View Full Version : Running Backs

08-30-2002, 11:15 PM
I need to choose one running back to eliminate from my ff team and I can't decide who to can. I've got R. Williams as one starter and I need to choose a starter and a backup between Michael Pittman, Travis Henry, and Clinton Portis. I'm fairly certain Portis is going to start in Denver, but I'm not sure who to go with. Any suggestions?

08-30-2002, 11:26 PM
If it's a keeper league, I'd hold on to Portis and drop Henry... even if Portis doesn't win/keep the starter spot this season, he probably will next year... Henry may not get the carries he did last year with Bledsoe at QB....

08-30-2002, 11:55 PM
It is a keeper league but I have a slew of better players than these guys. Warner, keyshawn, Darrel Jackson, Eric Moulds, Ricky, Coles, and a handful of other rookies.

08-30-2002, 11:58 PM
I want to keep Portis. Who should I start? Our bench get's locked 24 hours before the thursday game. I don't know if I should risk starting Portis, and I have to drop someone by wed. night.

stan marino
08-31-2002, 06:29 AM
i would drop pittman becuz he has to share the ball with alstot...just like wheatley and garner did last year...so he wont get the goaline situations(less td's) henry looks to have a little more room to run becuz teams are goin to have to play the pass more, so hes the one id definately keep. Portis fumbled 3 times in their third exhibition game so he might not even start... i would take portis and start henry

08-31-2002, 10:25 PM
Michael Pittman could have a big year. Drop Henry and keep Michael Pittman and Portis. Just my opinion, though.