PDA

View Full Version : Enforcement - Please Read

Muck
12-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Short and sweet:

Whether you mean it in jest or not, there will be no more slurs in regards to sexual orientation. We're tired of it. If we see it or any variant of it, you'll be banned on the spot. No questions asked.

If you see it, report the post to us and action will be taken.

Your cooperation is appreciated and expected.

FanMarino
12-28-2004, 11:16 PM
ive no problem with that. bout time we all lived in 21st century.

BSQX4
12-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Excellent call, Muck

Trackstar
12-29-2004, 12:16 AM
I Think I know what thread set this one off. It did get taken too far. Well taken care of :up:

inFINSible
12-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Does that include avatars and sigs, Uncle Muck?

Muck
12-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Absolutely.

ErroneousFlint
12-29-2004, 12:35 AM
I Think I know what thread set this one off. It did get taken too far. Well taken care of :up:
i think in all fairness, muck, you should be more specific. you leave a very grey area open for mistake. and regarding the above quote, can you allude to which post this may have been associated with so i can educate myself on what may or may not get me in trouble? please 0 :)

just some specifications, captain steubie.

Scrap
12-29-2004, 12:44 AM
i think in all fairness, muck, you should be more specific. you leave a very grey area open for mistake. and regarding the above quote, can you allude to which post this may have been associated with so i can educate myself on what may or may not get me in trouble? please 0 :)

just some specifications, captain steubie.I didn't see the thread, but I'd imagine it has been deleted by now.

phinfan77
12-29-2004, 12:45 AM
it's a shame that we need to have a reminder about this.

TerryTate
12-29-2004, 12:45 AM

If you think its in that gray area, you are best advised to not say what you are gonna say.

TerryTate
12-29-2004, 12:46 AM
it's a shame that we need to have a reminder about this.

isn't it? :shakeno:

ErroneousFlint
12-29-2004, 01:01 AM
If you think its in that gray area, you are best advised to not say what you are gonna say.
ok. i'm serious about this. sexual orientation meaning slagging someone with a three letter word that starts with f and ends with g?
cuz i just got a PM referring to a certain thread a little time back, haha, anyway...... but it had more to do with sexual content and not sexual orientation.

set me straight here. no pun intended.

NaboCane
12-29-2004, 01:07 AM
ok. i'm serious about this. sexual orientation meaning slagging someone with a three letter word that starts with f and ends with g?
cuz i just got a PM referring to a certain thread a little time back, haha, anyway...... but it had more to do with sexual content and not sexual orientation.

You're being obtuse, and with your obvious intelligence, it's plain that you're doing it on purpose.

If it's a slur, it's a slur. That's it.

TerryTate
12-29-2004, 01:07 AM

We are referring to slurs....

Indecency AND obscenity (yes, the three letter f-word is covered under obscenity) are also covered.

Just post stuff relevant to the conversation, if its overtly sexual (regardless of whether its heterosexual or homosexual) its going to get deleted and the perpetrator will get terminated (from the forum for a certain time) as well. The ONLY exception is in the Ladies Lounge, and there is another guideline for that located in there.

Like I said before, if you think it's ban-worthy, than dont bother.

Dphins4me
12-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Short and sweet:

Whether you mean it in jest or not, there will be no more slurs in regards to sexual orientation. We're tired of it. If we see it or any variant of it, you'll be banned on the spot. No questions asked.

If you see it, report the post to us and action will be taken.

Your cooperation is appreciated and expected.
What about when you get called an "Idiot" and then the Mod warns you for it? Do you get banned for that?

I really want to know this one, because I'm still befuddled as to why I got a warning for being called an "Idiot"

TerryTate
12-29-2004, 01:12 AM
What about when you get called an "Idiot" and then the Mod warns you for it? Do you get banned for that?

I really want to know this one, because I'm still befuddled as to why I got a warning for being called an "Idiot"

Point out the thread to me via PM and we'll handle that problem. Either myself or someone else may of reprimanded you by mistake. We do this as volunteer work, not to mention nobody's perfect.

And personal attacks are not allowed, you may criticize the post, but not the poster.

Coral Reefer
12-29-2004, 01:14 AM
:cry:

:cry:

Muck
12-29-2004, 01:15 AM

There is no grey area. And there's really no need for clarification because everyone is well aware of what I'm talking about. Basically, if you think it may get you banned, you're better off not posting it.

Finally, no one specific incident that set this off. Rather, it's an ongoing thing that really has/had no business on our site.

Muck
12-29-2004, 01:17 AM

Because we're all about being unfair and unjust.

Seriously, I'm sure there was more to it than that. I'm sure we hashed and rehashed it. And I'm not interested in revisiting it.

Dphins4me
12-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Point out the thread to me via PM and we'll handle that problem. Either myself or someone else may of reprimanded you by mistake. We do this as volunteer work, not to mention nobody's perfect.

And personal attacks are not allowed, you may criticize the post, but not the poster.
You are the one that did it. :D

Its also been to long ago to find the post. I was just wanted to gig you guys for it.

TerryTate
12-29-2004, 01:28 AM
You are the one that did it. :D

Its also been to long ago to find the post. I was just wanted to gig you guys for it.

If I was the one that did it, you likely earned it. I'm as fair as I can possibly be. From now on follow the TOS, thanks :D

Jimmy James
12-29-2004, 01:29 AM
That's true -- Terry Tate has never tackled me without just cause. ;)

tehMick
12-29-2004, 01:30 AM
This is a horrible idea.
Youre taking away one of my favourite online words.
Question: Does this asinine rule apply to the Shoutbox?
The 5 people who post there use the 4-letter variation that begins with the lettes: F, H, and E.
In closing, you guys need to lighten up.

SeattleDolfan
12-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Does it apply to eunuchs, too? Seriously, though, a good move.

Muck
12-29-2004, 01:35 AM
This is a horrible idea.
The 5 people who post there use the 4-letter variation that begins with the lettes: F, H, and E.

Well I guess that means 5 people will get banned if they use it again.

I'm sorry you don't get to use one of your favorite online words. Somehow, I think you'll live.

The rule applies site-wide.

LIQUID24
12-29-2004, 01:35 AM
This is a horrible idea.
Word. :yeahthat:

Jimmy James
12-29-2004, 01:37 AM
My, my. I guess if we had this forum back in the 60s or 70s, we'd have to have this discussion over a six letter word that starts with N that we don't say these days either...

tehMick
12-29-2004, 01:38 AM
This is censourship Muck.
I-I-I hate you guys.
:nono:

tehMick
12-29-2004, 01:39 AM
Liquid, youre such a "that word we can no longer use because if we do we suffer the consequence of being banned" its not even funny.
:chuckle:
Word. :yeahthat:

TerryTate
12-29-2004, 01:51 AM
This is censourship Muck.
I-I-I hate you guys.

We ARE the No Fun League :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nah, we are fun. But you can be fun and still abide by the guidelines everybody.

tehMick
12-29-2004, 02:02 AM
I cant stay mad at you guys.
Finheaven Co.:hump:
We ARE the No Fun League :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nah, we are fun. But you can be fun and still abide by the guidelines everybody.

Jimmy James
12-29-2004, 02:05 AM
I cant stay mad at you guys.
Finheaven Co.:hump:

Actually, you bring up a good and serious point -- does an icon named : hump : really jibe with this policy? Perhaps this little guy :hump: should be renamed...

tehMick
12-29-2004, 02:07 AM
:m83:Jimmy James
:couch:
Actually, you bring up a good and serious point -- does an icon named : hump : really jibe with this policy? Perhaps this little guy :hump: should be renamed...

texasPHINSfan
12-29-2004, 02:18 AM
My, my. I guess if we had this forum back in the 60s or 70s, we'd have to have this discussion over a six letter word that starts with N that we don't say these days either...
LoL... except lately i've seen more racial remarks about white football players on here than anything else.

Hey! role reversal...

keithjackson
12-29-2004, 04:07 AM
hey i know there probably arent a lot of other gay members surfing on here
but thanks

i was getting sick of seeing gay jokes all over the place

CpuFan
12-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Well I guess the wierdo's win again LOL its even infected this website now ROFOL.
And you say but it;s the 21st century??? Sorry but Right is right and wrong is wrong, but I guess not so in the 21'st century huh? Sadly America's values have been lost and it is only a matter of time now for her as well.

first&goal
12-29-2004, 07:52 AM
Excellent call, Muck
Yes!

xiidaen
12-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Does this apply to players/coaches as well as posters? (Even Division Rivals? I mean, everyone knows that the Buffalo Bills....well, I guess I can't post that until you answer my question...) ;)

Also, is intent taken into account? We could, I assume, discuss the issues of homosexuality in the NFL, etc -- or hypothetical breaking news of a player coming out of the closet, TO calling Garcia names again, etc.

Maybe being circumspect is the answer... "When I said 'He seems like he's been on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' I meant he's a snappy dresser."

I really don't have a problem with the rule, just looking for boundaries. It's gotten way out of hand on here. I do think you're setting yourself up with problems for new posters however, especially those who come in from other teams.

TeeMoney
12-29-2004, 08:13 AM
KeithJackson, you are saying that you are hom_Se_ual? Are you the real Keith Jackson, or is that just a famous person that you, um... you know?

Oh yeah, I think it's great that Muck & Co. are censuring hom_Se_ual references. What you should really do is eliminate rolley-eyes. Come on, that is more hateful and meanspirited than some of this other stuff. How many of you want to smack your kids after they roll their eye's at you? It should be banned!!!!

Jimmy James
12-29-2004, 08:21 AM
If they got rid of : rolleyes : and : rolleyes2, then I couldn't communicate my intent like half the time! :rolleyes: :rolleyes2

TeeMoney
12-29-2004, 08:26 AM
*smacks JimmyJames across his slackjawed face

yankeehillbilly
12-29-2004, 08:42 AM
I guess this means Junior Seau wont be able to post here.

Oh well, he's probably gonna be a cap casualty anyway:lol:

PhinBeck
12-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Oh Geez some of you got your (insert specific term used to describe womens underwear) in a bunch. It is a football board to discuss football issues. You cant call someone a _ _ _ _, WAAAA!

harmonkoz
12-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Well I guess that means 5 people will get banned if they use it again.

I'm sorry you don't get to use one of your favorite online words. Somehow, I think you'll live.

The rule applies site-wide.

I don't use the word... Personally. :chuckle:

But Muck you know as well as I do that you may be able to ban a username, and ip, an email even... Hell if you were really feeling violated I suppose you could ban a whole subnet.

You cannot ban an intelligent person. ;)

phinman1
12-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Wow. This is great. I could see the day where this will be a board where nobody ever has to hear anything offensive and nobody will ever have their feelings hurt. Wouldn't that be swell!!

NJFINSFAN1
12-29-2004, 09:50 AM
IS Darkoak a banned word???

just kidding, good job!

Hostile 17
12-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Wow. This is great. I could see the day where this will be a board where nobody ever has to hear anything offensive and nobody will ever have their feelings hurt. Wouldn't that be swell!!I kinda agree. I've posted on scores of web forums for several years now and whenever a group of mods starts going in this direction, it never ends well...

Philter25
12-29-2004, 11:04 AM
*smacks JimmyJames across his slackjawed faceNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO another person with my avatar. I think there are 3 of us on here that have the same moving pic. Crap...... :goof:

Muck
12-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Well I guess the wierdo's win again LOL its even infected this website now ROFOL.
And you say but it;s the 21st century??? Sorry but Right is right and wrong is wrong, but I guess not so in the 21'st century huh? Sadly America's values have been lost and it is only a matter of time now for her as well.

America's values include slurs and putdowns?? Nice.

We don't allow any variation of the N-word here either, even though it's popular in black culture these days.

This isn't a big deal IMO. And I don't understand why some are making it out to be. Unless you're an out-and-out racist/biggot or a part of your hourly thought process, this should barely register a blip in the radar. This is a message board, not an in-person discussion hall. Nobody sees each other. Nobody knows each other. And we're not discussing the issue itself. We don't want the issue to be discussed here, period. We're here to talk Dolphin football. So co-existence shouldn't be much of an issue.

But if you'd like to discuss the issue itself, we have a wonderful and active political forum.

I kinda agree. I've posted on scores of web forums for several years now and whenever a group of mods starts going in this direction, it never ends well...

Umm...ok. If that's the case, I guess we'll break the mold. But I've posted on lots of forums, and slurs have never been a big deal (banning them).

finjim
I'm still trying to figure out what the word is with an "F", "H" and "E" ???

:confused:

Philter25

set me straight here. no pun intended.You know the answer so why ask the question?

FIN-IN-RI
12-29-2004, 11:33 AM
it's really no big deal.

There are other ways to take someone off their soap box without calling them _ _ _.

Hostile 17
12-29-2004, 11:33 AM
This isn't a big deal IMO. And I don't understand why some are making it out to be. Unless you're an out-and-out racist/biggot or a part of your hourly thought process, this should barely register a blip in the radar.I guess the only reason a few of us have replied is that we may not know exactly what precipitated this. I for one don't know which poster or what thread caused the controversy, so I don't know what we are supposed to be avoiding, exactly.

Scrap
12-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Scraps final thought: This is a football messageboard, let's just do without making offensive statements geared towards ANY group. Even though I probably share many of the feelings that the majority of you do on the subject of sexual orientation, I do feel it's best to just treat everyone the same,reguardless. I am more than happy to follow the terms of service in order to remain a member of this forum.

As a side note (or question), shouldn't this be an allowable topic, when handled respectably, in the political/war forum? Keyword, of course, being "respectably". (Not a bash the (fill in unnecessary word) thread.) I think this could be a good way to allow people to grow up, yet express their thoughts on the matter in a polite way.

SuperDuperFan
12-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Its sad that we even have to have this discussion, that there have been this many posts questioning it. This is a great site for talking football and bringing up out opinions about the team. I too was getting tired of reading the stupid threads that have no other point than to put people down or make a stupid joke. Dont get me wrong, Im all for the funny stuff on the board sometimes....but there's no need to do anything that might offend anyone else.

Philter25
12-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Wow. This is great. I could see the day where this will be a board where nobody ever has to hear anything offensive and nobody will ever have their feelings hurt. Wouldn't that be swell!!:lol:

And we would all sit on a huge circular couch watching the fins on a giant plasma TV and all the chicks from the ladies lounge will serve us steaks and beer in boob shaped glasses while walking around in victorias secret lacey bras and thongs...... :lol:

end sarcasm. This world my friend does not exist. The way the world is today, everyone gets offended by everything so the best thing you can do is just try to contain it, but you can never eliminate it......

Scrap
12-29-2004, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=Philter25]:lol:

And we would all sit on a huge circular couch watching the fins on a giant plasma TV and all the chicks from the ladies lounge will serve us steaks and beer in boob shaped glasses while walking around in victorias secret lacey bras and thongs...... :lol:

[QUOTE]

When will Hugh Hefner be inviting us over to watch a game?

FinaciousOne
12-29-2004, 12:58 PM
:lol:

Obviously you've never been to my crib.

Quote of the Day:

"Profanity, personal attacks and name-calling are the frustrated attempts of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully." .... My Dear Departed Granddaddy

'66'Fin
12-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Football talk, bottom line.

NJFINSFAN1
12-29-2004, 01:07 PM

Quote of the Day:

"Profanity, personal attacks and name-calling are the frustrated attempts of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully." .... My Dear Departed Granddaddy
I'm there!!!!

Philter25
12-29-2004, 01:08 PM

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!! :lol:

NJFINSFAN1
12-29-2004, 01:11 PM
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Your the GM, can we write that off as a recruiting trip???:rolleyes:

Scrap
12-29-2004, 01:55 PM

Quote of the Day:

Excellent quote by your Granddaddy.

tehMick
12-29-2004, 02:50 PM
It ends with the letter G.
:cooldude:
Bah, i think what were all forgetting is that this is sort of like a Locker Room to a lot of us.
I think we can all agree we've heard worse things in a Locker Room than we have here.
But, if thats the way you guys want to run things than i guess i'll learn to live with it.
After all, it is your investment.
Do with it as you please.
PS: Harmon is the biggest "that word we can no longer use because if we do we suffer the consequence of being banned" on this forum...
...and i love him for it.
Harmon:hump:

I'm still trying to figure out what the word is with an "F", "H" and "E" ???

:confused:

darkoak
12-29-2004, 03:07 PM
IS Darkoak a banned word???

just kidding, good job!
Not yet but I'm still trying.:)