PDA

View Full Version : Penn State.....

Philter25
12-22-2004, 05:03 PM
..... will make a COMPLETE turnaround and win the Big10 next year.

You heard it here first ladies.

Book it.

Brad528
12-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Yeah right. They will suck for many years to come. ANd you heard it here first Michigan will win its third Big TEN title in a row. Hart and Henne are gonna run **** untill they leave

FinsNYanksFan13
12-23-2004, 02:06 AM
Penn St. is one of the team I cheer for in college football so I hope Paterno goes out on a high note (unlikely though)!

SMadison29
12-27-2004, 01:45 AM
Well Penn State's skill positioned players are looking pretty good but they're all young. Morelli or Robinson at QB is a ?. Robinson should play WR with the #1 HS WR recruit Derrick Williams. Austin Scott & Tony Hunt at RB is a decent combo but it is highly doubtful that they'll win the Big 10.

Michigan is returning many of it's star players & they'll win the Big 10 again.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-27-2004, 04:11 AM
Michigan's always good to win the Big 10 but they never live up to the National Championship hype they have every year!

Philter25
12-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Well Penn State's skill positioned players are looking pretty good but they're all young. Morelli or Robinson at QB is a ?. Robinson should play WR with the #1 HS WR recruit Derrick Williams. Austin Scott & Tony Hunt at RB is a decent combo but it is highly doubtful that they'll win the Big 10.

Michigan is returning many of it's star players & they'll win the Big 10 again.PSU is losing 2 defensive starters, they have all their defensive playmakers. #1 CB and #9 CB recruit in the nation under their belt.

Biggest problem with PSU last year was the QB and WR positions. They committed soooo many turnovers. Morelli was one of the top QB recruits last year and a lot of us alum were hoping he would get more time this year. Robinson and Williams will play WR along with 2 VERY good RBs in Scott and Hunt.

They will win the big 10 based on their defense. PSU did NOT allow more than 21 points against them in any of their games this year. The defense in incredible allowing 15.3 points against last year. That entire defensive core is the same you will see next year with a year playing together under their belt with a much better offense....

Im makin the bold prediction, next year they will be on top of the big ten regardless of Wisconsin or Michigan......

SMadison29
12-27-2004, 06:53 PM
#1 CB and #9 CB recruit in the nation under their belt.

What rankings are you going by? The only two that really matter are Rivals.com & Tom Lemming. Who's the #9 CB?

Michigan is loaded next year. The only players of significance they lose are Braylon Edwards, Marlin Jackson, & David Bass. They *should* push for a NC.

Philter25
12-27-2004, 08:12 PM
What rankings are you going by? The only two that really matter are Rivals.com & Tom Lemming. Who's the #9 CB?

Michigan is loaded next year. The only players of significance they lose are Braylon Edwards, Marlin Jackson, & David Bass. They *should* push for a NC.Typo... I forgot the 3... we have the top and 39th CB in the country. Willie Harriott is an excellent CB although not ranked as high so I was very happy to see him and King give commitments to Penn State. King also has a lot of "friends" there were a handful of players waiting to see where he was going to commit to before they made their decision. We have Phillips and Zemaitis coming back and have 2 very good CBs waiting in the wings for when they graduate.

I agree, Michigan is loaded and they have a very good defense. But Penn State played the same teams Michigan did practically and defensively did a lot better than michigan did. I think we were giving up 7 points less than they were and most of our offensive problems graduated and our biggest weakness was addressed with the #1 recruit in the nation.

I thought Michigan SHOULD push for a NC also this year but they lost early in the year then I dont know how the heck they blew their chance the last game of the year to Ohio State... who is horrible this year.

We will see how it plays out next year...... Im saving this thread because I have a good feeling about Penn States recruits this year.

DonShula84
12-27-2004, 09:30 PM
I hope you are right, Id love to see Joe P go out on a high note. And anything that hurts Michigan makes me happy.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-29-2004, 01:18 AM
I agree, I hope Joe Pa goes out on a high note, especially with all the B.S. the media has put him throught he last couple of years!

Philter25
10-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah right. They will suck for many years to come. ANd you heard it here first Michigan will win its third Big TEN title in a row. Hart and Henne are gonna run **** untill they leave

Bump

5-0 headed into OSU. A lights out complete domination performance against Minnesota.

Dudeman
10-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Bump

5-0 headed into OSU. A lights out complete domination performance against Minnesota.

how did they manage 7 home games and only 4 away? Not to mention 3 home games (gimmees) to start the season. Seems like the Big 10 scheduling Gods were trying to get them an easy ride after sucking for so long....

kastofsna120
10-01-2005, 07:50 PM
how did they manage 7 home games and only 4 away? Not to mention 3 home games (gimmees) to start the season. Seems like the Big 10 scheduling Gods were trying to get them an easy ride after sucking for so long....
most big teams have pathetic schedules like that. i remember when nebraska had the same ratio of home to away games a few years ago

MoFinz
10-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Pretty good idea letting Robinson settle in at QB. Who knows where they would be if he didnt touch the ball so much.

Roman529
10-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Where are all the Joe Pa haters now???

Nublar7
10-02-2005, 11:33 PM
WE ARE..........................PENN STATE!

Anyone else going to the Ohio State game?

kastofsna120
10-02-2005, 11:48 PM
WE ARE..........................PENN STATE!

Anyone else going to the Ohio State game?
nah you'll be all alone

Nublar7
10-02-2005, 11:52 PM
nah you'll be all alone
:lol:

Ok, let me rephrase that. Anyone from FinHeaven going to the Ohio State game this upcoming weekend?

PSUFinFan
10-03-2005, 03:46 AM

Ok, let me rephrase that. Anyone from FinHeaven going to the Ohio State game this upcoming weekend?

I'll be there... and I will be sure to bring 110,000 of my closest friends.

Philter25
10-03-2005, 02:56 PM

Ummm most schedules are like that in the Big10. We get all of our out of conference games during the first 3 weeks. It just so happens we had crap to play this year which were good warm up games. It isnt always like that.

We still need to travel to Michigan and Michigan State which are 2 very hard places to play. We dont play Iowa and Indiana this year, which are 2 wins so its not like the schedule was a gimme.

Purdue on the other hand, doesnt play Michigan or Ohio State and has the easiest in-conference schedule. Too bad they lost to Minnesota then got raped by ND this weekend. :lol:

The problem with 11 teams in the big 10 and no conference championship game is that each team doesnt play each other and you can have co-conference champions. The big 10 really needs to add another team or kick a team out and have a big10 East and West and have a conference championship game at the end of the season.

Either that or Penn State needs to join the Big East.

Philter25
10-03-2005, 02:58 PM

Unfortunately I lost the draw on this one. I share 4 tickets with my 8 old roomates. This way, there is never a free ticket if someone cant make a game because of work. We all wanted OSU so we drew out of a hat and I didnt get a ticket. :( We then all pay for the games we attend. I can only make the drive for 2-3 games a year so its silly for me to have season tickets.

This is going to be a very good game. A lot of people still have PSU underrated and as long as Robinson doesnt turn the ball over, we have a good shot at the upset. I wouldnt be suprised if all the ESPN dippies who tore into PSU earlier in the year jumped on the bandwagon for an upset Sat night.

NJFINSFAN1
10-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Penn St will start to slide now, they will lose 4 maybe 5 games coming up.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-04-2005, 08:04 PM
I have the same feeling NJ but I am hoping your wrong!

Nublar7
10-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Awesome! Just found out that Cold Pizza will be at the stadium on Friday morning, and Gameday will be there on Saturday. :banana: :mdfin:

NJFINSFAN1
10-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Awesome! Just found out that Cold Pizza will be at the stadium on Friday morning, and Gameday will be there on Saturday. :banana: :mdfin:

Say hello to Crawford (Cold Pizza), he is from my town, good guy!

PSUFinFan
10-07-2005, 03:09 AM
T- 40 hours until kickoff.

GWfinfan13
10-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Man I am getting so psyched! Anyone in DC going to a bar to watch the game???? We're going to Rhino bar, which we thought was just a Penn State bar, but turns out to be an Ohio State bar too. There are going to be some fights!!!

Philter25
10-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Man I am getting so psyched! Anyone in DC going to a bar to watch the game???? We're going to Rhino bar, which we thought was just a Penn State bar, but turns out to be an Ohio State bar too. There are going to be some fights!!!

Rhino bar and Carpool are the places to watch the games here. Im at Carpool every weekend for early games that arent nationally televised.

Philter25
10-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Penn St will start to slide now, they will lose 4 maybe 5 games coming up.

We shall see. The way they played lights out against Minnesota was a good indication they can beat Purdue, Illinios, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Michigan State.

They cant run the QB draws they did against Minnesota against Ohio State LB corps. The key to this game will be turnovers and the play of Robinson.

SuavePhin
10-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Holy crap.........Penn punched Ohio in the mouth, is Penn this good??

kastofsna120
10-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Holy crap.........Penn punched Ohio in the mouth, is Penn this good??
penn isn't good, but penn state is pretty damn nice :D

SuavePhin
10-08-2005, 11:00 PM
penn isn't good, but penn state is pretty damn nice :D

Smartass :lol:

Philter25
10-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Now serving order #1710.

One large plate of crow, cooked well done. :rofl3:

penn isn't good, but penn state is pretty damn nice

Not good? They have a top 5 defense in the NCAA, completely SHUT DOWN ohio state, and STILL getting no respect? :lol: Give me a fawkin break.

ChambersWI
10-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Before the season, my friends laughed when I said Paul Pozlusny was an All-American canidate. Well, he had more tackles tonight than Hawk/Carpenter/Schegal combined, and added a sack.

Tamba Hali is a beast too.

kastofsna120
10-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Now serving order #1710.

Not good? They have a top 5 defense in the NCAA, completely SHUT DOWN ohio state, and STILL getting no respect? :lol: Give me a fawkin break.
*ahem* i was making fun of the fact that the guy with the cat in his sig said PENN not PENN STATE. there's a difference

Motion
10-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Impressive

SMadison29
10-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Not good? They have a top 5 defense in the NCAA, completely SHUT DOWN ohio state, and STILL getting no respect? Give me a fawkin break.

Ohio State doesn't exactly have USC's offensive fire power. I don't mind Penn State but with their remaining schedule of Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, & Michigan State they're gonna lose 2 of em.

Philter25
10-09-2005, 12:52 AM
*ahem* i was making fun of the fact that the guy with the cat in his sig said PENN not PENN STATE. there's a difference phew thank god. I didnt read what he typed. :lol:

kastofsna120
10-09-2005, 12:54 AM
phew thank god. I didnt read what he typed. :lol:
ah it's okay :D

Philter25
10-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Ohio State doesn't exactly have USC's offensive fire power. I don't mind Penn State but with their remaining schedule of Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, & Michigan State they're gonna lose 2 of em.

And USC doesnt have 1/4 of the defense OSU does. I cant wait for USC to play a team with a half decent defense. They play in the weakest division and have played some pretty close games this year that shouldnt have been close. USC is definately beatable this year, Im hoping Notre Dame exposes them.

We shall see. Minnesota has one of the better rushing offenses in the nation, first IF I recall heading into Penn State. What happened?

Defense wins football games in the big 10 and PSU has one of the best defenses in the NCAA this year. If they play like they did against OSU the rest of the year, they will win out. Perfect game tonight, no turnovers and lights out defense and they made OSU pay on their ONLY turnover. I cant ask for much more.

Im sticking with my prediction on PSU I made last year. Haters can hate but so far they have already surpassed all the "analysts" expectations this year and are making experts like Corso and Herbstreit look like morons. :D

kastofsna120
10-09-2005, 12:59 AM
i can't call the pac-10 weak. USC, UCLA, cal, arizona state, oregon....

Philter25
10-09-2005, 12:59 AM
:monkeyr:

Still waiting for this guys return. I have some urinating to do on Brad. Michigan needs a MIRACLE to win the Big10. :lol:

Philter25
10-09-2005, 01:00 AM
i can't call the pac-10 weak. USC, UCLA, cal, arizona state, oregon....

I was referring to the pac10 weak defensewise. Read the previous 2 sentences. They are no wear near the caliber of the Big10 or ACC...... maybe even the Big12.

kastofsna120
10-09-2005, 01:07 AM
I was referring to the pac10 weak defensewise. Read the previous 2 sentences. They are no wear near the caliber of the Big10 or ACC...... maybe even the Big12.
ah i see. no doubt. i don't really think notre dame can do much on defense too stop USC. the only times the trojans have been stopped this year was due to their own mistakes. i know they haven't played great defenses, but they haven't proven to be stoppable, so i doubt notre dame will stop them. now can notre dame outscore them? yeah i think so...

DonShula84
10-09-2005, 03:53 AM
Now serving order #1710.

lol, glad I wasnt one of the people who bashed you for this prediction. Im impressed w/ Penn St, definitely one of the good stories in college football this year.

NorthFloridaFin
10-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Penn State is the feel good story of college football right now, BUT, it doesn't hurt to have the weakest Big-10 I've seen in a while for them to play against.

finjim
10-09-2005, 12:07 PM
F*** Penn State!!!!

:fire:

oh, and good game, punk.

Dolphin1184
10-09-2005, 12:13 PM

Yummy....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Bon Appetite!

DonShula84
10-09-2005, 02:42 PM
ah i see. no doubt. i don't really think notre dame can do much on defense too stop USC. the only times the trojans have been stopped this year was due to their own mistakes. i know they haven't played great defenses, but they haven't proven to be stoppable, so i doubt notre dame will stop them. now can notre dame outscore them? yeah i think so...

For ND to have a chance I think we need USC to lay an egg in the first half to give ND a lead. Then just turn it into a shoot out. Our defense cant stop them, the offense needs to get the lead and just keep scoring. Hopefully the D can force Leinart into a mistake or two and it'll be enough.

Jaydog57
10-14-2005, 12:00 AM
When Penn State has to come down and play 'The U' in Miami, then I'll call it a comeback story. Even though we gave them their worst home loss ever in '01, I'll still be 'Screaming for Vengeance' (name that band) for '86. :evil:

Nublar7
10-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Michigan is going DOWN!

GO PSU! :D

Jaydog57
10-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Michigan is going DOWN!

GO PSU! :DLol, yeah I hate the Wolverines, I hope Jo Pa get's another win against them. :cool:

Philter25
10-14-2005, 08:47 AM
Im worried about this game Nub. I dont think we are that solid where we can play the same at home and on the road. We played like crap on the road at Northwestern so this game is still a test for us. I think this might be a blemish on the record because its AT Michigan. I hope im wrong.

Philter25
11-05-2005, 09:31 PM
One more week ladies.... then I might need to nominate myself for "prediction of the year" Anyone could predict USC goes undefeated, but Im sure I could have had everyone on this board bet me that PSU wouldnt win the Big10.

Just so I know next week, I plan on serving crow 3 different ways.

Crow-B-Q sandwich

Shish-ka-crow-bobs

And for your vegetarians, crow-fu.

Place your order ladies so I can have it served up in 2 weeks.

ether79
11-06-2005, 01:14 AM
One more week ladies.... then I might need to nominate myself for "prediction of the year" Anyone could predict USC goes undefeated, but Im sure I could have had everyone on this board bet me that PSU wouldnt win the Big10.

Crow-B-Q sandwich

Shish-ka-crow-bobs

Nice stuff Philter. Call of the year in college. How about Kirk Herbstreit calling the Ariz vs UCLA upset, pretty good too.

GWfinfan13
11-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Wooooooooo!!!!!!!

I was at the Wisconsin game and it was nuts. The crowd was awesome. We have a bye week next week, then a tough game against MSU. I'll tell you what, our defense is NASTY and our offense does what it needs to do. That is, not turn the ball over, run the ball well, and throw the deep ball when needed.

kastofsna120
11-06-2005, 06:41 PM

Crow-B-Q sandwich

Shish-ka-crow-bobs

aren't you a penn state fan? meh, when it's a homer pick i don't really think crow should be served. maybe an appetizer, but not a full entree

besides, i think most people figured penn state would be good this year

Philter25
11-06-2005, 07:11 PM
aren't you a penn state fan? meh, when it's a homer pick i don't really think crow should be served. maybe an appetizer, but not a full entree

besides, i think most people figured penn state would be good this year

Im a fan of numerous teams. Once you get acquainted with a few more of my posts, you will realize that I am far away from being a homer.

And FYI most experts predicted OSU and Michigan to run away with the Big10 this year with Purdue being the Big10 sleeper and were pegging PSU for a 5 win season. Based on their schedule, the only easy wins at the beginning of the season were the 3 non-conference games and then Illinois. Check out their schedule, for a team that was horrible the year before, that schedule looks brutal. With a QB starting his FIRST full year at QB and an almost all freshman WR corps, no expert thought their offense would be good this year. No one.

kastofsna120
11-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Im a fan of numerous teams. Once you get acquainted with a few more of my posts, you will realize that I am far away from being a homer.

And FYI most experts predicted OSU and Michigan to run away with the Big10 this year with Purdue being the Big10 sleeper and were pegging PSU for a 5 win season. Based on their schedule, the only easy wins at the beginning of the season were the 3 non-conference games and then Illinois. Check out their schedule, for a team that was horrible the year before, that schedule looks brutal. With a QB starting his FIRST full year at QB and an almost all freshman WR corps, no expert thought their offense would be good this year. No one.
guess you and i were the only ones (i didn't pick them to win the big 10, but i KNEW joepa would be back this year with a dangerous team)

Philter25
11-19-2005, 11:20 PM
*cough*

Prediction of the year

Thank you. crow is served. :D

Nublar7
11-20-2005, 01:30 AM
*cough*

Prediction of the year

Thank you. crow is served. :D
Great job Philter25! :banana: :mdfin:

BigScuingili
11-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Damn did he make a great assumption and it turned to gold.

Philter25
11-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Just to rub it in to all you other Big10 guys out there:

Penn State set a Big Ten record this fall, as five teams won conference championships.
Men's and women's soccer, field hockey, women's volleyball and football captured titles with a combined 46-1 record in conference contests.

The undefeated women's soccer team won its eighth straight Big Ten title with a 9-0 slate (22-0-1 overall), while the women's volleyball squad captured its third straight conference crown with an 18-0 record (27-2 overall). The field hockey and men's soccer teams had perfect 6-0 records, and the booters also won their third Big Ten Tournament title by beating two-time defending national champion Indiana for the second time this fall.

The football team climaxed the unprecedented fall performance by capturing its second Big Ten title with a 7-1 (10-1 overall) season. No other school has ever won more than three Big Ten championships in the fall season.

Complete and utter athletic domination.

ether79
11-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Just to rub it in to all you other Big10 guys out there:

Complete and utter athletic domination.

:cry: Purdue sucks...friggin switching a from a good scheme to that spread potion crap was horrible.

Philter25
12-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Wheres Brad? :D

Dolphin1184
01-04-2006, 02:05 AM
Congrats to Penn State! Wheres Brad now ;)

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 02:07 AM
looks like i was right

Philter25
01-04-2006, 02:31 AM
looks like I was right. :lol:

Dolphin1184
01-04-2006, 02:32 AM
looks like I was right. :lol:

:D I like Penn state and I am glad Jo-Pa got to win another. The question is where is Michigan now? ;)