PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith #1 overall?

Martel
01-18-2005, 06:31 PM
On the front page of ESPN.com, Kiper is reporting that the 49ers will take Alex Smith 1st overall. I know it's a little early but I'm a little surprised by this. What do you guys think?

nick1
01-18-2005, 08:34 PM
he has a big upside and will learn fast so I think he will play good in the NFL, being as smart as he is is a huge thing and thats why I wanted Miami to get him but thats not very likely as we will trade down

AJFins87
01-18-2005, 08:50 PM
San Fransisco needs a lot of things. Seeing how they hired a former defensive coordinator and such, i would think that they might take derrick johnson first overall. Then leave out Alex Smith for us. I am hoping... If he is there at that pick i would love to have him.

SMadison29
01-19-2005, 01:46 AM
I think he's this year's most overrated QB much like Rivers was last year. Smith's lack of arm will show up at his workouts & he'll slip.

Martel
01-19-2005, 03:59 AM
I think he's this year's most overrated QB much like Rivers was last year. Smith's lack of arm will show up at his workouts & he'll slip.

But last year Rivers stock went through the roof after the all star games and combines.

nick1
01-19-2005, 08:17 AM
Smith doesn't have great arm strengh but he can scramble, makes good decisions and is accurate. All of those things can make up for lack of arm strengh. He can be like Brady and throw a bunch of short passes only he can scramble better the him

merlin00069
01-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Smith doesn't have great arm strengh but he can scramble, makes good decisions and is accurate. All of those things can make up for lack of arm strengh. He can be like Brady and throw a bunch of short passes only he can scramble better the him

Throws good short passes, smart and mobile. Guys sounds like Joe Montana to me! :D I think Rodgers will end up being the #1 prospect at QB, and Smith in the top 5.

LIQUID24
01-21-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Smith went from a 2nd-3rd round prospect to the possible #1 overall pick in a matter of weeks. :hmmm:

I like him, but I'm not sure he's worth a top-5 pick.