PDA

View Full Version : No Diesel? No Problem

TerryTate
12-21-2004, 11:46 PM
It was the Wade/Haslem Show today against the Boston Celtics.

Wade is a star if you havent figured it out, and for all of those still thinking Carmelo is better, keep on dreaming.

If you looked at the Box score, it looked like the Diesel was playing this game, but he suffered a calf/thigh contusion of some sort...he should be good to go for the X-mas matchup with The Los Angeles Kobes.

Wade County Stat-Line
11/20 FG, 11/13 FTM/A, 33 points, 11 assists, 4 steals

Udonis Haslem
18 points, 17 rebounds

Michael Doleac started in place of O'Neal, Laettner played some quality minutes as well.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Did someone say the Heat.......................3-6 vs. the Western Conference!

TerryTate
12-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Did someone say the Heat.......................3-6 vs. the Western Conference!

Its early...

Tell me Tony, what was the final for the Mavs-Knicks game tonight :roflmao:

I'm sure the visitor's side of the scoreboard couldnt get to a number that hight :lol:

FinsNYanksFan13
12-21-2004, 11:54 PM
I'm a semi Knicks fan. I was a Bulls fan ti'll Jordan retired so I adopted them as my team. I cheer for the Kings and Knicks!

FinsNYanksFan13
12-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Kings are going to stomp the Heat Thursday!

TerryTate
12-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Without Shaq? Probably...

With Shaq...should be fun :D

TerryTate
12-22-2004, 01:22 AM
"I came in this morning, found out he wasn't playing and he said 'flash, I need you.' And I said, 'All right," said Wade, who shot 11-of-20 from the field. "That's the kind of relationship we've got. That's the kind of team we have."

Interesting quote by Van Gundy here:

At one point in the fourth quarter, Heat assistant Ron Rothstein implored head coach Stan Van Gundy to take Haslem out for a rest. Van Gundy responded with an expletive.

"He's young. He'll play the whole game," Van Gundy said. "And that's what he did."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=241221014

Fresh
12-22-2004, 02:02 AM
I'm a semi Knicks fan. I was a Bulls fan ti'll Jordan retired so I adopted them as my team. I cheer for the Kings and Knicks!

The Knicks suck - period, point, blank. They're also in the worst division in basketball. Nobody in that division deserves to be ahead of Miami, Cleveland, Washington, Detroit, Indiana, and Orlando in the playoff seeding.

The Atlantic division(where the Knicks are 13-12 at #1, Boston 11-13 at #2) is the twin of the NFL's NFC West(where Seattle is #1 at 7-7, STL #2 at 6-8). Just pathetic.

Also, I too find it hilarious that there is actually still a "Bron vs. Melo" rivalry, as if Melo is anywhere close to Wade's level. It should be Bron vs. Wade, Melo vs. Bosh.

TerryTate
12-22-2004, 02:08 AM
At the rate of Carmelo is heading (sophomore slump) we may have a 'Melo vs. Darko rivalry :lol:

Fresh
12-22-2004, 02:13 AM
At the rate of Carmelo is heading (sophomore slump) we may have a 'Melo vs. Darko rivalry :lol:

:roflmao:

That would be funny, oh well: Bron vs. Wade, Bosh vs. Hinrich, Melo vs. Darko or even Chris Kaman. ;)

FinsNYanksFan13
12-22-2004, 02:38 AM
Melo's stats are basically the same as last season

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/players/3706/

MikeO
12-22-2004, 11:12 AM
These NBA games are meaningless until March/April.

Whoever is playing well then is all that matters. Now, its just like training camp.

Fresh
12-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Melo's stats are basically the same as last season

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/players/3706/

In another thread, you said that stats don't make the player.

But if you watch Melo, you'll see that he hasn't improved his game much at all.