PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Unitas Dead!!

clayton83
09-11-2002, 07:08 PM
if this day wasn't sad enough, espn just reported that hall of fame qb johnny unitas has died of a heart atack at age 69.

no other details yet.

thanx for the memories johnny, we'll miss ya!!

Barbarian
09-11-2002, 07:39 PM
Damn.... At least he lived a full life. Johnny U was a legend, we'll miss you man.
*salute*

phinphan
09-11-2002, 07:43 PM
My thoughts go out to the family and friends of Johnny Unitas as they do to those who lost loved ones in the 911 tragedy.

Stay safe guys.

akfinfan
09-11-2002, 09:27 PM
No offense, but it figures it happened this week, so now the Colts will play with more urgency against us this week. Johnny was a great player, and an awesome QB.

dolphan39
09-11-2002, 10:34 PM
here is what Shula had to say: http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=2213

I would expect some memorial service at the game to honor the man. He was already way past his prime when I started really following football, but he was the prototypical superstar QB back when QBs called their plays.

dolfan06
09-12-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by clayton83
if this day wasn't sad enough, espn just reported that hall of fame qb johnny unitas has died of a heart atack at age 69.

no other details yet.

thanx for the memories johnny, we'll miss ya!! cripes, it seems like just yesterday i watched the rams and colts with johnny u at the helm, go at it like the north and south. john was a real field general!:(