PDA

View Full Version : Running Backs

poornate
08-30-2002, 11:15 PM
I need to choose one running back to eliminate from my ff team and I can't decide who to can. I've got R. Williams as one starter and I need to choose a starter and a backup between Michael Pittman, Travis Henry, and Clinton Portis. I'm fairly certain Portis is going to start in Denver, but I'm not sure who to go with. Any suggestions?

WharfRat
08-30-2002, 11:26 PM
If it's a keeper league, I'd hold on to Portis and drop Henry... even if Portis doesn't win/keep the starter spot this season, he probably will next year... Henry may not get the carries he did last year with Bledsoe at QB....

poornate
08-30-2002, 11:55 PM
It is a keeper league but I have a slew of better players than these guys. Warner, keyshawn, Darrel Jackson, Eric Moulds, Ricky, Coles, and a handful of other rookies.

poornate
08-30-2002, 11:58 PM
I want to keep Portis. Who should I start? Our bench get's locked 24 hours before the thursday game. I don't know if I should risk starting Portis, and I have to drop someone by wed. night.

stan marino
08-31-2002, 06:29 AM
i would drop pittman becuz he has to share the ball with alstot...just like wheatley and garner did last year...so he wont get the goaline situations(less td's) henry looks to have a little more room to run becuz teams are goin to have to play the pass more, so hes the one id definately keep. Portis fumbled 3 times in their third exhibition game so he might not even start... i would take portis and start henry

baccarat
08-31-2002, 10:25 PM
Michael Pittman could have a big year. Drop Henry and keep Michael Pittman and Portis. Just my opinion, though.