PDA

View Full Version : Baz did you declare for the draft?

touborg
01-24-2005, 02:51 PM
I remember you saying you were still considering it. What did you decide?

NJFINSFAN1
01-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Football or Brain surgeon?

FIN-IN-RI
01-24-2005, 03:02 PM
yea he did.

Baz
01-24-2005, 03:15 PM
I did make myself eligable for the draft......

NJFINSFAN1
01-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Best of Luck!!!:cool2: (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=2#)

miafinsfan
01-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Good Luck Baz!!!! :D

PHINSfan
01-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Good Luck Baz...Would love to see you wearing Aqua and Orange next year!!!

DOLFANMIKE
01-24-2005, 03:42 PM

Baz.....Good Luck. Remember, this deal is a crap shoot in many ways. Even our guy Sammy Knight didn't get drafted, yet came in and not only made a roster, but started right away.

Regardless of how you end up on a roster, its all good. It's what you do when you get there. Play smart and aggressive and you'll make it. I've given that same advice now to several former players playing in the NFL.

One bit of advice - If you get a chance to catch a position coach from a team you are considering teach at a clinic, be sure to go. They will give you a heads up advantage on the techniques they use and many important aspects of their scheme. You can walk in as a well informed Rookie. Also...VERY IMPORTANT...Be sure to introduce yourself to them so they remember you later on at camp. They will be impressed that you were that ahead of the game. Most the clinics are on weekends too, so you'll have several chances to catch them. Good Luck, let me know if you need any help with the stuff ahead.

Baz
01-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Aren't you a senior already? Did you still have to go through some special process to be included in the draft?

Good luck to you!

You have to fill out a few forms pretty much saying you want to be drafted. Nothing big, it just makes sure you want to be in the NFL......

Baz
01-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Baz.....Good Luck. Remember, this deal is a crap shoot in many ways. Even our guy Sammy Knight didn't get drafted, yet came in and not only made a roster, but started right away.

Regardless of how you end up on a roster, its all good. It's what you do when you get there. Play smart and aggressive and you'll make it. I've given that same advice now to several former players playing in the NFL.

One bit of advice - If you get a chance to catch a position coach from a team you are considering teach at a clinic, be sure to go. They will give you a heads up advantage on the techniques they use and many important aspects of their scheme. You can walk in as a well informed Rookie. Also...VERY IMPORTANT...Be sure to introduce yourself to them so they remember you later on at camp. They will be impressed that you were that ahead of the game. Most the clinics are on weekends too, so you'll have several chances to catch them. Good Luck, let me know if you need any help with the stuff ahead.

I appreciate the advice MIKE. I've already met a few scouts from the teams looking down here, been introducing myself and whatnot. I'll have to make the extra effort to meet a few special teams and DB coaches over the next few weeks......

Z40aPhinatic
01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
who is baz, havnt been here ina whiel what position school

Baz
01-24-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm a safety out of the University of New Mexico. For those who aren't familiar, its Brian Urlacher's alma mater......

BlueFin
01-24-2005, 04:30 PM
So Baz, what is your size? 40 time?

I did catch your bowl game, was that you on the receiver on that long pass early in the game?

tay0365
01-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Good luck Baz. :up:

spydertl79
02-03-2005, 05:33 PM
ur pretty damn good, led team in unassisted tackles, fumbles forced, fumbles recovered, and were without a doubt the best player in your secondary. Good luck.

Roman529
02-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Good luck Baz,,,,hope to see you see you in a Fins uni and representing the
New Mexico Lobos.

spydertl79
02-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Former walk-on who has been voted Special Teams Player of the Year by his teammates the past two seasons...2004 team captain...has been an integral member of virtually every special teams unit in his career...was a solid member of the safety rotation last year and has made a major impact at the right wolf (strong) safety position this season...is an outstanding open-field tackler, strong in run support and has an excellent understanding of the defensive system...coaches say he is probably the most dependable member of the secondary in terms of knowing his assignments...tough, hard-working, hard-hitting player who has never missed a game (47 played) in his Lobo career...suffered a separated shoulder this past spring, but refused to stay sidelined for long...jumped back into contact drills as soon as the trainers would allow, using his one good arm to go after ball carriers...is easily the strongest of the Lobo defensive backs...2003 Beefmaster winner for players between 201-225 lbs...holds record for safeties in the power clean (340 lbs.) and squat (555 lbs.)...also has a 395 bench and 355 incline...spent his early childhood in Panama City, Panama before moving to Albuquerque...mother's family still lives in Panama...speaks fluent Spanish...fun-loving player who is one of the team comedians...also appears as a weekly guest on a local morning radio show.

2004 (SENIOR): Senior leader of the UNM secondary who has been one of the biggest playmakers on the MWC's No. 1 defense...is putting together an all-conference campaign this fall...CollegeFootballNews.com rated him as the 9th-best player (offense, defense and special teams) in the MWC during the first half of the year...3rd on the team and with a career-high 64 tackles (40 solo), including 5.5 tackles for loss (-38 yards) and 3 sacks in 9 starts at safety...also has 4 passes broken up, 1 interception, 4 QB hurries, 2 fumbles forced (T4th MWC) and a conference-best 4 fumble recoveries...had a 70-yard fumble recovery for a TD at Oregon State, the 7th-longest scoop-and-run in the nation this year...has had two INTs negated by teammates' penalties...a tireless competitor this year, playing virtually every snap on defense and three special teams units...vs. San Diego State...Got in on 6 tackles, including 1 for loss, in 50 defensive snaps...helped the stingy Lobo defense limit SDSU to just 146 yards, 259 under its season average, and 1 late TD...had a big INT in the 4th quarter negated by a roughing the passer penalty...at UNLV...Active performance to help another excellent 2nd half effort by the Lobo defense...made 8 stops (5 solo), including 1 TFL in 47 snaps...recovered a muffed punt return in the 2nd quarter to set up a UNM field goal...went up high and nearly notched his 2nd career INT in the endzone later in the game, but was unable to hold onto the ball...was a little woozy after falling hard on the play, but returned after a few snaps on the sidelines...vs. Utah...Finished with 9 tackles (5 solo) in 84 defensive and special teams snaps...did a nice job blitzing off the edge, notching two QB hurries...at New Mexico State...Recorded the first interception of his career in the third quarter to set up a Lobo TD...would have had his first INT a quarter earlier, but the play was negated by a UNM holding penalty...added 3 tackles in 47 snaps as the UNM secondary limited NMSU to a mere 60 yards passing, its best performance in 2 years...at Oregon State...had his ups-and-downs in pass coverage early on, but rebounded with a terrific second half to help keep the Lobos within striking distance...recorded 10 tackles, including a career-best 9 solo stops...made the play of the game for UNM with OSU driving deep in Lobo territory late in the 3rd quarter...stripped QB Derek Anderson on a blindside sack then scooped up the loose ball and ran 70 yards for his first career TD, cutting the Beaver lead to 14-7 with 6:31 to play in the quarter...later caused and recovered a fumble in punt coverage midway through the fourth quarter...the two fumbles forced were the first of his career...also knocked away a 4-th-and-11 pass in the 1st quarter...vs. Texas Tech...Turned in the best game of his career and was named MWC Defensive Player of the Week after helping the relentless Lobo defense hold Tech to just 3 second half points in a 27-24 UNM victory...doubled his career-high with 13 tackles, including 9 solo and doubled his career sack totals with 2 for -22 yards...second sack came on a pivotal 2nd-and-goal play from the 5-yard line...Brandon Payne's INT on the next play eventually led to the UNM tying field goal...credited for his first sack when he forced an intentional grounding penalty...also had 2 QB hurries...had a pair of pass break-ups, also a career-high, including a diving deflection in the 2nd quarter on a 3rd-and-17 play from the UNM 32-yard line...played an amazing 106 snaps on defense and special teams...vs. Washington State...Notched 6 tackles in his third career start, at that time matching a career-high...made a TD-saving open-field stop on break-away Cougar WR Jerome Harrison to help keep the first half scoreless..also added a fumble recovery late in the game.

http://golobos.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bazinet_josh00.html

spydertl79
02-23-2005, 06:02 PM
5'11" 202 lbs Cleans 340, squats 355, Bench 395. Why didnt you play linebacker? what's your 40 time?