PDA

View Full Version : All this worthless talk about playoffs...

LithoMan
01-05-2005, 10:52 AM
To me, it seems pretty simple for a playoff system in college football.

1) Standardize the regular season for ALL conferences. They all start and end at the same time. An 11 week season.

2) No conference championships!

3) ALL BCS conferences get top 2 entered.

4) The rest of the 32 team format are AT LARGE bids made by a committee just like college BB.

5) First round games are played at the smaller bowls like the Music City, Motor City, Peach, Alamo. Biggest attendence these bowls will ever have. Thats a plus for them.

6) Second round at the same bowls.

7) The BCS bowls would host the 3rd and 4th round, the Championship would be at that years Championship Bowl.

5 weeks of "extra" playing. But minus continuous byes, starting early, starting late, championship weeks, and excetera. Basically, the season would end at the same exact time. Small bowls, huge bowls, everybody makes out.

Except for the morons who supposedly know football. The sports reporters that rank the colleges. They lose out, because if you took the top 32, they dont mean sheet then, and how they rank a school. Or conference for that matter.

I would rather see an OU or USC play a Boise State or Marshall in the first round, and the Music City or Motor City Bowl would TOO!!!

The only reason I can come too on any of it is the BCS backdoor of money and the sports reporters not wanting to get knocked off their high horse!

It works for college BB, and if the season is over at the same time as it is now, you cant argue the fact the season would linger into the winter quarters. bUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, Wrong!!!!!!!

brech10
01-06-2005, 09:09 PM
simple??

Brad528
01-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Good plan it has been thought of before though and i bet purposed to the NCAA they just dont give a **** about anyone except thereselves.