PDA

View Full Version : Heat vs Sonics, But the Sugar Bowl is On

Muck
01-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Dammit, I'd LOVE to watch the Heat and the Sonics. Two of the elite teams in the league going at it.

But I gotta watch the Sugar Bowl. Lots of potential Dolphins playing in that game. And it's the Sugar Bowl. Plus, a friend of mine is a starting CB for Virginia Tech.

I wish the Heat game could get rained out and postponed. :D

FinsNYanksFan13
01-02-2005, 11:47 PM
The remote control is a beautiful invention!

TerryTate
01-03-2005, 12:50 AM
ill be driving during that game :(

NaboCane
01-03-2005, 12:56 AM
Tivo, baby. Gotta have it.

I might get to go to the Heat-Sonics, if someone comes through with some tics.

:cooldude:

MikeO
01-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Who's your friend on VT Muck?

Muck
01-03-2005, 12:31 PM
#1 Eric Green.

Very talented guy. Really tough too. Had a great freshman season (started at CB, blocked punts). Had some bad injures in the middle seasons. Finally got healthy and had a solid fifth year in 2004. Finished with a great game at Miami.

He's actually much better friends with my other siblings. Whenever he's on break and we're all down, he comes and hangs out.

Most lists have him rated somewhat low in the CB rankings. But Sporting News had him #2 overall in December. And Pro Football Weekly awareded him 1st Team All-American last month, right next to Antrel Rolle. He's agreed to sign with agent Joel Segal, who also represents Michael Vick.

I hope he does well tonight. He'll be at the Senior Bowl next week and then the Combine. If he stays healthy at the NFL level, he could sneak up on people.

Muck
01-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Tivo, baby. Gotta have it.

I might get to go to the Heat-Sonics, if someone comes through with some tics.

:cooldude:

I've got a DVR with my cable company. Would rather have something else, but I sweet talked the rep and got it free. So I gave it a shot. Not pleased. Nothing ever records. :fire:

FinsNYanksFan13
01-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Sonics pulled it off and stopped the Heat's streak at 14, looks like their for real!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250103014

VJ1252
01-03-2005, 11:33 PM
eddie jones is mind-bogglingly bad

Muck
01-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Sonics pulled it off and stopped the Heat's streak at 14, looks like their for real!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250103014

We were due for a loss. But it was a close game. Eddie Jones should have sent it to OT.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Yeah you guys were due but with that said, the Sonics are a good team and have been a pleasent surprise especially when you consider the fact that everyone had them pegged as the worst team in the West in the pre-season!

Fresh
01-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I realize that we've been spoiled with the 14 straight wins, and I am extremely happy to have gone 14-1 in the last 15, believe me.

However, I'd be a bit less pissed if someone else missed the free throws. Eddie Jones sucks when the game is on the line. Plain & simple. He makes all three of those free throws if we're up 10 at the moment. All three. But because the game is on the line, he F's up. I wasn't surprised.

Oh well, we're still the sh*t in the East. :)

FinsNYanksFan13
01-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, Eddie Jones isn't the worst player in the world but the Heat were out of their mind to give him a MAX!

Fresh
01-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, Eddie Jones isn't the worst player in the world but the Heat were out of their mind to give him a MAX!

Finally, we agree. I don't know what Riley's deal was that year. Somehow, we popped out of that offseason paying Brian Grant & Eddie Jones about $12 million a year on 6-year deals EACH. :shakeno:

Then again, Eddie Jones' deal wasn't nearly as bad at the time as it is now. Before we signed him, he was putting up 20 points a game(we badly needed a consistent scorer, which he looked like at the time) and was one of the best(if not the best) perimeter defenders in the NBA. If anybody knows Pat Riley, we know he loves his defenders all over the court.

As for Grant, he really didn't do much to warrant more than the MLE. I mean, Zo was healthy and a top 3 center in the NBA. At the time, he figured those two would compliment Zo perfectly, and they probably would've. It's a shame what happened to Zo, because that would've been one hell of a team. Oh well. :)

Pink_Dove
01-05-2005, 02:50 AM
The Eddie Jones saga is truly sad.
IMO age has caught up to him, or he's uncomfortable playing with Shaq and the Truth.
You just don't become a putrid shooter overnight.
Maybe I'm stubborn but I can't believe the Eddie Jones I'm seeing this year is the one that would always hit the open jumper in the 90's wearing the purple and gold. I grew up watching him and Van Exel putting on a show and I can still see him knocking down the trey from the corner.
It just doesn't look right.

VJ1252
01-05-2005, 03:25 AM
The Eddie Jones saga is truly sad.
IMO age has caught up to him, or he's uncomfortable playing with Shaq and the Truth.
You just don't become a putrid shooter overnight.
Maybe I'm stubborn but I can't believe the Eddie Jones I'm seeing this year is the one that would always hit the open jumper in the 90's wearing the purple and gold. I grew up watching him and Van Exel putting on a show and I can still see him knocking down the trey from the corner.
It just doesn't look right.
eddie jones seems to rush a lot of his open threes. when he sets himself and takes his time he makes them more often than not. the frustrating thing is he could just fake a three and drive but he rarely does that and when he does he usually pulls up for a runner rather than going all the way to the basket.

funny thing about that missed free throw is that after he misses it you can see danny fortson and jerome james laughing at eddie jones. Thats how far eddie jones has sunk two guy who are averaging a combined 13 ppg are laughing at him.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-05-2005, 04:23 AM
Eddie's offense is shooting so when he is off, he's off and when he misses, his confidence gets down!