PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets fire coach

TerryTate
12-28-2004, 06:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1954408

Andre Miller + K-Mart + 'Melo (overrated) shouldve produced better results than what they have right now (Melo is hurt though)

Prime Time
12-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Melo is having a bad season. Sophmore slump. But IMO, he is not overrated.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Not a shock here, it's been known that Kiki Vandeweghe has wanted to make this move for a while, he just couldn't because of how much the Nuggets improved last season. Their record should be much better this year, especially with the addition of Martin but the team just hasn't seemed to get consistant. Vandewege was looking for his first chance to fire Bzdelik and their recent 6 game losing streak gave him that chance. I'm curious to see Michael Cooper coach though, he's highly touted and many people thought he would get the job if Bzdelik was fired. We'll have to see how he performs because the NBA is far from the WNBA!

Fresh
12-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Melo is having a bad season. Sophmore slump. But IMO, he is not overrated.

Of course Melo's overrated. When 75% of the NBA fan base says a player is an All-Star without question and he doesn't play near that caliber on the court...he's overrated. Carmelo Anthony is the most overhyped, overrated player I've seen in a long, long time. I mean, people say he's better than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. That's just disgusting, especially the LeBron part.

Personally, 2-3 years from now...IMO, the top 3 players from that draft class will be(in order) LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

Melo is a good player, and a damn good player for a 2nd year player. However, he's nothing compared to what most people make him to be, thus making him overrated.

MikeO
12-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Of course Melo's overrated. When 75% of the NBA fan base says a player is an All-Star without question and he doesn't play near that caliber on the court...he's overrated. Carmelo Anthony is the most overhyped, overrated player I've seen in a long, long time. I mean, people say he's better than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. That's just disgusting, especially the LeBron part.

Personally, 2-3 years from now...IMO, the top 3 players from that draft class will be(in order) LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

Melo is a good player, and a damn good player for a 2nd year player. However, he's nothing compared to what most people make him to be, thus making him overrated.
He isn't overrated because the guy wins. Won in HS. Won in college. And his first year in the NBA he took a dead franchise and made them competitive.

Is he better than Lebron or Wade??? Probably not....but if my life depends on winning 1 game....I want MELO on my team.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-28-2004, 11:35 PM
I agree, Melo seems to win wherever he goes and I think he will be fine in the long run. With that said though his attitude is his major problem right now, not his game. Melo puts it in the hoop but right now he is acting to hood for his own good. He's injured right now and frustrated and it is effecting him big time. I think aside from Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Melo will all be on the same level when it comes down to it (all can be superstars) but as of right now, as far as attitudes go, Wade and Bosh are years ahead of Melo. Until Melo matures he can expect to be sh*tted on by the media. Melo needs to take his game to the next level and he needs to stop being so sensative to what people say about him. His numbers are just about the same as last year which could be a sign that he's lazy and didn't work hard enough to improve. While guys like Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are all putting up better numbers then last year, Melo is injured, putting up the same numbers, and his team isn't playing well, thats why he's under the scrutiny he is!

SMadison29
12-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Melo is in the infamous Sophomore slump. His play this year has been very disappointing but he is still damn good. James & Wade have played much better this year. The coach deserved to be fired & Kenyon Martin should too, if they could.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-29-2004, 01:12 AM
I think Melo will settle into his game when he returns healthy. I'm not sure how long he's out, hopefully someone can help me with that. As far as Lebron goes, he's one of a kind, there is no one else his age like him. He's the next Michael Jordan in my opinion and I think he's one of the few guard type players out there that can lead a team to a championship (since MJ left the big guys have dominated, Duncan, Shaq, the Wallace brother last year). As far as Wade goes, he showed last year he's going to be brilliant, so I expected nothing less from him now that Shaq is his teammate. Shaq takes a lot of pressure off him and that is just plain trouble for any opponent facing the Heat. Right now, Wade is the 2nd best from the 2003 draft class but I don't think we should bury Carmello just yet. I think when it's said and done, Melo and Wade will both be very successful!

Melo has had a tough year. From the Olympics incident with Larry Brown to the weed charge, to this recent injury he's having a tough year. He obviously is having trouble handling all of these things but I think he will bounce back and will be a good player in this league for years to come!

MikeO
12-29-2004, 02:25 AM
Melo is also bangin that hot MTV VJ.........Im sure he will take that kind of overrated anytime!

FinsNYanksFan13
12-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Me too Mike O LOL!

Prime Time
12-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Melo is having a bad season and people say he is overrated?! Last year he was playing at a very good level and people debated whether him or LeBron should have been ROY. There is no way Melo is overrated. No Way.

TerryTate
12-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Hes overrated because the 4th rookie in the draft has clearly outplayed him and meant more to his team than any other rookie last year. This year Dwyane Wade has outplayed 'Melo AGAIN. Even when Shaq is not out on the floor Wade continues to make plays.

He is overrated because I've seen plenty of 'Melo endorsements. Where's Wade's? The only endorsement of his that I have seen (and this doesnt really count) is him with Brad Miller and Tayshaun Prince advertising for NBA TV package.

He's MAJORLY overhyped.

MikeO
12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Hes overrated because the 4th rookie in the draft has clearly outplayed him and meant more to his team than any other rookie last year. This year Dwyane Wade has outplayed 'Melo AGAIN. Even when Shaq is not out on the floor Wade continues to make plays.

He is overrated because I've seen plenty of 'Melo endorsements. Where's Wade's? The only endorsement of his that I have seen (and this doesnt really count) is him with Brad Miller and Tayshaun Prince advertising for NBA TV package.

He's MAJORLY overhyped.He's not overhyped. Because both Wade and Melo were in the Final Four in 2003. Melo's team won it all. Wade's team got blown out by Kansas in the worst Final Four loss in the history of the Final Four! Granted college, but if Wade is so great he wouldn't have had his team lose and look like laughingstocks.

It's also not overrated because Wade is playing better than him now. It just means Wade might be better. That doesn't mean Melo sucks or isn't good or is overrated. Just that Wade might be better. Wouldn't be the FIRST time in the history of any sport someone drafted lower than another player turns out to be better. :shakeno:

And because Wade has a shhittty agent who can't get him endorsements its Melo's fault?????????

FinsNYanksFan13
12-30-2004, 05:21 PM
yeah I gotta say, Melo is not overrated. Granted right now, Wade is defintely playing better then Melo but also take into account Melo isn't playing, he's hurt. Wade was more clutch then Melo last year, I'll give u that but overrall Anthony had a better rookie campaign then Wade (that's not saying Wade wasn't impressive). This year Wade is playing out of his mind but no one can dispute the fact that Wade now has Shaq. There is only one Shaq in the NBA and any guard with talent will look good with Shaq (Penny Hardaway ring a bell). Shaq makes players better (guards in particular) and if any player is willing to learn from Shaq (which we all know Wade is because all the guys does is want to get better) they'll take their game up a notch (or two). I think Anthony is getting a bum rap on his game because his he's hurt and has a sh*tty attitude. The guy wins, puts up numbers, and as one of the youngest kids in last years draft he proved he could hang with the big boys right away, something not many 19 years old kids have done their first year in the league. Most of the teens that came into the league, including Kobe, T-Mac, K.G., Jermaine O'neil ect. never sniffed averaging 20 points a game their first year, that's why Lebron and Melo were so special and got so many endorsements. Melo's #'s are favorable to last years which isn't good enough when u see guys like Lebron and Wade improving there's but I really just think that the reason Melo is getting a bum rap and people are calling him overrated is because he's hurt, his teams is struggling, and Wade and Lebron having big impacts on there teams (which are leading to wins). I think Melo needs to get back at 100 percent and then we will see if he's overrated or not!