun to watch in the playoffs and possibly match up against, provided we all stay healthy. And I'll say this again, EDDIE JONES IS A WONDERFUL PLAYER WHEN HE TAKES THE BALL TO THE BASKET!

I think a rivalry has just began in the Southeast division...

Btw- This was a pretty friendly matchup, nothing like the Heat/Knicks of old. I had a few issues with foul calls in this game. That play where Francis tied up with Wade on the fastbreak should've been a flagorant foul on Francis. His left hand swung Wade's head back, and if he didn't let go...Wade could've smashed his head on the floor. Another call was the fastbreak where the white guy(his name escapes me, I think it's Kusun) grabbed and tackled Keyon Dooling on a fastbreak. That was another flagorant that wasn't called. But you can just see the respect that these two teams have for each other. It was a very fun game to watch.

Go Heat, and good luck to Orlando down the stretch.

TerryTate
12-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Im coming to you from my dad's work laptop right outside the American Airlines Arena...

These refs were horrible....

Hats off to Dooling, only gave up six points of Steve Franchise's 31. I didnt realize Damon Jones was that big of a liability on defense. Hats off to Stan Van Gundy. It's a lot different then just a few years ago when the final score would be in the 80s, its hard to believe that i would see a final score like this in person. (last time I was at the AAA the lovely Jill Martin was working for HeaTV, I miss her :(

We ordered tickets and it turned out that we got a seat that didnt exist in the AAA, so we got new better tickets in the 300 level right on the center court line.

Probably the only stiff out there tonight between both teams (and probably every night) was Tony Battie, all the Heat starters were in double figures. Nice to see Christian Laettner being a factor.

One knock on Shaquille O'Neal is that he is such a beast due to his size, and that he shouldnt be considered as the greatest big man to play the game. I originally thought that, HOWEVER in his tenure with the Miami Heat, I see him solidifying his legacy as the best all-around center to ever play the game, because his passes are just amazing. I never seen these passes when he was a magic or laker.

Shaq is the best NFL player in the NBA, hands down! :)

Fresh
12-19-2004, 10:26 PM
TT: Were you the dude who yelled at Stan to pick up the transitional defense in the second half, right after the 2nd quarter ended? :lol2:

He said in his press conference that a fan yelled that at the break, and it never hit him that our transitional defense was awful up to that point, and he actually corrected it BECAUSE of the fan pointing it out, which is a big reason we won.

ohall
12-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Im coming to you from my dad's work laptop right outside the American Airlines Arena...

These refs were horrible....

Hats off to Dooling, only gave up six points of Steve Franchise's 31. I didnt realize Damon Jones was that big of a liability on defense. Hats off to Stan Van Gundy. It's a lot different then just a few years ago when the final score would be in the 80s, its hard to believe that i would see a final score like this in person. (last time I was at the AAA the lovely Jill Martin was working for HeaTV, I miss her :(

We ordered tickets and it turned out that we got a seat that didnt exist in the AAA, so we got new better tickets in the 300 level right on the center court line.

Probably the only stiff out there tonight between both teams (and probably every night) was Tony Battie, all the Heat starters were in double figures. Nice to see Christian Laettner being a factor.

One knock on Shaquille O'Neal is that he is such a beast due to his size, and that he shouldnt be considered as the greatest big man to play the game. I originally thought that, HOWEVER in his tenure with the Miami Heat, I see him solidifying his legacy as the best all-around center to ever play the game, because his passes are just amazing. I never seen these passes when he was a magic or laker.

I have to agree, the REF's in this game were awful. They missed an awful lot of things the Magic were doing. I guess they wanted to keep it a close game.

Fresh
12-19-2004, 10:30 PM

Shaq's the best QB in the NBA and Wade's the best WR. :yes:

TerryTate
12-19-2004, 10:33 PM
No that wasnt me, but I heard that on the radio, that was hilarious!

Ron Jeremy Van Gundy always gives a great post-game interview.

Fresh
12-19-2004, 10:42 PM
But seriously, I am so pissed off at Eddie Jones. Why the hell does he have those long stretches of games(sometimes it can be 7-10 games) where he just sits back and jacks up jumpers? My god, this man is a completely different player when he takes the ball to the basket! He has done that in the last 5 games, and has averaged over 14ppg in those games. Before this strand, he was averaging about 10.

I said it before the season and I'll say it again...if DJ or Haslem plays good this year and we get 13-15 PPG from EJ, we will be a force. So far, DJ and Haslem are playing good and Eddie Jones is starting to get it on.

Somebody tell me...how the hell do we beat a GOOD TEAM when Dwyane Wade has an off night?

kud
12-20-2004, 02:39 AM
Congratulations Magic, you are now the second best team in Florida. :roflmao:

No but seriously, it was a good game, and they lead much of the way. Unfortunately for them we had to turn the heat up in the 4th quarter as usual. 8 game win streak baby! :cooldude: